[News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google - Linux ; Microsoft: OpenOffice better than Google Apps ,----[ Quote ] | When pushed, Ballmer added that he felt Google has 'very primitive' | capabilities. "We have better competition today than Google Docs and | Spreadsheets. We get more competition from OpenOffice ...

  1. [News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google

    Microsoft: OpenOffice better than Google Apps

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | When pushed, Ballmer added that he felt Google has 'very primitive'
    | capabilities. "We have better competition today than Google Docs and
    | Spreadsheets. We get more competition from OpenOffice and StarOffice
    | frankly."
    `----

    http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...le-apps-476243

    Google is reviewing their legal options.

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock amicus_curious
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > Microsoft: OpenOffice better than Google Apps
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | When pushed, Ballmer added that he felt Google has 'very primitive'
    > | capabilities.

    I frankly thought Micoshaft products were primitive.
    More primitive than whats carried in LiveCDs.
    http://www.livecdlist.com

    > "We have better competition today than Google Docs and
    > | Spreadsheets. We get more competition from OpenOffice and StarOffice
    > | frankly."
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.techradar.com/news/computing

    microsoft-open-office-a-bigger-rival-than-google-apps-476243

    > Google is reviewing their legal options.

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google

    "7" wrote in message
    news:LcqKk.73652$E41.48971@text.news.virginmedia.c om...
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock amicus_curious
    > wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >
    >> Microsoft: OpenOffice better than Google Apps
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | When pushed, Ballmer added that he felt Google has 'very primitive'
    >> | capabilities.

    > I frankly thought Micoshaft products were primitive.
    > More primitive than whats carried in LiveCDs.
    > http://www.livecdlist.com

    Well I am sure you realize that no one cares what you think. You have no
    qualifications for judging so your opinion is worthless.

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft guilty of product disparagement vs Google

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:49:15 +0000, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock amicus_curious wrote
    > on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:
    >
    >> Microsoft: OpenOffice better than Google Apps
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | When pushed, Ballmer added that he felt Google has 'very primitive' |
    >> capabilities.

    > I frankly thought Micoshaft products were primitive. More primitive than
    > whats carried in LiveCDs. http://www.livecdlist.com

    It's the old 80/20 rule. 80% of the users use 20% of the features. Google
    Docs, while "primitive" espouses that rule. The "20%" of the features
    that google offers suffice for 80% of the users out there.

    That's the real threat to Microsoft. People realizing that they don't
    need to spend $500 (or whatever it costs) to buy MS Office when
    OpenOffice/StarOffice or even Google Docs does what they need it to do.

    Google Docs has the added advantage of the user not actually needing a
    computer, but able to have their documents available from any computer
    running any web browser and any operating system.

+ Reply to Thread