The Forecast Looks Good for OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Sometimes today, a sunny Italian Sunday, someone will download for the fourth
| million time the Italian version of OpenOffice.org. In the same timeframe,
| the number of PCs sold in Italy has been around six million. Of course,
| downloads do not count installed copies, because there might be multiple
| downloads for the same PC or from the same person (for instance, I have
| downloaded OpenOffice.org six times, because I own a PC and a Mac and I have
| downloaded versions 2.3.1, 2.4 and 2.4.1), but also a single download for
| multiple installations (as in the case of enterprises or schools). In
| addition, downloads do not include installations from the CDs included in the
| trade press and Linux distributions, where OpenOffice.org is already included
| as standard in the basic configuration.
|
| Things are definitely looking bright for OpenOffice.org – and not just in
| sunny Italy.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/commu...1406&blogid=14

Recent:

OpenOffice.org overwhelmed by demand for version 3.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Eager beavers keen to get their hands on the long-awaited arrival of version
| 3.0 of OpenOffice.org are currently unable to download the free, open
| source-flavoured suite of office apps because demand has broken the website.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200..._website_dead/

OpenOffice.org: OpenOffice.org 3.0 breaks through 390,000 downloads in a day!

,----[ Quote ]
| OpenOffice.org 3.0 in its first day in Italy has moved much more bytes
| (4,7TeraBytes), roughly corresponding to 580,000 Firefox’s downloads, while
| during the Firefox Guiness World Record “only” 320,000 downloads were
| actually done.
`----

http://robertogaloppini.net/2008/10/...oads-in-a-day/

OpenOffice.org 3.0 now in a browser with Ulteo!

,----[ Quote ]
`----