[News] Microsoft Patent Trolls Infesting India - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft Patent Trolls Infesting India - Linux ; On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:15:19 +0200, Hadron wrote: > Chris Ahlstrom writes: > >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out >> this bit o' wisdom: >> >>> In article , >>> Roy Schestowitz wrote: >>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: India and rats (was Re: [News] Microsoft Patent Trolls Infesting India)

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 14:15:19 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> India has a well documented rat problem.

    >> Actually, many people there don't think of rats as a problem. They
    >> leave food out for them.

    > Not that many. There is a small sect who worship the rat Goddess, Karni Mata (and yes
    > I did have to Google the name as I had forgotten it).
    >

    >> (No, I didn't google that up. Even better I saw it on
    >> teevee, duuhhhh).
    >>
    >> I've never gotten used to the social dysfunction of people in my
    >> discipline, programming. An ability to deal with heavy details in code,
    >> but not with the simplest social context in a conversation.

    > Seriously, what are you talking about? Are you drinking?!?!?
    >

    >> Some dude once posted a notice about "network scanning" for "the
    >> printer". When I asked him what he meant by that, he answered
    >> that, since I did not know what it was, I probably had no need for it.
    >>
    >> Turns out it was the ability to scan a document and dump the data to a
    >> file over the network. But I got that answer from someone else.
    >>
    >> "Say, dude, do you know what time it is?"
    >>
    >> "Yes."

    > Err, ... Nurse!

    I think LiarMutt got into the Christmas egg nog a little early this year

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: India and rats (was Re: [News] Microsoft Patent Trolls Infesting India)

    In article ,
    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > "Say, dude, do you know what time it is?"
    >
    > "Yes."

    If you feel like being a bit of a jerk, when someone asks you the time
    at, say, 10:23, tell them "half past 9:53" or "quarter to 10:38".

    --
    --Tim Smith

  3. Re: India and rats (was Re: [News] Microsoft Patent Trolls Infesting India)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > In article ,
    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >> "Say, dude, do you know what time it is?"
    >>
    >> "Yes."

    > If you feel like being a bit of a jerk, when someone asks you the time
    > at, say, 10:23, tell them "half past 9:53" or "quarter to 10:38".

    I just look at my Mickey Mouse watch and say "It's half-past the mouse's
    ass."

    --
    "Life is a garment we continuously alter, but which never seems to fit."
    -- David McCord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2