Reconstructor: create your personal Ubuntu spin off - Linux

This is a discussion on Reconstructor: create your personal Ubuntu spin off - Linux ; Love Ubuntu, despise Mono? Mono, which I consider to be a Microsoft virus to infest the GNU/Linux environment with .NET technology, is deep integrated into the Gnome desktop environment, which is the standard in Ubuntu. [...] Fortunately I came across ...

  1. Reconstructor: create your personal Ubuntu spin off

    Love Ubuntu, despise Mono?

    Mono, which I consider to be a Microsoft virus to infest the GNU/Linux
    environment with .NET technology, is deep integrated into the Gnome
    desktop environment, which is the standard in Ubuntu.

    [...]

    Fortunately I came across Reconstructor, which is a neat GUI to create
    your own Ubuntu spin off. You have the option to disable or enable
    (un)wanted repositories, choose your preferred bootsplash, splashscreen,
    theme, iconset, wallpaper etc.

    [...]

    I "created" a spin off, which I call Nomo GNU+Linux. Nomo == No Mono and
    is inspired by a bitmap by Roy Schestowitz of BoycottNovell. It's the
    bitmap which is included in this article.
    http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2008/10/r...wn-ubuntu.html

    http://tinyurl.com/5trqp5

    Reconstructor takes the Free in Free Software for Ubunteros to a higher
    level.

    Kewl ;-)

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Reconstructor: create your personal Ubuntu spin off

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:53:34 +0200, ml2mst wrote:

    > Love Ubuntu, despise Mono?

    Love Ubuntu.
    Love Mono (the program).
    Dislike zealots and freetards who contribute nothing to the cause.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread