How to Save the Amazon Forest by Sharing

,----[ Quote ]
| Sharing this kind of info (a) costs *nothing* to the governments concerned
| and (b) could give this important project a big boost.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/20...y-sharing.html

Open Sustainability Network Event in San Francisco, this weekend

,----[ Quote ]
| North by South will be participating in the Open Sustainability Network camp
| in San Francisco this weekend. OSNCamp is “a BarCamp style conference about
| free content and knowledge sharing in sustainability, international
| development, appropriate technology and solutions to poverty.”
`----

http://news.northxsouth.com/2008/10/...-this-weekend/

"The Internet? We are not interested in it."

--Bill Gates, 1993

Recent:

No need to burn books you can't read - DRM and public libraries

,----[ Quote ]
| As my correspondent says: "After all that I still couldn't open the document
| (which I've only opened once before) and got this. Now I know I haven't
| opened the document at another computer because this is my only computer with
| a printer - so I didn't open it anywhere else. I am never using this service
| again. The British Library, Microsoft and Adobe can go shove their DRM up
| their document delivery service exit. "
|
| This, let me reiterate, is a public body providing publicly paid-for research
| to a highly-qualified professional engaged in impeccable work for the public
| service.
|
| It is hard to imagine something more expensive, condescending, inaccurate,
| frustrating and enraging – nor something better calculated to restrict
| knowledge and broadcast ignorance.
|
| It's almost as if the parties involved actively want to prevent people
| learning. It certainly feels that way.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,...331777b,00.htm

Related: