[News] Reasons to Love Ubuntu GNU/Linux - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Reasons to Love Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > I love Ubuntu, and here is why
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Ubuntu has gone out of it s way to include the latest and greatest that the
    > | open source community has to offer and has even simplified the
    > | interactiveness of the operating system in ways that only make other
    > | distr[i]butions (explained above) jealous and annoyed.
    > |
    > | Some versions of Linux will not be so friendly as to even have a preinstalled
    > | instant messenger that (by default) keeps a log of instant message from your
    > | friends. This means that when you open the chat window and start a
    > | conversation with a friend you can see the history and see what you have
    > | talked about in the past. This also means that you can look up what was said
    > | even when you are not talking to that particular contact.
    > `----
    >
    > http://kyleabaker.com/2008/10/15/i-l...d-here-is-why/
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > French police deal blow to Microsoft
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
    > | for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
    > | administrations in the world to make the break. *
    > `----
    >
    > http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...LZ3IeRaIH03x6w

    All you need to know about the French is summed up here:

    (It cracked me up)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc78yPv_ztM

    --
    "By your and your buddies references, marketshare.hitslink.com, it has
    moved from .43 to .68 over the last year. Increasing by 58% over the last

  3. Re: [News] Reasons to Love Ubuntu GNU/Linux

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:44:35 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I love Ubuntu, and here is why

    I dunno....
    Maybe because your boyfriend left you?

    --