Linux 2.6.27.2

,----[ Quote ]
| We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.27.2
| kernel.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/303724/

2.6.27-stable review

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 2.6.27.3 release.
| There are 17 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
| to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
| let us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and
| wants to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/303725/

"It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that they’re
holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of North Carolina.
Who are they trying to kid?"

* * * * * * * * --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat

Recent:

Linux kernel developers have tripled in number

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation (LF) has published a study on Linux mainline kernel
| development. According to LF, the number of Linux kernel developers has
| tripled since 2005, with many more companies contributing to the process
| (including, potentially, the latest new LF member, Adobe). *
`----

Linux kernel community grows, but elite group remains

,----[ Quote ]
| Viro has contributed 1,571 changes to the kernel, which sits at the core of
| the Linux operating system, over the past three years, according to a new
| report from the Linux Foundation. That's more than any other individual
| developer, the report states. In contrast, Torvalds, the kernel's creator and
| steward, contributed 495 changes. Viro couldn't be reached for comment about
| the report.
|
| [...]
|
| But this group of coding superstars sails atop a roiling sea of newer
| community members, notes Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux
| Foundation. Roughly 3,700 developers from more than 200 companies have
| contributed to the kernel since 2005, according to the report.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...rss-linux-news

Related:

Linux contributor base broadens

,----[ Quote ]
| With more companies funding Linux work, the core hackers now delegate
| 70% of the coding
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/...utor-base.html

Amazing 3D view of linux kernels..