Google and Obama - Linux

This is a discussion on Google and Obama - Linux ; Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt will join ...

  1. Google and Obama

    Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt

    Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

    On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    matters.

    [...]

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html

    -RFH

  2. Re: Google and Obama

    On Oct 20, 1:07*pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt
    >
    > Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    > campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
    >
    > On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    > will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    > economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    > unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    > matters.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html
    >
    > -RFH

    Last time I checked, the web site of the Democratic Party was based on
    Linux, while the GOP web site ran on Windows.

    -Ramon

  3. Re: Google and Obama

    Ramon F Herrera writes:

    > Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt
    >
    > Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    > campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
    >
    > On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    > will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    > economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    > unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    > matters.
    >
    > [...]
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html
    >
    > -RFH

    And this has what to do with Linux advocacy?

    --
    "True. Due to a lack of competition, there essentially have been no
    improvements to Microsoft's operating system and office software. It

  4. Re: Google and Obama

    Hadron wrote:

    > Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >
    >> Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt
    >>
    >> Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    >> campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
    >>
    >> On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    >> will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    >> economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    >> unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    >> matters.
    >>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html
    >>
    >> -RFH
    >>

    > And this has what to do with Linux advocacy?

    Watch out, it's the COLA Stasi, commonly called Hardon Quack. Do you have a
    nice uniform, with lots of ribbons and braid?
    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  5. Re: Google and Obama

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >>
    >>> Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt
    >>>
    >>> Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    >>> campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
    >>>
    >>> On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    >>> will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    >>> economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    >>> unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    >>> matters.
    >>>
    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html
    >>>
    >>> -RFH
    >>>

    >> And this has what to do with Linux advocacy?
    >>

    > Watch out, it's the COLA Stasi, commonly called Hardon Quack. Do you have a
    > nice uniform, with lots of ribbons and braid?

    Talk about a big wet "whoosh".

    --
    "The fact that they have been selling alpha HW which cant even make a
    phone call? That sounds like successful to me if the aim was to get some

  6. Re: Google and Obama

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:27:13 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> And this has what to do with Linux advocacy?
    >>>

    >> Watch out, it's the COLA Stasi, commonly called Hardon Quack. Do you have a
    >> nice uniform, with lots of ribbons and braid?

    > Talk about a big wet "whoosh".

    This group is getting stranger by the day!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Google and Obama

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:14:54 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Ramon F Herrera writes:
    >>
    >>> Obama gets backing of Google CEO Schmidt
    >>>
    >>> Eric Schmidt, CEO of Silicon Valley heavyweight Google, plans to
    >>> campaign on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
    >>>
    >>> On Tuesday, just two weeks before Election Day on November 4, Schmidt
    >>> will join Sen. Obama at an event in Florida to moderate a panel on the
    >>> economy, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday. Schmidt has
    >>> unofficially been advising the Obama campaign on technology and energy
    >>> matters.
    >>>
    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10069998-38.html
    >>>
    >>> -RFH
    >>>

    >> And this has what to do with Linux advocacy?
    >>

    > Watch out, it's the COLA Stasi, commonly called Hardon Quack. Do you have a
    > nice uniform, with lots of ribbons and braid?

    I suppose the Quack troll thinks *this* is Linux advocacy:

    Linux as a desktop OS is pretty much doomed it would appear.
    Too little too late.

    Hadron
    Fri, 25 Jan 2008

    Or...

    So you think it's tougher for Free (as in beer) SW to replace MS SW? It
    doesn't replace the MS stuff generally because the "free" application SW
    is piss poor in relation to the purchased versions.

    From: Hadron
    Or...

    The great majority of Windows application SW
    is eons better than it's OSS copy or alternative.

    From: Hadron
    Yup, fine linux advocacy there, from the Quack wintroll.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

+ Reply to Thread