MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit - Linux

This is a discussion on MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit - Linux ; Just four words can send a Microsoft Xbox 360 executive running for the hills. And they’ll be getting their trainers on now, because a Red Ring of Death lawsuit has been filed against Microsoft. A report by DailyGamesNews states that ...

  1. MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit

    Just four words can send a Microsoft Xbox 360 executive running for
    the hills. And they’ll be getting their trainers on now, because a Red
    Ring of Death lawsuit has been filed against Microsoft.

    A report by DailyGamesNews states that the lawsuit alleges Microsoft
    knew about the infamous RRoD problem as far back as 2005, but that the
    firm chose to hide Xbox 360 RRoD failure rates so that sales wouldn’t
    suffer. [Suit in California...]

    Numerous articles on the subject of RRoD have apparently been cited in
    the lawsuit, including some that allege Microsoft was well aware of
    the RRoD problem back in November 2005 – just six months after the
    console was officially unveiled.
    Related stories

    The lawsuit also makes reference to a report claiming that over half
    of the initial batch of Xbox 360’s was defective....

    Microsoft's Xbox 360 warranty extension plan, announced last year, may
    not count in its favour. Last year, the firm took an estimated $1bn
    (£581m/€746m) hit to extend the standard one-year warranty to three
    years - from date of purchase - to cover RRoD hardware crashes

    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10...it_california/

  2. Re: MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit

    On 2008-10-18, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu claimed:

    > Just four words can send a Microsoft Xbox 360 executive running for
    > the hills. And they?ll be getting their trainers on now, because a Red
    > Ring of Death lawsuit has been filed against Microsoft.
    >
    > A report by DailyGamesNews states that the lawsuit alleges Microsoft
    > knew about the infamous RRoD problem as far back as 2005, but that the
    > firm chose to hide Xbox 360 RRoD failure rates so that sales wouldn?t
    > suffer. [Suit in California...]
    >
    > Numerous articles on the subject of RRoD have apparently been cited in
    > the lawsuit, including some that allege Microsoft was well aware of
    > the RRoD problem back in November 2005 ? just six months after the
    > console was officially unveiled.
    > Related stories
    >
    > The lawsuit also makes reference to a report claiming that over half
    > of the initial batch of Xbox 360?s was defective....
    >
    > Microsoft's Xbox 360 warranty extension plan, announced last year, may
    > not count in its favour. Last year, the firm took an estimated $1bn
    > (?581m/?746m) hit to extend the standard one-year warranty to three
    > years - from date of purchase - to cover RRoD hardware crashes
    >

    > http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10...it_california/

    They'll probably give the plaintiffs certificates qualifying them for
    free copies of Windows Vista Home Basic. The certificates might even
    apply to the repackaged version of Windows Vista Home Basic, currently
    known as Windows 7.

    --
    Bring Vista to its knees: start an application.
    Oh, that's right. You can't!

  3. Re: MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:10:15 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-10-18, nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu claimed:
    >>
    >> Just four words can send a Microsoft Xbox 360 executive running for
    >> the hills. And they?ll be getting their trainers on now, because a Red
    >> Ring of Death lawsuit has been filed against Microsoft.
    >>
    >> A report by DailyGamesNews states that the lawsuit alleges Microsoft
    >> knew about the infamous RRoD problem as far back as 2005, but that the
    >> firm chose to hide Xbox 360 RRoD failure rates so that sales wouldn?t
    >> suffer. [Suit in California...]
    >>
    >> Numerous articles on the subject of RRoD have apparently been cited in
    >> the lawsuit, including some that allege Microsoft was well aware of
    >> the RRoD problem back in November 2005 ? just six months after the
    >> console was officially unveiled.
    >> Related stories
    >>
    >> The lawsuit also makes reference to a report claiming that over half
    >> of the initial batch of Xbox 360?s was defective....
    >>
    >> Microsoft's Xbox 360 warranty extension plan, announced last year, may
    >> not count in its favour. Last year, the firm took an estimated $1bn
    >> (?581m/?746m) hit to extend the standard one-year warranty to three
    >> years - from date of purchase - to cover RRoD hardware crashes
    >>

    >> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10...it_california/

    > They'll probably give the plaintiffs certificates qualifying them for
    > free copies of Windows Vista Home Basic. The certificates might even
    > apply to the repackaged version of Windows Vista Home Basic, currently
    > known as Windows 7.

    The only people that make out in these kinds of class action suits are the
    lawyers, on both sides.

    I've been involved in several of them having purchased products that were
    defective.
    The settlement usually involved a discount on my next purchase from that
    company.
    As if I will ever purchase anything from most of them ever again.

    Hey, if the product is defective, the manufacturer should be held
    accountable.
    That's only fair.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit

    Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:

    http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...borks-fail.png

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    01:06:57 up 8 days, 10:02, 4 users, load average: 0.06, 0.12, 0.10

  5. Re: MS hit with Red Ring of Death lawsuit

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 01:07:20 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu spake thusly:
    >
    >> Just four words can send a Microsoft Xbox 360 executive
    >> running for the hills. And they¢ll be getting their trainers on
    >> now, because a Red Ring of Death lawsuit has been filed against
    >> Microsoft.

    > http://media.slated.org/albums/userp...borks-fail.png

    Do you realize how childish you look when you post stuff like that?

    The hardware fails.
    Microsoft made a crappy product.
    Microsoft should compensate those who got stuck with lemons.
    Fine.

    You'll be hard pressed to locate anyone who would disagree with those
    statements.

    So why not just present the facts and leave the rhetoric and zealot like
    attack dog methods at home.

    It will make your statements more credible and index Google just the same
    which is really your goal in the first place.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/