10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux

This is a discussion on 10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux ; Peter Köhlmann wrote: > Phil Da Lick! wrote: > >> Linux Pimps wrote: >>> Phil Da Lick! wrote: >>>> Linux Pimps offered nothing of note, thusly: >>> I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Results 361 to 373 of 373

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>> I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? I see you
    >>> talking a lot of trash, IT man.

    >> One man's trash is another man's treasures however your droppings will
    >> be described as nothing but **** by those who adhere to the charter of
    >> this group.

    > Nope. **** has /some/ value. It can serve as fertilizer.
    >
    > That nymshifter is unfit even for that.

    I stand corrected

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> One man's trash is another man's treasures however your droppings will
    >>> be described as nothing but **** by those who adhere to the charter of
    >>> this group.

    >> Nope. **** has /some/ value. It can serve as fertilizer.
    >>
    >> That nymshifter is unfit even for that.

    > I stand corrected

    Yes, you stand in your own **** experiments while you're at your MS
    powered printing press, fake IT director. Maybe, you can get one of your
    coworkers to pass you the Charmin.

  3. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps drivelled:
    > fake IT director

    Prove that claim please.

  4. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps drivelled:
    >> fake IT director

    > Prove that claim please.

    No, you prove that you are an IT director. You assigning yourself a
    little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.

  5. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Linux Pimps drivelled:
    >>> fake IT director

    >> Prove that claim please.

    > No, you prove that you are an IT director.

    I'll take that as an admission that you can't prove a claim you made
    about me then.

    > You assigning yourself a
    > little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.

    People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
    like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
    without proof or backup of any kind.

  6. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> Linux Pimps drivelled:
    >>>
    >>> Prove that claim please.

    >> No, you prove that you are an IT director.

    > I'll take that as an admission that you can't prove a claim you made
    > about me then.

    What have you proven, other than, you tossed out some kind of token
    title you gave yourself?

    > > You assigning yourself a
    > > little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.

    > People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
    > like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
    > without proof or backup of any kind.

    You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.
    That crap came from you about two months ago, as we went at it, you
    shoe string budgeted and fake IT director, an honest Joe.

    Like I said before, you get real touchy about it. Don't you boy? :-P

  7. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
    >> like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
    >> without proof or backup of any kind.

    > You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.

    What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
    dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
    cannot back up about other people.

  8. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:24:18 +0000, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>> People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
    >>> like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
    >>> without proof or backup of any kind.

    >> You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.

    > What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
    > dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
    > cannot back up about other people.

    Duh-Inanane Asshole does that a lot. He likes yakking about things he
    knows nothing about, especially Linux.

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  9. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>> People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
    >>> like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
    >>> without proof or backup of any kind.

    >> You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.

    > What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
    > dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
    > cannot back up about other people.

    You are boring.

    And I was under another nym maybe Bee or something when you popped your
    mouth about you being an IT director with a damn family own BS printing
    business running mission critical Linux solutions and using MS on the
    same network. As a matter of fact, you popped it maybe two or three
    posts in our first encounter.

    I don't forget **** like that from someone. Maybe, you can forget about
    the lies that you have told, but I didn't forget that one, about you
    being a token IT director, so you claimed with the lie.

  10. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
    >> dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims
    >> I cannot back up about other people.

    > You are boring.
    >
    > And I was under another nym maybe Bee or something when you popped your
    > mouth about you being an IT director with a damn family own BS printing
    > business running mission critical Linux solutions and using MS on the
    > same network. As a matter of fact, you popped it maybe two or three
    > posts in our first encounter.

    So? All of my claims happen to be true and you cannot prove otherwise.
    "Pants on fire" is not proof.

    > I don't forget **** like that from someone. Maybe, you can forget about
    > the lies that you have told, but I didn't forget that one, about you
    > being a token IT director, so you claimed with the lie.

    I'm also a token financial director and gdb. That's what happens with
    small companies. I realise you wintrolls see no inherent value in small
    companies but that doesn't change the nature of reality. The fact that a
    network has less than 20 machines instead of over 20,000 does not
    invalidate its competence or reliability.

    Another baseless claim. Not even an original one.

    And I reiterate, making on topic claims about yourself and your
    experience of the subject matter does not make you a worthless POS but
    making baseless claims you cannot prove about other people does.
    Especially when you're a self confessed troll out to make trouble.

  11. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Identity wrote:

    [snip]

    > To help prevent malicious software from silently installing and causing
    > computer-wide infection, Microsoft developed the UAC feature. Unlike
    > previous versions of Windows, when an administrator logs on to a
    > computer running Windows Vista, the user?s full administrator access
    > token is split into two access tokens: a full administrator access token
    > and a standard user access token. During the logon process,
    > authorization and access control components that identify an
    > administrator are removed, resulting in a standard user access token.
    > The standard user access token is then used to start the desktop, the
    > Explorer.exe process. Because all applications inherit their access
    > control data from the initial launch of the desktop, they all run as a
    > standard user as well.
    >
    > After an administrator logs on, the full administrator access token is
    > not invoked until the user attempts to perform an administrative task

    But, as we all know, for the average PC, the owner IS the administrator.

    And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
    users, it looks like gibberish:

    {Blah blah blah, blah. Blah} "innocent sounding function" {blah blah.
    Blah.}

    [Cancel] or [Allow]

    Odds are better than 50-50 that "Allow" gets clicked just to make the
    nasty old box go away.

    [snip]

    > Virtualization Process
    >
    > When an application installer attempts to write a file called Entry.txt
    > in C:\Program Files, it is silently redirected to a Virtual Store
    > directory located inside the current user's account. To the application,
    > things proceed as normal, and it has no idea that it is being
    > redirected. To the user, the application, too, still appears to be
    > located at the old, expected location. But because the application is
    > not access system-wide file locations, it cannot be used to harm the
    > system. And on multi-user systems, each user will have isolated, local
    > copies of redirected files. When this action is being invoked by a admin
    > user, the file entry is done in Program Files itself. This is depicted
    > in the figures below.

    "the file entry is done in Program Files itself"

    With or without a UAC prompt?

    'Make the nasty box go away! Click anything!'

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.

  12. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    > But, as we all know, for the average PC, the owner IS the administrator.

    You stupid clown, you have no *clue* as to what you are talking about.
    For the average PC? WTH are you talking about? Do you know?

    > And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
    > users, it looks like gibberish:

    But those same PC users will use an personal firewall with application
    control in it, and now they a guru's, huh?

    > {Blah blah blah, blah. Blah} "innocent sounding function" {blah blah.
    > Blah.}

    Oh, you're the blah blah *clown*, huh? You seem to fit that bill.

    > [Cancel] or [Allow]
    >
    > Odds are better than 50-50 that "Allow" gets clicked just to make the
    > nasty old box go away.

    Oh you are the blah blah *clown* and a Los Vegas bookie, huh? And that's
    also the clicking process of the ignorant, like you.

    > "the file entry is done in Program Files itself"

    How did you get a hold of a computer, you maroon?

    > With or without a UAC prompt?
    >
    > 'Make the nasty box go away! Click anything!'

    You are a very stupid person and a *clown*. Yes, you seem to be a person
    that would click away on anything under the Sun, like most dumbass home
    users like you.

  13. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On 2008-10-28, Linux Pimps wrote:
    > Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
    >>
    >> But, as we all know, for the average PC, the owner IS the administrator.

    > You stupid clown, you have no *clue* as to what you are talking about.
    > For the average PC? WTH are you talking about? Do you know?
    >

    >> And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
    >> users, it looks like gibberish:

    > But those same PC users will use an personal firewall with application
    > control in it, and now they a guru's, huh?

    ...if they actually know what they're doing, yeah.

    Odd are, the average Windows consumer doesn't have any clue what a
    "personal firewall with application control" is. They also would have
    no clue if they have one or if it's turned on. They have no interest
    or aptitude in figuring out what they would need to know to have any
    clue.

    [deletia]

    This becomes pretty obvious in the WinDOS forums as arguments
    about security in general quickly degrade into which is better to
    use: brand X, brand Y or brand Z.

    It's rather amusing really.

    --
    Sophocles wants his cut. |||