10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux

This is a discussion on 10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux ; Phil Da Lick! wrote: > Hadron wrote: >> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help >> group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are blinded >> by the stars in their ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 373

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
    >> group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are blinded
    >> by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and his
    >> "familiar with turning swap on" (although at least he uses Linux which
    >> is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High
    >> Plains Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows in a professional
    >> capacity on a daily basis).

    > Prove that my use of windows precludes my use of linux.

    Where did he say that you moron? Where did he say that it precluded your
    usage of Linux. How in the hell did you become an IT director, you
    moron? Now, that's a mystery as to how in the hell did you become an IT
    director.

    You just made it up, and you started calling yourself an *IT director*
    when you are not one. I bet the people that work for you say, "here
    comes that fake IT director again on operating printing press #1".

    You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
    product, and yet you use the product.

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
    >>> group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are blinded
    >>> by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and his
    >>> "familiar with turning swap on" (although at least he uses Linux which
    >>> is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High
    >>> Plains Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows in a professional
    >>> capacity on a daily basis).

    >> Prove that my use of windows precludes my use of linux.

    > Where did he say that you moron? Where did he say that it precluded your
    > usage of Linux. How in the hell did you become an IT director, you
    > moron? Now, that's a mystery as to how in the hell did you become an IT
    > director.
    >
    > You just made it up, and you started calling yourself an *IT director*
    > when you are not one. I bet the people that work for you say, "here
    > comes that fake IT director again on operating printing press #1".
    >
    > You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
    > product, and yet you use the product.

    "although at least he uses Linux which
    is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.

    Can you read it this time?

  3. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > Slow time at work for you, eh?

    Who was at work?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Have you seen Quasimodo? I had a hunch he was back.

  4. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Prove that my use of windows precludes my use of linux.

    >> Where did he say that you moron? Where did he say that it precluded
    >> your usage of Linux. How in the hell did you become an IT director,
    >> you moron? Now, that's a mystery as to how in the hell did you become
    >> an IT director.
    >>
    >> You just made it up, and you started calling yourself an *IT director*
    >> when you are not one. I bet the people that work for you say, "here
    >> comes that fake IT director again on operating printing press #1".
    >>
    >> You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
    >> product, and yet you use the product.

    > "although at least he uses Linux which
    > is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
    >
    > Can you read it this time?

    What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.

  5. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1njt24lh1h62l.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/24/08 3:21 AM:

    > Who was at work?

    When?

    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

  6. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Oct 23, 6:55*pm, Snit wrote:
    > "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    > h6k7solfcc7v$....@this.domain.or.that on 10/23/08 3:21 PM:
    >
    > > Snit wrote:

    > >> You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
    > >> authenticity

    > > You seemed to think it was a few weeks ago, loonball.

    > The comment you made was in the last couple of days:
    >
    > * * Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the
    > * * company website, and a company email address, and an office
    > * * with my name on the door, and a desk piled high with
    > * * paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
    > * * current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for
    > * * authenticity?
    >
    > You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
    > authenticity... I corrected you. *No big deal. *I did not, contrary to your
    > above claim, ever indicate that your mistake was "weeks ago". *You posted
    > that, as you snipped your error, just to run from it.
    >
    > You made an error - you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
    > authenticity. *Big deal.

    That's alot of words to misunderstand a joke. You know he's just
    calling back to the previous little skirmish over EXIF data, right?
    Will Tattoo Vampire give us daily updates on Snit's life this time
    around? That remains to be seen.

  7. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper schreef:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
    >> group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are
    >> blinded by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and
    >> his "familiar with turning swap on"

    ROTFL

    And again, "Hadron Quark" just /proved/ he knows next to nothing about
    GNU/Linux.

    As I wrote before /swapon/ is the command which is required to activate
    the swap partition on /every/ GNU/Linux distribution which lacks to do
    this automatically.

    Most GNU/Linux distributions however do this automatically and thus, the
    swapon command is not required (they simply use *swapon* in the
    background, without even noticing the user).

    *REQOEST*

    Could someone /please/ crosspost this to the Debian Newsgroups, since my
    (Free/Gratis) NNTP provider does not support crossposting. Just to prove
    to the Debian groups, how ignorant "Hardon Quarck" is of GNU/Linux.

    I can ashore you, that I didn't sucked the /swapon/ story out of my thumb.

    Every GNU/Linux admin, who is competent enough to _not_ use fancy GUI or
    TUI tools, can confirm /I didn't made the swapon story up/

    I know I'm right. because I had to use /swapon/ to install a outdated
    version of Puppy GNU/Linux, which had a corrupt install-script and thus
    I had to install it manually.

    Fortunately I had an old Slackware 3.0 CD around, including cfdisk,
    mkext2fs and swapon.

    So you where saying "Kernel Hacker" Hadron Quack... ???

    >> (although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said of
    >> Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all who admit
    >> to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily basis).

    All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such
    in contrast to "Hadron Quark" himself, who uses an Xemacs alike
    "clicketyclick" version of Emacs on Microsoft Windows.

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    > If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    > ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    > obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    > them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    >
    > also
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]
    > [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The liberal
    > use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
    > particularly when used against you more dignified opponents. Your
    > experience as a school yard bully can be handy here.
    >
    > And regarding the false accusation of "most of the COLA "advocates" have
    > never ever taken part in a help group":
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....e02b78810d98a2
    >
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > From: High Plains Thumper
    > Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:36:31 -0600
    > Subject: Re: Great New Linux Community Designed UMPC/Console!!
    >

    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> Hadron wrote:

    > [...]
    >>>
    >>> Same problem here. Crashed when I clicked on his profile. It
    >>> doesn't happen all the time though, sometimes it works
    >>> fine. Weird.

    > [...]
    >
    > Using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Firefox 3.0.3... Yes, FireFox task goes
    > down. Reported in Bugzilla as Bug 458003.
    >
    > Hadron claims to actively report bugs and criticise me for
    > failing to. Did not see see this reported by him or any other.

    Hadron's only goal is do discredit GNU/Linux users who - in contrast to
    Hadron himself - actually *KNOW* what their talking about.

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  8. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> Linux Pimps wrote:

    >>> Where did he say that you moron? Where did he say that it precluded
    >>> your usage of Linux. How in the hell did you become an IT director,
    >>> you moron? Now, that's a mystery as to how in the hell did you become
    >>> an IT director.
    >>>
    >>> You just made it up, and you started calling yourself an *IT
    >>> director* when you are not one. I bet the people that work for you
    >>> say, "here comes that fake IT director again on operating printing
    >>> press #1".
    >>>
    >>> You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
    >>> product, and yet you use the product.

    >> "although at least he uses Linux which
    >> is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
    >>
    >> Can you read it this time?

    > What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.

    You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

  9. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    ml2mst wrote:
    >>> (although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said of
    >>> Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all who admit
    >>> to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily basis).

    > All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such

    And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives them.

  10. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> "although at least he uses Linux which
    >>> is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
    >>>
    >>> Can you read it this time?

    >> What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.

    > You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

    Just like you.

  11. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >> All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux*
    >> such

    > And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives
    > them.

    "...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
    or the keyboard."
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

  12. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>> All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux*
    >>> such

    >> And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives
    >> them.

    > "...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
    > or the keyboard."
    > http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
    pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
    never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd soon know if they did because
    I'd have complaints that the net isn't working, or the email is down.
    Nothing so far.

  13. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> "...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
    >> or the keyboard."
    >> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    > Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
    > pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
    > never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd soon know if they did because
    > I'd have complaints that the net isn't working, or the email is down.
    > Nothing so far.

    Got 191 days of uptime so far.

    But I'm getting the "upgrade my kernel, my nvidia, and my vmware" itch.
    Version 2.6.24 is getting kind of old.

    I'm surprised DFS isn't posting stuff like this

    http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v...geLog-2.6.27.3

    and whoo-whooing about all the bugs in the "slopware". He's missing a
    real opportunity to make a total jackass out of himself.

    --
    It's better to be wanted for murder that not to be wanted at all.
    -- Marty Winch

  14. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:38:44 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
    >>> or the keyboard."
    >>> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    >> Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
    >> pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
    >> never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd soon know if they did because
    >> I'd have complaints that the net isn't working, or the email is down.
    >> Nothing so far.

    > Got 191 days of uptime so far.
    >
    > But I'm getting the "upgrade my kernel, my nvidia, and my vmware" itch.
    > Version 2.6.24 is getting kind of old.
    >
    > I'm surprised DFS isn't posting stuff like this
    >
    > http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v...geLog-2.6.27.3
    >
    > and whoo-whooing about all the bugs in the "slopware". He's missing a
    > real opportunity to make a total jackass out of himself.

    Ah, but DFS said Linux is perfect! ;-)

    Linux, the perfect OS,

    DFS -
    Saturday 29 March 2008 6:01:59 pm
    comp.os.linux.advocacy

    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective

  15. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Fsckwitted troll wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >>> "although at least he uses Linux which
    >>> is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
    >>>
    >>> Can you read it this time?

    >> What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.

    >You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

    These trolls are so God-damned stupid that they cannot understand even
    simple concepts.

    Advocating freedom and choice is one thing.

    Refusing to use some of the choices is something else.

    The above two concepts are not even close to being the same thing.

  16. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    chrisv wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Fsckwitted troll wrote:

    >>> What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.

    >> You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

    > These trolls are so God-damned stupid that they cannot understand even
    > simple concepts.
    >
    > Advocating freedom and choice is one thing.
    >
    > Refusing to use some of the choices is something else.
    >
    > The above two concepts are not even close to being the same thing.

    Makes you wonder what their real motivation is. I can't think of too
    many people I know who would accept some of their freedoms being taken
    away if they knew about it.

  17. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Linux Pimps wrote:
    >> You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

    > Just like you.

    Spake the troll.

  18. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >>>
    >>> And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives
    >>> them.

    >> "...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the
    >> mouse or the keyboard."
    >> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    > Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
    > pathetic.

    The truth bothers you that much, Hyp Da Crite!?

    Too bad. Linux/Unix assholes have been whining about other peoples' Windows
    problems forever.

    > For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
    > never frozen on me that I can recall.

    Sample of one! Meanwhile, many, many crapware Linux boxes lock up randomly
    several times per hour. To help stabilize the slop, you usually have to
    turn those 'reliable and stable' features (Compiz, ACPI, etc) off.

    It's junk software.

  19. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "cc" stated in post
    d75b5872-a675-486c-a385-541088c64c5b...oglegroups.com on 10/24/08
    4:51 AM:

    > On Oct 23, 6:55*pm, Snit wrote:
    >> "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    >> h6k7solfcc7v$....@this.domain.or.that on 10/23/08 3:21 PM:

    >>> You seemed to think it was a few weeks ago, loonball.

    >> The comment you made was in the last couple of days:
    >>
    >> * * Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the
    >> * * company website, and a company email address, and an office
    >> * * with my name on the door, and a desk piled high with
    >> * * paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
    >> * * current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for
    >> * * authenticity?
    >>
    >> You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
    >> authenticity... I corrected you. *No big deal. *I did not, contrary to your
    >> above claim, ever indicate that your mistake was "weeks ago". *You posted
    >> that, as you snipped your error, just to run from it.
    >>
    >> You made an error - you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
    >> authenticity. *Big deal.
    >>

    > That's alot of words to misunderstand a joke. You know he's just
    > calling back to the previous little skirmish over EXIF data, right?
    > Will Tattoo Vampire give us daily updates on Snit's life this time
    > around? That remains to be seen.

    I suspect he is breaking his word and re-focusing on that past absurd
    debate. I am granting him the benefit of the doubt, however, in assuming he
    is not. And, anyway, if he is going to make an absurd comment - why not
    call him on his error.

    EXIF data does not guarantee authenticity...

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  20. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > Linux Pimps wrote:
    >>> You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.

    >> Just like you.

    > Spake the troll.

    You're a clown. At least you didn't pucker-up and kiss chrisv's ass,
    which is the usual MO for you Linux-Pimps.