5 days wasted installing Linux Suse - Linux

This is a discussion on 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse - Linux ; "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work getting opensuse 10.3 to work." http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the world's most usable Linux. http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the world's
    most usable Linux.
    http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

  2. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    DFS wrote:

    > "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    > getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    > Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the world's
    > most usable Linux.
    > http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    Reposting reposted reposts again.
    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  3. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    news:ILSdnYYqT5PQNWHVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@posted.metro net...
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    >> getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html
    >>

    >> Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the
    >> world's
    >> most usable Linux.
    >> http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    > Reposting reposted reposts again.

    Clearly you don't waste your time reading the "related" nonsense that
    Schestowitz reposts 80x a day.

  4. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > news:ILSdnYYqT5PQNWHVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@posted.metro net...
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard
    >>> work getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the
    >>> world's
    >>> most usable Linux.
    >>> http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    >> Reposting reposted reposts again.

    > Clearly you don't waste your time reading the "related" nonsense that
    > Schestowitz reposts 80x a day.

    As far as I am aware Roy doesn't repost the same reposted reposted repost.
    He at least posts information that can claim, in the majority of cases, to
    have relevance to Linux advocacy.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  5. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >

    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> news:ILSdnYYqT5PQNWHVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@posted.metro net...

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> Reposting reposted reposts again.

    >> Clearly you don't waste your time reading the "related" nonsense that
    >> Schestowitz reposts 80x a day.

    > As far as I am aware Roy doesn't repost the same reposted reposted
    > repost.

    The you are not "aware": he does it all the time.

    > He at least posts information that can claim, in the majority of cases, to
    > have relevance to Linux advocacy.

    How is MS Shares fluctuating in the current global crisis in any
    way related to Linux? Especially when he has proven himself time after
    time to be incapable of analysing any data whatsoever in the context of
    shifting markets and panic buying/selling-

    --
    "Let the body stay buried wherever he put it, maybe it'll get
    found some day, maybe not. "

  6. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>

    >>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >>> news:ILSdnYYqT5PQNWHVnZ2dneKdnZydnZ2d@posted.metro net...

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> Clearly you don't waste your time reading the "related" nonsense that
    >>> Schestowitz reposts 80x a day.

    >> As far as I am aware Roy doesn't repost the same reposted reposted
    >> repost.

    > The you are not "aware": he does it all the time.

    Was the word you were reaching for 'Then'?

    >> He at least posts information that can claim, in the majority of cases,
    >> to have relevance to Linux advocacy.

    > How is MS Shares fluctuating in the current global crisis in any
    > way related to Linux? Especially when he has proven himself time after
    > time to be incapable of analysing any data whatsoever in the context of
    > shifting markets and panic buying/selling-

    So you didn't read 'in the majority of cases'?

    Sad, very sad.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  7. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    SomeBloke wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    >> getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >> Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the
    >> world's most usable Linux.
    >> http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    > Reposting reposted reposts again.

    I use openSUSE and am trying out SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (currently
    installed on the test computer). It's one of the easiest to install
    distributions out there. So, reposting a repost or not, DFS is still full
    of ****.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  8. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> As far as I am aware Roy doesn't repost the same reposted reposted
    >>> repost.

    >> The you are not "aware": he does it all the time.

    > Was the word you were reaching for 'Then'?

    And you hope that scores you points? Nice running.

    >>> He at least posts information that can claim, in the majority of cases,
    >>> to have relevance to Linux advocacy.

    >> How is MS Shares fluctuating in the current global crisis in any
    >> way related to Linux? Especially when he has proven himself time after
    >> time to be incapable of analysing any data whatsoever in the context of
    >> shifting markets and panic buying/selling-
    >>

    > So you didn't read 'in the majority of cases'?
    >
    > Sad, very sad.

    not as sad as you making things up AND missng your own quote a few lines
    up. Here. Let me help you:

    ,----
    `----

    Now, off you run sonny. Go play in the Sunshine.

    --
    "Give it up because going on the offensive, and you are quite offensive, is
    not going to cover up your trolling and nym shifting blunders no matter now

  9. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    RonB writes:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    >>> getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>>

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html
    >>>

    >>> Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the
    >>> world's most usable Linux.
    >>> http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    >> Reposting reposted reposts again.

    > I use openSUSE and am trying out SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (currently
    > installed on the test computer). It's one of the easiest to install
    > distributions out there. So, reposting a repost or not, DFS is still full
    > of ****.

    How is it "easier" than other distros? Which features of other distro's
    install process has it improved upon? Thus indicating issues with the
    others I am sure you will agree. Well?

    I expect you to run away again.

    --
    "Don't like Linux.. don't use it. Simple."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp

  10. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Appil Department of Marketing:

    > "M

    Made a critical error there!

    This guy attacks micoshaft intellectual property SuSE Linux.

    Therefore he works for appil corporation!!!

  11. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    After takin' a swig o' grog, 7 belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Appil asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Appil Department of Marketing:
    >
    >> "M

    > Made a critical error there!
    > This guy attacks micoshaft intellectual property SuSE Linux.
    > Therefore he works for appil corporation!!!

    Heh heh.

    --
    Rap music is just computerised crap. I listen to Top of the Pops and after
    three songs I feel like killing someone.

  12. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> The you are not "aware": he does it all the time.

    >> Was the word you were reaching for 'Then'?

    > And you hope that scores you points? Nice running.

    Points? Only a juvenile would claim points. I am not a juvenile, unlike you
    obviously.

    >>> How is MS Shares fluctuating in the current global crisis in any
    >>> way related to Linux? Especially when he has proven himself time after
    >>> time to be incapable of analysing any data whatsoever in the context of
    >>> shifting markets and panic buying/selling-
    >>>

    >> So you didn't read 'in the majority of cases'?
    >>
    >> Sad, very sad.

    > not as sad as you making things up AND missng your own quote a few lines
    > up. Here. Let me help you:
    >
    > ,----
    > `----
    >
    > Now, off you run sonny. Go play in the Sunshine.

    What the hell are you on you idiot? It's not working whatever it is. You
    still haven't found the ability to read English. Pathetic.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  13. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    RonB wrote:

    > I use openSUSE and am trying out SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
    > (currently installed on the test computer). It's one of the easiest
    > to install distributions out there. So, reposting a repost or not,
    > DFS is still full of ****.

    Tell it to the crapware victim who wasted 5 days just getting the "world's
    most usable Linux" slopware to work.

    "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    getting opensuse 10.3 to work."

    http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

  14. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard
    >> work getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html
    >>

    >> Welcome to openSUSE.org...Our goal is to create and distribute the
    >> world's most usable Linux.
    >> http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

    > Reposting reposted reposts again.

    Whiner.

    Why don't you whine when Spamowitz posts the same stuff 200 or more times?

  15. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:01:00 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:

    > http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    >>> Was the word you were reaching for 'Then'?

    >> And you hope that scores you points? Nice running.

    > Points? Only a juvenile would claim points. I am not a juvenile, unlike you
    > obviously.

    >>> So you didn't read 'in the majority of cases'?
    >>>
    >>> Sad, very sad.

    >> not as sad as you making things up AND missng your own quote a few lines
    >> up. Here. Let me help you:

    Talking of making things up, here's an example of one of teh Quack troll's:

    And to think Willy is normally telling us how Linux runs on a PIII
    with 128 k of ram.

    From: Hadron

    Now Quack can show the messages where I've actually said that. Well he can
    can't he, or was the troll lying yet *again*?

    >> ,----
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Now, off you run sonny. Go play in the Sunshine.
    >>

    > What the hell are you on you idiot? It's not working whatever it is. You
    > still haven't found the ability to read English. Pathetic.

    Quack is renowned for his reading & mis-comprehension skills.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  16. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    On 2008-10-20, JEDIDIAH claimed:
    > On 2008-10-20, DFS wrote:

    > Linux not working perfectly on a laptop, imagine that.
    >
    > Although I can't say that my last attempt to install an OEM copy of Windows
    > on a laptop (or any other machine for that matter) wasn't an exercise in self
    > flagellation.
    >
    > Suse works just dandy on expensive Dells though.
    >
    > It never occured to me to try to install it on a laptop.
    >

    >> "My new Toshiba A200 (PSAF1A) works beautifully after a week of hard work
    >> getting opensuse 10.3 to work."
    >>
    >> http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/...hiba-a200.html

    Back when I used SuSE I had it on a laptop. At least 2 different
    versions. Didn't have any problems. In fact, it was the first and only
    one for awhile that found the wireless card and set it up without a
    hitch. The other varieties required downloads and compiles, or never
    saw the card at all.

    Toshibas used to be known problems. They might still be

    --
    Dogs crawl under fences. Software crawls under Windows. DuFuS crawls in
    pig****.

  17. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Sinister Midget wrote:

    > Back when I used SuSE I had it on a laptop. At least 2 different
    > versions. Didn't have any problems. In fact, it was the first and only
    > one for awhile that found the wireless card and set it up without a
    > hitch. The other varieties required downloads and compiles, or never
    > saw the card at all.
    >
    > Toshibas used to be known problems. They might still be

    In my experience openSUSE takes a long time to install (1.5 hours as opposed
    to about 20 minutes for CentOS), but when it's done it correctly identifies
    the hardware. I've got "trailing edge technology" so I'm sure it installs
    much more quickly on new hardware.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  18. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    Hadron wrote:

    > How is it "easier" than other distros? Which features of other distro's
    > install process has it improved upon? Thus indicating issues with the
    > others I am sure you will agree. Well?

    It installs more of the basics, fancy fonts, flash, mp3 player, etc.

    > I expect you to run away again.

    Just because I don't drool here 24/7 (like you) doesn't mean I "run away."
    Unlike WinTrolls like you, I've got a life.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    After takin' a swig o' grog, RonB belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> How is it "easier" than other distros? Which features of other distro's
    >> install process has it improved upon? Thus indicating issues with the
    >> others I am sure you will agree. Well?

    > It installs more of the basics, fancy fonts, flash, mp3 player, etc.
    >
    >> I expect you to run away again.

    > Just because I don't drool here 24/7 (like you) doesn't mean I "run away."
    > Unlike WinTrolls like you, I've got a life.

    And only Hadron will claim that someone saying one distro is easier or
    better than another means that the other necessarily has "issues".

    --
    There is a great discovery still to be made in Literature: that of
    paying literary men by the quantity they do NOT write.

  20. Re: 5 days wasted installing Linux Suse

    > Quack snotted:
    >>
    >> How is it "easier" than other distros? Which features of other distro's
    >> install process has it improved upon? Thus indicating issues with the
    >> others I am sure you will agree. Well?

    Hey, fsckwit, "easier" != "better". There's almost always a trade-off
    between ease and control. Being "less easy" does not mean that there
    are "issues", fsckwit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast