"Access Day" highlights Linux wins, products

,----[ Quote ]
| Access released a lightweight "Mini" version of its Access Linux Platform
| (ALP) mobile phone middleware and application stack. At its "Access Day"
| partner event in Tokyo today, it also previewed ALP 3.0, and highlighted its
| growing list of Linux design wins and ecosystem partners.
`----

ACCESS Extends Mobile Linux Solutions to Emerging Markets and Innovative
Products

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today extended its ACCESS(TM) family of Linux
| platforms to include ACCESS Linux Platform(TM) 3.0 and the new ACCESS Linux
| Platform(TM) mini, a mobile Linux platform targeted at price-sensitive and
| emerging markets.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...3%7D&dist=hppr

Access Linux Platform Kicks Off

,----[ Quote ]
| After Access bought the Palm OS platform, it had quickly rebadged it to the
| Access Linux Platform (ALP) and ported the operating system to Linux. The
| platform hasn't seen adoption, but that is about to change come October 23.
| According to Just Another Mobile Phone Blog, a Russian phone manufacturer
| will be releasing the Edelweiss handset, which will run on ALP.
`----

http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...t=news&id=6080

Recent:

A hands-on overview of the Access Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/ac...x-hands-on.ars

ACCESS Linux Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today announced the Company concluded a System
| Engineering Assistance agreement with NTT DOCOMO, INC. on July 16, 2008.
| According to the terms of the agreement, ACCESS will create the technical
| specifications for co-developing an operator pack for ACCESS Linux
| Platform(TM) for DOCOMO's FOMA(TM) 3G handsets. FOMA (Freedom Of Mobile
| multimedia Access) is the brand name for NTT DOCOMO's 3G services, and was
| the world's first W-CDMA 3G service, launched in 2001. The two companies are
| targeting the conclusion of an agreement detailing software development work
| for the FOMA operator pack during August.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...E%7D&dist=hppr

ACCESS Announces NetFront Browser Widgets on ACCESS Linux Platform, Support for
Mobile Internet Devices

,----[ Quote ]
| ACCESS CO., LTD., a global provider of advanced software technologies to the
| mobile and beyond-PC markets, today announced it is extending the
| functionality of ACCESS Linux Platform with the addition of NetFront(TM)
| Browser Widgets for mobile handsets and consumer electronics, and support for
| Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs). With these new capabilities, businesses can
| quickly implement a wide range of widget services and deploy products in a
| new category of Internet-savvy mobile devices, based on ACCESS Linux
| Platform.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...5%7D&dist=hppr

Access says Palm touched its OS

,----[ Quote ]
| MOBILE LINUX ghost-OS and micro-browsers firm Access Systems told the
| INQUIRER there will be no Netfront 3.5 browser for Palm devices unless Palm
| requests it, and that Palm has fiddled with its Garnet OS.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...hey-ask-for-it

Palm Centro hits 1 million unit mark

,----[ Quote ]
| But if Palm can build off the Centro with its next device, a Linux-based
| handset, we might see Palm back in the mix in a big way.
`----

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=25341

Does ACCESS threaten Windows Mobile? (Video demonstration & interview.)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7183.html