    mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    days for nothing, please help!"

    #624 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63

    Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

  2. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:37:09 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move the
    > mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button to
    > reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound working. 4
    > days for nothing, please help!"
    >
    > #624 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >

    > Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    > powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    This is a typical Linux install.
    It's a total nightmare.

    Of course the Linux loons will blame it on hardware, even when the exact
    same machine functions with Windows.
    Not sure if this is the case here, but the truth is Linux is a total waste
    of time.
    You will spend endless hours making even the simple things work.

    This user found out the hard way.

    Four days?

    Most people give up on Linux after 4 hours.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    DFS wrote:

    > "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move
    > the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button
    > to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound
    > working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >
    > #624 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >

    > Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    > powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised not to.
    A bit further down, this same person eats crow:

    "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    black listed video card, DUH!!"

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  4. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move
    >> the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button
    >> to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound
    >> working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> #624 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >>

    >> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    >> powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    > No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised not
    > to. A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >
    > "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    > black listed video card, DUH!!"
    >

    > Richard Rasker

    This is what we expect from Little Stewie and his Obsessive Compulsive
    Disorder, complaints that have already been solved. No change, move along.

    --
    The years have been very kind to me.

    It's the weekends that have done all the damage!

  5. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 18:43:30 +0200, Richard Rasker wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move
    >> the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button
    >> to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound
    >> working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> #624 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >>

    >> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    >> powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    > No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised not to.
    > A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >
    > "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    > black listed video card, DUH!!"
    >

    > Richard Rasker

    Exactly why Compiz sucks and as in this example is the cause of many of the
    problems people are having with Linux.

    Pulseaudio is the other headache IMHO.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  6. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    On 2008-10-19, Richard Rasker claimed:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move
    >> the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power button
    >> to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the sound
    >> working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> #624 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >>

    >> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what a
    >> powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    > No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised not to.
    > A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >
    > "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    > black listed video card, DUH!!"

    The five-year-old is probably still reading the page to DuFuS and
    hasn't reached that part yet.

    I guess the poster never heard about his SysRq key combinations, too.

    --
    Q: How many Windows jokes are there?
    A: None. They're all true.

  7. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    Richard Rasker wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can
    >> move the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the
    >> power button to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything
    >> but the sound working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>
    >> #624 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >>

    >> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you
    >> what a powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    > No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised
    > not to. A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >
    > "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    > black listed video card, DUH!!"

    So it's a hardware problem? But it works fine w/ Compiz off?

    "it was all running very good until about an hour ago."

    Then it crapped out like virtually everything does under Linux. So now the
    user has to turn the feature off, while at the same time the whole universe
    of Linux idiots is crowing about how great Compiz is

    "...So, now I just run it without, unless I need to wow the pants off
    someone, then I click it on real fast, wow them, and turn it off. . . He he.
    .."

    Isn't that just like the crapware: demo the feature for 30 seconds and hope
    it doesn't crash, then turn it right back off.

  8. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    DFS wrote:

    > Richard Rasker wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can
    >>> move the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the
    >>> power button to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything
    >>> but the sound working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>>
    >>> #624 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=63
    >>>

    >>> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you
    >>> what a powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    >> No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised
    >> not to. A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >>
    >> "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    >> black listed video card, DUH!!"

    > So it's a hardware problem? But it works fine w/ Compiz off?

    No, it's the combination of four things: hardware, the software, the
    hardware manufacturer's drivers, and the meatware.

    And unlike Microsoft, which has a long history of excreting unstable,
    insecure, bug-infested crap, yet calling it "Great Software" -- and asking
    a steep price for it at that -- the makers of Compiz warn people about
    hardware which may cause problems when used with their software. QED.

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  9. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    Richard Rasker wrote:

    >> So it's a hardware problem? But it works fine w/ Compiz off?

    > No, it's the combination of four things: hardware, the software, the
    > hardware manufacturer's drivers, and the meatware.
    >
    > And unlike Microsoft, which has a long history of excreting unstable,
    > insecure, bug-infested crap, yet calling it "Great Software" -- and asking
    > a steep price for it at that -- the makers of Compiz warn people about
    > hardware which may cause problems when used with their software. QED.

    I see that you're quite the Linux-Pimp, Linux-Pimp-Rasker. What does MS
    have to do with a Linux issue, you moron?

  10. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:41:23 -0500, Terry Porter wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:23:47 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:37:09 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "...if I open more than one window, it locks up, completely! I can move
    >>> the mouse around but that's it! I have to push and hold the power
    >>> button to reboot. This sucks, big time, I just got everything but the
    >>> sound working. 4 days for nothing, please help!"
    >>>
    >>> #624 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    > t=587905&highlight=freeze&page=63
    >>>

    >>> Hey, at least the mouse cursor shows up on screen. That shows you what
    >>> a powerful, stable, reliable OS Linux really is...

    >> This is a typical Linux install.
    >> It's a total nightmare.

    > It's a typical Wintroll fake grass roots posting support scam, that's
    > what it is.
    >
    > I can play that game too, but it's really for infants:
    >
    > Terry1: "windows sucks d00d3'
    > Terry2: "oh you're so right terry1"
    > Terry3: "gee you guys are singing my song"
    > Terry4: "Yeah Windows sucks for me too"
    > Terry5: "Amazing, I thought I was the only one who thought Windows
    > sucked, but Terry1,Terry2,Terry3 and Terry4 are so right!"
    >
    > Considering that 9 year olds can install Linux without any problems, I'd
    > say that the *supposed* failure of Flatfish1 and Flatfish2 to get Linux
    > running, should be more a source of personal embarrassment to them, than
    > a failure on the part of Linux ?

    You'll find quite a bit of that sort of thing with the wintrolls. After a
    while, you begin to wonder if they're totally inept at doing *anything*.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  11. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linuxcrapware!

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:45:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Terry Porter writes:

    >> It's a typical Wintroll fake grass roots posting support scam, that's
    >> what it is.
    >>
    >> I can play that game too, but it's really for infants:
    >>
    >> Terry1: "windows sucks d00d3'
    >> Terry2: "oh you're so right terry1"
    >> Terry3: "gee you guys are singing my song" Terry4: "Yeah Windows sucks
    >> for me too" Terry5: "Amazing, I thought I was the only one who thought
    >> Windows sucked, but Terry1,Terry2,Terry3 and Terry4 are so right!"
    >>
    >> Considering that 9 year olds can install Linux without any problems,
    >> I'd say that the *supposed* failure of Flatfish1 and Flatfish2 to get
    >> Linux running, should be more a source of personal embarrassment to
    >> them, than a failure on the part of Linux ?

    > You are well named. Instead of prancing around in here living in your
    > own little world try getting out there and fixing the install issues
    > plaguing so many people.

    Lol, don't waste your Wintroll breath telling me what to do.

    > From your obvious high self regard I am going to guess you are Kelsey.

    Then you're as clueless as you sound.

    I use the name I was born with as I always have, it's "Terry Porter".

    Your name is "Hadron", clearly a fake name.

    You post anti Linux propaganda under a fake name, because you're afraid,
    people would know who you really are and hold you accountable.

    You're outclassed and outgunned here 'Hadron', you are just another time
    wasting Wintroll.

    My advice for the casual reader ... killfile this infantile dimwit.

  12. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    Terry Porter writes:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:45:59 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Terry Porter writes:

    >>> It's a typical Wintroll fake grass roots posting support scam, that's
    >>> what it is.
    >>>
    >>> I can play that game too, but it's really for infants:
    >>>
    >>> Terry1: "windows sucks d00d3'
    >>> Terry2: "oh you're so right terry1"
    >>> Terry3: "gee you guys are singing my song" Terry4: "Yeah Windows sucks
    >>> for me too" Terry5: "Amazing, I thought I was the only one who thought
    >>> Windows sucked, but Terry1,Terry2,Terry3 and Terry4 are so right!"
    >>>
    >>> Considering that 9 year olds can install Linux without any problems,
    >>> I'd say that the *supposed* failure of Flatfish1 and Flatfish2 to get
    >>> Linux running, should be more a source of personal embarrassment to
    >>> them, than a failure on the part of Linux ?

    >> You are well named. Instead of prancing around in here living in your
    >> own little world try getting out there and fixing the install issues
    >> plaguing so many people.

    > Lol, don't waste your Wintroll breath telling me what to do.
    >

    >> From your obvious high self regard I am going to guess you are Kelsey.

    > Then you're as clueless as you sound.
    >
    > I use the name I was born with as I always have, it's "Terry Porter".
    >
    > Your name is "Hadron", clearly a fake name.
    >
    > You post anti Linux propaganda under a fake name, because you're afraid,
    > people would know who you really are and hold you accountable.
    >
    > You're outclassed and outgunned here 'Hadron', you are just another time
    > wasting Wintroll.
    >
    > My advice for the casual reader ... killfile this infantile dimwit.

    What a surprise.

    Terry did not address the facts or the issues. Just whinged and whined
    like the prat he his and waffled on about accountability. Using your
    "real" name gives you no more credit than calling yourself John Holmes
    or Terry F*ckwitt. The contents of your posts are still just as
    laughable.

    You are not a Knight on a Linux charger Terry. You're a small time Linux
    admin muddying the COLA waters. Welcome back!

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  13. Re: I wasted 4 days, and all I got was this locked up Linux crapware!

    Terry Porter wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> From your obvious high self regard I am going to guess you are Kelsey.

    >Then you're as clueless as you sound.
    >
    >I use the name I was born with as I always have, it's "Terry Porter".
    >
    >Your name is "Hadron", clearly a fake name.
    >
    >You post anti Linux propaganda under a fake name, because you're afraid,
    >people would know who you really are and hold you accountable.
    >
    >You're outclassed and outgunned here 'Hadron', you are just another time
    >wasting Wintroll.
    >
    >My advice for the casual reader ... killfile this infantile dimwit.

    Did it, ages ago. "Hadron" Quack is just a snotty little asshole. He
    attacks everyone who advocates Linux.

    --
    "Because the fools that inhabit this news group have no idea of the
    real world. They honestly believe that it is better to be able to

  14. Re: A full day wasted on patching Windows Vista!

    On 2008-10-20, William Poaster claimed:
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:25:48 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-19, Richard Rasker claimed:

    >>> No, that shows what can happen when you do something you're advised not to.
    >>> A bit further down, this same person eats crow:
    >>>
    >>> "turning compiz OFF has solved my issues. I shoulda known, I enabled a
    >>> black listed video card, DUH!!"

    >> The five-year-old is probably still reading the page to DuFuS and
    >> hasn't reached that part yet.
    >>
    >> I guess the poster never heard about his SysRq key combinations, too.

    > DooFu$ seems to like second hand accounts, so here's one about Fista
    > crapware:
    >
    > Day wasted with Vista!
    > http://www.thenorth.com/apblog4.nsf/...2574E3007A89A6
    >

    > Vista SP1 upgrade means a day wasted
    > http://www.spearmaster.com/2008/03/2...-a-day-wasted/

    > http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=301323

    Wow! That should make Doofie happy! /None/ of those were solved by
    paying attention to what the documented facts are, unlike the one Doof
    tried to pass off as a problem with linux.

    Except maybe the 64-bit on a Dell. And I'd bet that's not written down
    anywhere either. But at least it's a little closer to the types of
    things Doof-boi comes up with concerning linux' supposed problems.

    --
    Dogs crawl under fences. Software crawls under Windows.

+ Reply to Thread