[News] Anti-ODF Former IDC 'Analyst' Smears Linux with Lies - Linux

  1. [News] Anti-ODF Former IDC 'Analyst' Smears Linux with Lies

  2. Re: [News] Anti-ODF Former IDC 'Analyst' Smears Linux with Lies

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Want to Laugh? Another Tall Tale About Where Linux Came From.
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Linux was created by IBM, HP (HPQ) and other former IT systems
    > | monopolists that realized that Microsoft was taking their systems
    > | monopoly away from them. IBM, HP, Digital Equipment (now part of
    > | HP), etc. had banded together for this purpose in the early 1980s
    > | while Linus Torvalds, the nominal creator of Linux and who now works
    > | for one of the groups IBM, HP, etc. put together for its trust-like
    > | purposes, was still in short pants. Ten years later, the consortium
    > | chose a small piece of software code, "forked" by Linus from some
    > | other code while he was in college, to complement the still ongoing
    > | technical development effort by IBM, HP, etc. to come up with "one
    > | Unix." What is today called Linux is the result of that one-Unix
    > | effort.
    > |
    > | Isn't that hilarious? To be fair, those Wall Street dudes are likely
    > | under a lot of stress nowadays. If he needs a job, maybe he should write
    > | a column with "Paul Murphy", who also comes up with his own histories on
    > | the birth of Linux. I see a match. Or he could write for ADTI, methinks.
    > | They tried to allege that Linus forked Minix, but it's a lie. Anyway,
    > | Linus already confessed. The father of Linux is the Tooth Fairy.
    > `----

    Not only does the Groklaw article rip Dennis Byron apart but he makes
    himself look a complete dolled up prat in the original article. The
    comments are particularly acidic!

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  3. Re: [News] Anti-ODF Former IDC 'Analyst' Smears Linux with Lies

    ____/ SomeBloke on Monday 20 October 2008 16:13 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:

+ Reply to Thread