[News] Eye Candy-rich Console, Screenshots of Elive 1.9.10 - Linux

  1. [News] Eye Candy-rich Console, Screenshots of Elive 1.9.10

    Yakuake — yet another pop-up terminal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Meet Yakuake, another pop-up terminal program. Contrary to Tilda (which I
    | have covered recently), the Yakuake is the renowned and appreciated one. It
    | supports many features - like tabs - which serve not only as eye candy.
    `----

    http://polishlinux.org/apps/cli/yaku...p-up-terminal/

    Elive 1.9.10 ScreenShots

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This is our first ScreenShot review of Elive Linux! I just want to say
    | congratulation to the Elive Linux team for making such a sweet desktop OS. I
    | have used Enlightenment in the past but not as much as I have used Gnome.
    | From trying out Enlightenment just a few seconds ago it was amazingly fast
    | and quite east to navigate, with just clicking once on the desktop the
    | Enlightenment menu appears.
    `----

    http://www.linuxdynasty.org/elive-1910-screenshots.html

    Recent:

    Elive The Age Of Enlightenment

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It is a solid, full-featured OS in its own right, thanks to its Debian
    | heritage, with Enlightenment making for a particularly tasty, if somewhat
    | exotic icing on the cake.
    `----

    http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=470

    ELive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I saw the distrowatch announcement on the ELive beta, so I figured I would
    | give it a try. On a very low end system with an old intel card, this thing is
    | fast and definitely has a wow factor. I recommend anyone with a spare blank
    | cd check it out. Enlightenment used to be the king of window managers, it
    | could be again if they keep this up.
    `----

    http://www.sharms.org/blog/?p=169

    Related:

    First look at Elive 1.0

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I love Elive and version 1.0 is a wonderful first full release. Just about
    | everything works and works well. The system and applications are stable and
    | fast performing and Elive looks exceptionally beautiful doing it.
    `----

    http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?is...070709#feature

    ELIVE 1.0 - ELIVE GEM

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Summarizing, Elive 1.0 Gem's strenght *is actually it's graphical/animative
    | prowess. Since *Elive 1.0 aka Elive Gem is based on Debian Etch, *I am not
    | surprised at all that it is a very stable Linux distro.
    `----

    http://www.linuxseekers.com/content/view/148/1/

    Enlighten your desktop with Elive

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Elive's been in development for several years now and in fact is so
    | popular that its developer, Samuel "Thanatermesis" F. Baggen, works on
    | it full time. In this month's article, Samuel explains his reasons for
    | spinning Elive and how the distro has evolved over the years.
    `----

    http://www.packtpub.com/article/enli...top-with-elive

    Elive - Are You Ready for a New Linux Experience?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In conclusion, even if the E 17 window manager is still in heavy development,
    | it still looks and acts very well on this stable version of Elive. The
    | development team exceeded all my expectations, because of the work they did
    | on the E 17 customization and all the other improvements and innovation to
    | ease our lives. Try Elive right now, because you will love it, you will adore
    | it and most of all, I'll promise you will be addicted to it a long time from
    | now on.
    `----

    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elive...ce-58810.shtml

    Elive Revolution Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The new version STABLE of Elive is finally released, codename Revolution,
    | new screenshots section, using the new systems for the LiveCD mode, a lot
    | of work is done on this release of Elive since the last stable release
    | called Serenity, the changelog is huge...
    `----

    http://elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/37.html

  2. Re: [News] Eye Candy-rich Console, Screenshots of Elive 1.9.10

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Elive 1.9.10 ScreenShots
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | This is our first ScreenShot review of Elive Linux! I just want to say
    > | congratulation to the Elive Linux team for making such a sweet desktop
    > OS. I
    > | have used Enlightenment in the past but not as much as I have used
    > Gnome.
    > | From trying out Enlightenment just a few seconds ago it was amazingly
    > fast
    > | and quite east to navigate, with just clicking once on the desktop the
    > | Enlightenment menu appears.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxdynasty.org/elive-1910-screenshots.html

    From the article:

    A couple of things struck me from Elive, First the Desktop effects that can
    be simply applied like the diving penguins and the flame at the bottom of
    the desktop or the falling rain.

    But Kohlman just claimed that only 3 people need graphical effects like
    this.

    I am certain when more than the current 3 users interested in those
    capabilities show up, those will be added ASAP

  3. Re: [News] Eye Candy-rich Console, Screenshots of Elive 1.9.10

    ____/ Ezekiel on Monday 20 October 2008 00:40 : \____

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Elive 1.9.10 ScreenShots
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | This is our first ScreenShot review of Elive Linux! I just want to say
    >> | congratulation to the Elive Linux team for making such a sweet desktop
    >> OS. I
    >> | have used Enlightenment in the past but not as much as I have used
    >> Gnome.
    >> | From trying out Enlightenment just a few seconds ago it was amazingly
    >> fast
    >> | and quite east to navigate, with just clicking once on the desktop the
    >> | Enlightenment menu appears.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.linuxdynasty.org/elive-1910-screenshots.html
    >>

    > From the article:
    >

    > A couple of things struck me from Elive, First the Desktop effects that can
    > be simply applied like the diving penguins and the flame at the bottom of
    > the desktop or the falling rain.
    >

    > But Kohlman just claimed that only 3 people need graphical effects like
    > this.
    >

    > I am certain when more than the current 3 users interested in those
    > capabilities show up, those will be added ASAP

    Troll nitpick. How desperate.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Google: organising the world's information. Government: reorgnaising
    the world's information (censorship) in its favour
    Tasks: 140 total, 1 running, 139 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie