10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux

This is a discussion on 10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux ; Peter Köhlmann writes: > Linux Pimps wrote: > >> Hadron wrote: >>> Linux Pimps writes: >>> >>>> DFS wrote: >>>>> Richard Rasker wrote: >>>>> >>>>>> What they apparently mean is this: Microsoft's crappy >>>>>> "malicious-software removal tool" was run on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 373

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Rasker has proved himself totally and utterly incompetent when it comes
    >>> to ANY form of statistical analysis. Using flawed numbers he applies
    >>> flawed algorithms to reach, well, a flawed result.
    >>>
    >>> His inability to even go to Amazon, click on computers, then laptops
    >>> then "best selling" was a lesson to all involved at how little he should
    >>> be trusted. That combined with all the stories of foul mouthed women on
    >>> trains, friends with sons who are amazed at Linux and how he has
    >>> revitalised 3rd world PCs, which look like they were extras in
    >>> Waterworld, suggests that little, if anything, he posts can be trusted.
    >>>

    >> Yes, he is a real pistol.

    > Good thing that you support Hadron Quark. He absolutely needs the support
    > of "high experience people" like you, I am sure. After all, combined you
    > two would even outsmart a ****roach...

    Not so much going on at the blind kid pistol whipping competition today
    then Peter?

    --
    "It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops."

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> Who cares what you think? I certainly don't.

    >> The fact that you replied belies it's content.

    > The fact you replied belies your intent to troll.

    But your intent is to be the High-Linux-Pimp-Grand-Poobah.

  3. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 16:53:27 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Peter Khlmann writes:
    >
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:

    >>> Yes, he is a real pistol.

    >> Good thing that you support Hadron Quark. He absolutely needs the support
    >> of "high experience people" like you, I am sure. After all, combined you
    >> two would even outsmart a ****roach...

    > Not so much going on at the blind kid pistol whipping competition today
    > then Peter?

    Hahahah!
    Good one.

    Peter got disqualified because he had a smudge on his boots and his bullets
    were not in size order.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 15:07:58 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Erm, yes I do know what sudo is. And it is of paramount importance to
    > the point I made above. If you do no understand that (and I think you do
    > understand it) then ask and I will explain.

    The loons are trying to re-write history again.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> The fact that you replied belies it's content.

    >> The fact you replied belies your intent to troll.

    > You need to look up belies.
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=belies

    The fact you replied [camouflages, cloaks, conceals,
    disguises, masks, obscures, deceives, garbles, misleads, twists,
    dissembles, feigns] your intent to troll.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  6. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> The fact that you replied belies it's content.

    >> The fact you replied belies your intent to troll.

    > But your intent is to be the High-Linux-Pimp-Grand-Poobah.

    This is an example of:

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    [4.] Be patronizing, condescending and present an air of
    superiority. It may hide your inferiority to the casual reader.
    Use phrases like "kid" or "son", to elevate your relative
    apparent authority by attempting to diminish that of the Linux
    advocate you are addressing.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  7. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> The fact you replied belies your intent to troll.

    >> But your intent is to be the High-Linux-Pimp-Grand-Poobah.

    > This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    *snip*

    This is an example of:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...mper-liar.html

    --
    So how do we destroy Microsoft?

    Microsoft is doing the job quite nicely, imploding under its own weight."
    -- AZ Nomad in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  8. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:

    >>> I don't believe you. You're not believable.

    >> Who cares what you think? I certainly don't.

    > You can take CP/M, all the rest your crap and embedded all up
    > your ass for all I care as to what you have done. You should
    > make sure you grease first, High Linux-Pimp Grand Poobah.

    Very childish, very potty mouthed, sounds like the rant of a
    scolded disobedient 12 YO.

    --
    HPT

  9. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:

    >>> But your intent is to be the High-Linux-Pimp-Grand-Poobah.

    >> This is an example of:
    >>
    >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    > *snip*
    >
    > This is an example of:
    >

    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...mper-liar.html

    Oh, looky looky: Hadron Quark riding to the rescue of the currently most
    stupid poster of cola, the brainless nymshifter

    It is really heartwarming to swee how cozy you windows fanbois are to each
    other, Hadron Quark
    --
    My other computer is your windows box

  10. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Who cares what you think? I certainly don't.

    >> You can take CP/M, all the rest your crap and embedded all up
    >> your ass for all I care as to what you have done. You should
    >> make sure you grease first, High Linux-Pimp Grand Poobah.

    > Very childish, very potty mouthed, sounds like the rant of a scolded
    > disobedient 12 YO.

    Your reply belies your claimed lack of interest and moral high ground.

    This is an example of:

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...ster-liar.html

    --
    "Are Linux systems perfect. Uh, no."
    -- Rick in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  11. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On 2008-10-18, High Plains Thumper claimed:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Who cares what you think? I certainly don't.

    >> You can take CP/M, all the rest your crap and embedded all up
    >> your ass for all I care as to what you have done. You should
    >> make sure you grease first, High Linux-Pimp Grand Poobah.

    > Very childish, very potty mouthed, sounds like the rant of a
    > scolded disobedient 12 YO.

    Younger. Or also illiterate.

    --
    Vista: Proof you CAN fool some of the people all of the time.

  12. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Identity wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Following are the automatically notified patches/upgrades
    >> installed on my system over the past week:

    >> Commit Log for Thu Oct 9 22:17:44 2008
    >>
    >> Upgraded the following packages:
    >> libruby1.8 (1.8.6.111-2ubuntu1.1) to 1.8.6.111-2ubuntu1.2
    >> ruby1.8 (1.8.6.111-2ubuntu1.1) to 1.8.6.111-2ubuntu1.2
    >>
    >>> Don't worry about 'reviews' by sad little Wintrolls like
    >>> "Identity", it's just another angry little mother hating
    >>> pre pubescent self declared genius that isn't.

    >> Sad is true. His tenor rings of the potty mouthed
    >> Linux-sux/ VistaKing troll.
    >>

    > No, I am a human being like you are. I am fan of all O/S(s)
    > including Linux, as I have Suse Linux, liked it.
    >
    > I am not a fan of this chicken-**** NG and the regular Linux
    > user in it.

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

    33. Claim false Alignment. Remind Everyone that you are a
    long-time Linux user and advocate. Of course it is not true, so
    you will be accused of being what you really are. When that
    happens and you are accused of working against Linux. Deny!
    Deny! Deny!
    --
    HPT

  13. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Peter Köhlmann writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:

    >>> This is an example of:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    >> *snip*
    >>
    >> This is an example of:
    >>

    >> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...mper-liar.html
    >>

    > Oh, looky looky: Hadron Quark riding to the rescue of the currently most
    > stupid poster of cola, the brainless nymshifter
    >
    > It is really heartwarming to swee how cozy you windows fanbois are to each
    > other, Hadron Quark

    Rescue? I don't give a damn about "Linux Pimps". I am merely replying in
    kind to COLA's widely recognised stupidest poster. Namely High Plains
    Hypocrite. Only Willy Poaster is more useless.

    But good to see you riding in to take the heat off your COLA
    equal. Apparently he's a "mini" and "CP/M" guy ....

    --
    "It's perhaps inevitable that some professionals would paint their status
    as being somehow superior to those of the amateurs, after all, they're

  14. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:

    >>> Who cares what you think? I certainly don't.

    >> You can take CP/M, all the rest your crap and embedded all up
    >> your ass for all I care as to what you have done. You should
    >> make sure you grease first, High Linux-Pimp Grand Poobah.

    > Very childish, very potty mouthed, sounds like the rant of a scolded
    > disobedient 12 YO.

    You replied, so 12 YO's might attract you?
    Do you know ChrisV an den Bergh?
    --
    Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

  15. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    It's just shameful activity, huh, there High-Linux-Pimp-Poobah?

  16. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Identity wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Identity wrote:

    >>> What about you? You're no bed of roses that I have seen, make believe
    >>> IT director at a printing press.

    >> Don't talk about Hyp Da Crite! like that. He knows how to click a
    >> Windows button and send a job to the printer.
    >>

    > LOL
    >
    > Yes, I know. His company mission critical spreadsheet payroll, other
    > games, tools, water dispenser and auto flushing toilets are powered by
    > the big *L*. That way, there is a less chance of the big *L* being
    > hacked as an office facing solution.

    None of those are mission critical you raging dip****.

  17. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    DFS wrote:
    > Identity wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> Thats because you're lying or stupid.

    >> What about you? You're no bed of roses that I have seen, make believe
    >> IT director at a printing press.

    > Don't talk about Hyp Da Crite! like that. He knows how to click a Windows
    > button and send a job to the printer.

    A wintroll in a linux advocacy group calling a linux advocate a
    hypocrite. Priceless.

  18. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Peter Khlmann wrote:

    > Oh, looky looky: Hadron Quark riding to the rescue of the currently most
    > stupid poster of cola, the brainless nymshifter
    >
    > It is really heartwarming to swee how cozy you windows fanbois are to each
    > other, Hadron Quark

    Oh look, Petey at being brain dead Petey the Linux-Pimp mutt, and he is
    as smart as a dead piece of wood, as he chases. He buries his head deep
    up other Linux-Pimps John Brown behind parts, nice and cozy.

  19. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Identity wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Don't talk about Hyp Da Crite! like that. He knows how to click a
    >>> Windows button and send a job to the printer.
    >>>

    >> LOL
    >>
    >> Yes, I know. His company mission critical spreadsheet payroll, other
    >> games, tools, water dispenser and auto flushing toilets are powered
    >> by the big *L*. That way, there is a less chance of the big *L*
    >> being hacked as an office facing solution.

    > None of those are mission critical you raging dip****.

    Wasn't that his point?

    --
    "Do a screen-shot of a text. Now disable anti-aliasing. Do again screen-shot of same text. Compare both. They are exactly the same."
    Peter Koehlmann, COLA, explaining Anti Aliasing ....

  20. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    Look, you brain dead High-Linux-Pimp-Grand-Poobah, can you keep-up with
    current events? :-P