More libel and FUD from Spamowitz - Linux

This is a discussion on More libel and FUD from Spamowitz - Linux ; Now he is accusing Alex of being a paid troll or having commercial interests in pointing out Roy's lies and inconsistencies. Needless to say Mark Kent is parroting him and finding conspiracies where there are none. Hey guys! There are ...

  1. More libel and FUD from Spamowitz

    Now he is accusing Alex of being a paid troll or having commercial
    interests in pointing out Roy's lies and inconsistencies. Needless to
    say Mark Kent is parroting him and finding conspiracies where there are
    none. Hey guys! There are none. You're just two lunatics! Nothing more
    to be said!

    Be sure to read Alex calmly destroy Roy and make him look like a
    paranoid nutcase here:

    http://boycottnovell.com/2008/10/18/...t-fud-red-hat/

    LOL. I must get some more popcorn!!!! Hysterical!!!!

    And thanks to Mole1 for the copy from Roy's irc channel.

    ,----
    | Alex is really scraping the bottom of the barrel to condemn the site: http://boycottnovell.com/2008/10/18/...-hat/#comments (it's like a broken telephone)
    | * mib_dqvwmg (i=8258be83@gateway/web/ajax/mibbit.com/x-22f581357fdeeda2) has joined #boycottnovell
    | * mib_dqvwmg has quit (Client Quit)
    | schestowitz: it's the paid-troll thing again, isn't it?
    | I don't know. I doubt it.
    | you think he's doing it for free?
    | That's what baffles me.
    | why would he bother? Nah, he's got some commercial interest.
    | It just might not be obvious what it is.
    | I think I know though.
    | * harrytuttle (i=528c0ab2@gateway/web/ajax/mibbit.com/x-282005fbf3b33d2a) has joined #boycottnovell
    | Um?
    | I prefer not to talk about people, but let's face it: Alex took a Novell project that was abandoned after Novell had signed a deal.
    | He denies it has something to do with competition vs Mirosoft.
    | haha! daft b*gger...
    | Now... it seems like he no longer works on the project, but I don't think he has any daytime job, either.
    | He lives in the same city as me.
    | well, if he's prepared to self-delude that much, there's little point taking his words all that seriously. Is he hoping that Novell will take him on?
    |

    | I don't know what his interests are, but he does a lot of research to discredit the site.
    | I mean, he pulls a lot of links that take a long time to find and replies within minutes.
    | Some days I reckon he spends hours not helping the site but just throwing slime at it.
    | kentma1: that's what I reckoned.
    | Maybe he tries to market himself that way.
    | It's not all that likely to work, but you never know.
    `----

    I love this little gem where AlexH slaps Roy down (Roy who has NEVER
    contributed to an FOSS project)

    ,----
    | I would suggest that “defending FOSS” ought to be considered to include
    | “not attacking FOSS projects”. IMHO, obviously…
    `----

    When Roy tries to slink away AlexH delivers the knock out blow thus
    consigning Roy to the ranks of loony thicky:

    ,----
    | Sorry, but no. You repeated the blog post which said “there may be some
    | “patented” technologies in [Hadoop]”, and called it “Predictable” and
    | said they did the same thing to PHP.
    |
    | You asked if I thought that was FUD, and of course it is. But it still remains up there.
    |
    | So your revisionist history doesn’t work. Patents were mentioned with
    | regards to Apache.
    `----

    Poor, poor Roy. Does he have anywhere to go from here?

    --
    "True. Due to a lack of competition, there essentially have been no
    improvements to Microsoft's operating system and office software. It

  2. Re: More libel and FUD from Spamowitz

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:20:23 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> [...]
    > contributed to an FOSS project)
    >
    > ,----
    >| I would suggest that defending FOSS ought to be considered to include
    >| not attacking FOSS projects. IMHO, obviouslyK
    > `----
    >
    > When Roy tries to slink away AlexH delivers the knock out blow thus
    > consigning Roy to the ranks of loony thicky:
    >
    > ,----
    >| Sorry, but no. You repeated the blog post which said there may be some
    >| patented technologies in [Hadoop], and called it Predictable and
    >| said they did the same thing to PHP.
    >|
    >| You asked if I thought that was FUD, and of course it is. But it still remains up there.
    >|
    >| So your revisionist history doesnt work. Patents were mentioned with
    >| regards to Apache.
    > `----
    >
    > Poor, poor Roy. Does he have anywhere to go from here?

    That's precious!!
    He's going off the rails for sure.

    I will give Roy credit for one thing though, he apparently does not censor
    his logs and blogs and so forth, at least as best I can tell.

    So at least he plays fair in the game.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: