Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux ; On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:41:42 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote: > On 2008-10-16, Erik Funkenbusch claimed: >> >> The solution works, and it works fine for a period of time. It's setup >> correctly. > > Explain "the solution" you've ...

  1. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:41:42 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-10-16, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:

    >> The solution works, and it works fine for a period of time. It's setup
    >> correctly.

    > Explain "the solution" you've been using. "Unloading the rules" means
    > what exactly? "Reloading" the rules means what exactly? How are you
    > performing these two steps?

    Ouch!
    Sinister demonstrates his well known Linux admin skills by asking all the
    *right* questions!

    Erick would do well to pay attention and answer Midget in detail, but I
    doubt he will.

    Beware the Sinister Midget Wintrolls, I'm nasty, but he has HUGE teeth
    for someone his size!

    On ya Midget!
    Terry

  2. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Terry Porter writes:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:41:42 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-16, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:

    >>> The solution works, and it works fine for a period of time. It's setup
    >>> correctly.

    >> Explain "the solution" you've been using. "Unloading the rules" means
    >> what exactly? "Reloading" the rules means what exactly? How are you
    >> performing these two steps?

    > Ouch!
    > Sinister demonstrates his well known Linux admin skills by asking all the
    > *right* questions!

    Well known? Gidget is second only to Willy in the "everyone knows he is
    useless" category. And, like Willy, he tells lies. We are still waiting
    for proof that Vista needs more than 4 gigs or that its litters the HD
    with "millions" of temp files.

    > Erick would do well to pay attention and answer Midget in detail, but I
    > doubt he will.
    >
    > Beware the Sinister Midget Wintrolls, I'm nasty, but he has HUGE teeth
    > for someone his size!
    >

    > On ya Midget!
    > Terry

    *cringe*

    --
    "It's perhaps inevitable that some professionals would paint their status
    as being somehow superior to those of the amateurs, after all, they're

  3. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:08:54 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Terry Porter writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 21:41:42 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 2008-10-16, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:

    >>> Explain "the solution" you've been using. "Unloading the rules" means
    >>> what exactly? "Reloading" the rules means what exactly? How are you
    >>> performing these two steps?

    >> Ouch!
    >> Sinister demonstrates his well known Linux admin skills by asking all the
    >> *right* questions!

    > Well known? Gidget is second only to Willy in the "everyone knows he is
    > useless" category. And, like Willy, he tells lies. We are still waiting
    > for proof that Vista needs more than 4 gigs or that its litters the HD
    > with "millions" of temp files.
    >

    >> Erick would do well to pay attention and answer Midget in detail, but I
    >> doubt he will.
    >>
    >> Beware the Sinister Midget Wintrolls, I'm nasty, but he has HUGE teeth
    >> for someone his size!
    >>

    >> On ya Midget!
    >> Terry

    > *cringe*

    I told you this would be entertaining!
    BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.

    Similar in their total ineptitude, but different people AFAIK.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:08:54 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Terry Porter writes:

    >>> Ouch!
    >>> Sinister demonstrates his well known Linux admin skills by asking all the
    >>> *right* questions!

    >> Well known? Gidget is second only to Willy in the "everyone knows he is
    >> useless" category. And, like Willy, he tells lies. We are still waiting
    >> for proof that Vista needs more than 4 gigs or that its litters the HD
    >> with "millions" of temp files.
    >>

    >>> Erick would do well to pay attention and answer Midget in detail, but I
    >>> doubt he will.
    >>>
    >>> Beware the Sinister Midget Wintrolls, I'm nasty, but he has HUGE teeth
    >>> for someone his size!
    >>>

    >>> On ya Midget!
    >>> Terry

    >> *cringe*

    > I told you this would be entertaining!
    > BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.
    >
    > Similar in their total ineptitude, but different people AFAIK.

    Did you read the "I'm nasty" but above? He really thinks he is here on a
    mission to chase out "wintrolls". What a lunatic. Maybe Roy called the
    "Porter" phone since he's getting so roundly spanked. Good move on his
    part because laughing at Terry F*ckwitt is far more entertaining on a
    quite Monday afternoon.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_****witt

    "He is understatedly captioned as "the unintelligent cartoon
    character". He is a brainless, notionless, mindless imbecile who
    mistakes gas bills for exam results and his neighbour for his
    mother. Terry looks the part as well: he is cross-eyed and has wild
    black hair sticking up ludicriously from his misshapen head in a style
    which appears to be dreadlocks. (No religious or ethnic subtext should
    be inferred.) He also wears platform shoes, for no discernible
    reason. He is quite foul-mouthed and when he realises that he has just
    done something stupid he will declare "**** me, I've got **** for
    brains, me." His frequent appraisals of his lack of intelligence are
    Terry's only correct statements."

    --
    "This year with the release of XP, they are actually behind. The end days
    are near for the BIOS reading inferior OS. It is inevitable."

  5. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:40:11 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Did you read the "I'm nasty" but above? He really thinks he is here on a
    > mission to chase out "wintrolls". What a lunatic. Maybe Roy called the
    > "Porter" phone since he's getting so roundly spanked. Good move on his
    > part because laughing at Terry F*ckwitt is far more entertaining on a
    > quite Monday afternoon.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_****witt
    >
    > "He is understatedly captioned as "the unintelligent cartoon
    > character". He is a brainless, notionless, mindless imbecile who
    > mistakes gas bills for exam results and his neighbour for his
    > mother. Terry looks the part as well: he is cross-eyed and has wild
    > black hair sticking up ludicriously from his misshapen head in a style
    > which appears to be dreadlocks. (No religious or ethnic subtext should
    > be inferred.) He also wears platform shoes, for no discernible
    > reason. He is quite foul-mouthed and when he realises that he has just
    > done something stupid he will declare "**** me, I've got **** for
    > brains, me." His frequent appraisals of his lack of intelligence are
    > Terry's only correct statements."

    That pretty much sums him up rather well I might say.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:35:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > I told you this would be entertaining! BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.

    Of course I'm not.

    > Similar in their total ineptitude,

    Hahahahahahah!

    My HP Laserjet printer took 30 seconds to install, how long did you take
    to get yours going again, 3 days was it ?

    I don't believe you know what the phrase "total ineptitude" really means.

    > but different people AFAIK.

    You have the experience to know Flatfish, you have been here a *long*
    time, and you know my style.

  7. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Terry Porter wrote:

    >You have the experience to know Flatfish, you have been here a *long*
    >time, and you know my style.

    I think he's creaming his jeans at your return.

    --
    "I read Flatfishes posts : he is a real advocate and you and your girl
    guides do a lot less to advocate Linux than he." - "True Linux

  8. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:17:50 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:35:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >

    >> I told you this would be entertaining! BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.

    > Of course I'm not.
    >

    >> Similar in their total ineptitude,

    > Hahahahahahah!
    >
    > My HP Laserjet printer took 30 seconds to install, how long did you take
    > to get yours going again, 3 days was it ?

    Good for you.
    So did my Samsung ML-1740.

    Neither of which has anything to do with the HP Laserjet I mentioned in the
    thread.
    All backed up by the Linuxprinting.org site BTW.

    You guys can dance all you like but the facts speak for themselves.

    > I don't believe you know what the phrase "total ineptitude" really means.

    I dunno, managing a clients systems over the net using telnet sounds like
    the height of ineptness to me.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  9. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:17:50 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:35:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> I told you this would be entertaining! BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.

    >> Of course I'm not.
    >>

    >>> Similar in their total ineptitude,

    >> Hahahahahahah!
    >>
    >> My HP Laserjet printer took 30 seconds to install, how long did you take
    >> to get yours going again, 3 days was it ?

    > Good for you.
    > So did my Samsung ML-1740.
    >
    > Neither of which has anything to do with the HP Laserjet I mentioned in the
    > thread.
    > All backed up by the Linuxprinting.org site BTW.
    >
    > You guys can dance all you like but the facts speak for themselves.
    >
    >> I don't believe you know what the phrase "total ineptitude" really means.

    > I dunno, managing a clients systems over the net using telnet sounds like
    > the height of ineptness to me.

    He didn't really do that and then try to palm it off as a "mistake" did
    he? This guy sounds totally incompetent. I guessed when he started
    showing off about reverse tunnelling. It's the "D for Dog" skill level
    for new admins learning networking principles.

  10. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:06:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:17:50 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:35:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> I told you this would be entertaining! BTW Porter is NOT Kelsey.

    >> Of course I'm not.
    >>

    >>> Similar in their total ineptitude,

    >> Hahahahahahah!
    >>
    >> My HP Laserjet printer took 30 seconds to install, how long did you
    >> take to get yours going again, 3 days was it ?

    > Good for you.
    > So did my Samsung ML-1740.

    I must have missed your post to COLA telling everyone how easy it was ?

    Don't be shy I'm sure lots of new readers would love to see it ?

    > Neither of which has anything to do with the HP Laserjet I mentioned in
    > the thread.
    > All backed up by the Linuxprinting.org site BTW.

    So what ?

    > You guys can dance all you like but the facts speak for themselves.

    Flatfish and "facts" don't go together, you know that of all Wintrolls.

    >> I don't believe you know what the phrase "total ineptitude" really
    >> means.

    > I dunno, managing a clients systems over the net using telnet sounds
    > like the height of ineptness to me.

    I agree. Do you still do that ?

    Hasn't Microsoft found a way to steal or copy SSH yet ?

    If you're referring to me, please paste some proof of your oft repeated
    nonsense?

    Info for the new and casual reader:-
    ===================================
    I once posted on COLA, many years ago that I use Telnet *internally*,
    behind a firewall to administer my Linux boxes.

  11. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On 2008-10-25, Terry Porter wrote:

    > My working Linux Reverse Ssh facility, built to enable remote admin of
    > remote Linux clients behind firewalls using FreeWRT that works perfectly,
    > and has for the last 6 months makes me incompetent ?????

    Hmmm. I prefer my openvpn setup with my WRT54GL with openwrt running as
    my openvpn server. It creates an encrypted tunnel and bridges to the
    internal LAN so that my remote machine acts as if it is part of the
    local LAN. It is fairly secure... no X509 certificate, no entry!

    BTW, all X509 certificates are kept on keydrives, not on any laptops
    used away from the local LAN. It saves having to revoke a certificate if
    the laptop is stolen.

    Openvpn is also multi-platform. It is widely used on Windows machines as
    well as Linux.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  12. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:28:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > I wonder if Hadron has ever set up a reverse-SSH tunnel? I had one
    > going for quite awhile, but stopped because I just never used it much. I
    > had thought that the network powers-that-be would have squelched it, but
    > they never did. Apparently it didn't bother them.
    >
    > However, they've given hassles to guys who have merely used SSH on
    > Windows to access their home machines.
    >
    > Yet they haven't bothered the guy who uses VPN to go home.
    >
    > Go figure.

    Sometimes I think that the Wintrolls can't even begin to imagine the
    Linux world, their minds are still trapped in the Windows Matrix, where
    they are prisoners of their own limited imagination.

  13. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:02:14 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:28:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >

    >> I wonder if Hadron has ever set up a reverse-SSH tunnel? I had one
    >> going for quite awhile, but stopped because I just never used it much. I
    >> had thought that the network powers-that-be would have squelched it, but
    >> they never did. Apparently it didn't bother them.
    >>
    >> However, they've given hassles to guys who have merely used SSH on
    >> Windows to access their home machines.
    >>
    >> Yet they haven't bothered the guy who uses VPN to go home.
    >>
    >> Go figure.

    > Sometimes I think that the Wintrolls can't even begin to imagine the
    > Linux world, their minds are still trapped in the Windows Matrix, where
    > they are prisoners of their own limited imagination.

    A prime example of one wintroll who can't adjust into the Linux world,
    IMO, is Hadron Quack "A long term windows user & programmer".
    He says there are "too many choices".
    The Windows Prisoner Mentality:
    ---------------------------
    ex-con: "Now where do I live? There's too many places to go! I was always
    TOLD where to go! I think the outside should just be one big building
    where you get assigned a cell number!"

    MS user: "What distro should I choose? There's too many to choose from! I
    always had just one operating system! I think Linux should be just like
    Windows where it's all one big system and I just type in my product serial
    number!"

    Hadron Quack (accompanied by other wintrolls singing the same chorus):
    "Distro hell, however, does not help. Too many customizations, too many
    "our way", too many choices. There are too many choices for people
    to choose from".

    ---------------------
    ex-con: "What, I have to WORK now? That's stupid! Why should I have to
    work when jail gives me everything I need?"

    MS user: "A command line? Compile a tarball? This is too hard! I just want
    everything handed to me without lifting a finger!"

    Hadron Quack: "And yet with Linux (or some distros) new kernel means
    compiling a new video driver. Nightmare."

    http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.p...8045f6e281780c
    [==]
    "....getting high performance Video cards working is a damn sight
    easier on XP because the installers are better.
    Debian/Ubuntu are a pain in the hole *- you need to recompile the latest
    NVidia drivers using a set version of the compiler, for example, when
    changing kernels." Message-ID: *

    Conveniently forgot about the 'Restricted Driver Manager'?

    -------------------------------

    The "Windows Prisoner Mentality"
    http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index....&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

    Or: http://tinyurl.com/entcv

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  14. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:02:14 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:28:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >

    >> I wonder if Hadron has ever set up a reverse-SSH tunnel? I had one
    >> going for quite awhile, but stopped because I just never used it much. I
    >> had thought that the network powers-that-be would have squelched it, but
    >> they never did. Apparently it didn't bother them.
    >>
    >> However, they've given hassles to guys who have merely used SSH on
    >> Windows to access their home machines.
    >>
    >> Yet they haven't bothered the guy who uses VPN to go home.
    >>
    >> Go figure.

    > Sometimes I think that the Wintrolls can't even begin to imagine the
    > Linux world, their minds are still trapped in the Windows Matrix, where
    > they are prisoners of their own limited imagination.

    We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  15. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 03:02:14 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:28:57 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>

    >>> I wonder if Hadron has ever set up a reverse-SSH tunnel? I had one
    >>> going for quite awhile, but stopped because I just never used it much. I
    >>> had thought that the network powers-that-be would have squelched it, but
    >>> they never did. Apparently it didn't bother them.
    >>>
    >>> However, they've given hassles to guys who have merely used SSH on
    >>> Windows to access their home machines.
    >>>
    >>> Yet they haven't bothered the guy who uses VPN to go home.
    >>>
    >>> Go figure.

    >> Sometimes I think that the Wintrolls can't even begin to imagine the
    >> Linux world, their minds are still trapped in the Windows Matrix, where
    >> they are prisoners of their own limited imagination.

    > We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    Wrong answer.

    You are too busy trolling and lying your ass off...
    --
    Ignorance is a condition. Stupidity is a way of life.

  16. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 18:45:30 +0100, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> Sometimes I think that the Wintrolls can't even begin to imagine the
    >>> Linux world, their minds are still trapped in the Windows Matrix, where
    >>> they are prisoners of their own limited imagination.

    >> We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    > Wrong answer.
    >
    > You are too busy trolling and lying your ass off...

    No, it's the right answer.
    Windows users and even more so Mac users are applications centric.
    And we have all the good ones that average people want to use.

    Linux?

    Great for proof of concept or tinkering but that's about it.

    Desktop of course.

    BTW, the correct reply from your end should have been something like :

    "Yea, applications like virus scanners, defrag programs etc".
    You know, the standard Linux answers.

    You're slipping Kohlmann.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  17. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:09:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    ^^^^^^^ reinstalling

  18. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:09:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >

    >> We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    > ^^^^^^^ reinstalling

    ^^^^^ and rebooting

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  19. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 01:19:53 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:09:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >

    >> We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    > ^^^^^^^ reinstalling

    Nope.

    Running.....

    I haven't re-installed Windows in at least 1.5 years, maybe more.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  20. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, RonB belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:09:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>

    >>> We are too busy running applications to fuss with an operating system.

    >> ^^^^^^^ reinstalling

    > ^^^^^ and rebooting

    ^^^^ and waiting for the
    hourglass to go away

    --
    And don't tell me there isn't one bit of difference between null and space,
    because that's exactly how much difference there is. :-)

+ Reply to Thread