10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux

This is a discussion on 10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux ; Chris Ahlstrom wrote: > That reminds me, TV, what was your favorite toy as a kid, your Lincoln > Logs or your Erector Set? You said "log" uh huh huh huh huh huh Erector Set. I said "erector" uh huh ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 373

Thread: 10 reasons why should one use linux

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > That reminds me, TV, what was your favorite toy as a kid, your Lincoln
    > Logs or your Erector Set?


    You said "log" uh huh huh huh huh huh

    Erector Set. I said "erector" uh huh huh huh huh
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ...."It's Ensign Polo. He's thread, Jim!"

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > Please post links to these "lies" you refer to.


    That would be a hell of a lot of links, the majority of them pointing to
    posts of yours.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....ETHERNET - A device for catching the ether bunny.

  3. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > It is not just an "opinion" - it is an accusation you are making against
    > another person in a public forum - one you acknowledge you are not willing
    > (and, likely, able) to support. You also have repeatedly snipped the
    > context of the conversation at every opportunity to try to obfuscate your
    > comments.
    >
    > Feel free to have your opinions - but I would appreciate it if you would
    > stop making unsupportable accusations against me in a public forum.


    Oh, quit crying and get over it, Michael. We all know how you are.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....ETHERNET - A device for catching the ether bunny.

  4. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:57:25 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> That reminds me, TV, what was your favorite toy as a kid, your Lincoln
    >> Logs or your Erector Set?

    >
    > You said "log" uh huh huh huh huh huh
    >
    > Erector Set. I said "erector" uh huh huh huh huh


    Gilbert Erector Set was my fav......

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> That reminds me, TV, what was your favorite toy as a kid, your Lincoln
    >> Logs or your Erector Set?

    >
    > You said "log" uh huh huh huh huh huh
    >
    > Erector Set. I said "erector" uh huh huh huh huh


    "Throw a towel over it, Pablo!"


  6. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > Clearly I am merely siding with you for evil purposes when I say it is
    > absurd to claim you have not used Linux.


    No, you side with him because you're just another troll here to cause
    trouble. You hardly post anything until one of your cohorts starts
    something, then you're in here yuk-yukking it up with them.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....This message written with recycled electrons.

  7. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    6tawdv20w73s.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 3:05 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Clearly I am merely siding with you for evil purposes when I say it is
    >> absurd to claim you have not used Linux.

    >
    > No, you side with him because you're just another troll here to cause
    > trouble. You hardly post anything until one of your cohorts starts
    > something, then you're in here yuk-yukking it up with them.


    See how you spew accusations you cannot support. Face it: you are just
    lashing out and trolling.


    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.
    - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)


  8. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > See how you spew accusations you cannot support. Face it: you are just
    > lashing out and trolling.


    Anyone here with half a brain (that counts out Quack, D00F and Flatfarb)
    knows your game by now.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    * <--- Tribble . <--- Tribble.zip

  9. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Gilbert Erector Set was my fav......


    And the Radio Shack 3 Zillion in One Electronic Project Kit.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

  10. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1h7cw3857rbs.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 3:00 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> It is not just an "opinion" - it is an accusation you are making against
    >> another person in a public forum - one you acknowledge you are not willing
    >> (and, likely, able) to support. You also have repeatedly snipped the
    >> context of the conversation at every opportunity to try to obfuscate your
    >> comments.
    >>
    >> Feel free to have your opinions - but I would appreciate it if you would
    >> stop making unsupportable accusations against me in a public forum.

    >
    > Oh, quit crying and get over it, Michael. We all know how you are.


    I asked you to cease spewing accusations you know you will *never* support.
    Your response, above, is to lie and claim my making such a simple request is
    "crying"... and to say I should just "get over" your irrational and
    unsupported insults, as though you have no responsibility in just stopping
    yourself.

    So, again, I will ask you: please stop posting public accusations about me
    you know you will never support.


    --
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    --Albert Einstein


  11. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    6mwdqrttm8vj$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 3:16 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> See how you spew accusations you cannot support. Face it: you are just
    >> lashing out and trolling.

    >
    > Anyone here with half a brain (that counts out Quack, D00F and Flatfarb)
    > knows your game by now.


    My "game" is to ask you, repeatedly, to stop posting public accusations you
    know you cannot and will not support. I am well aware the chances of you
    actually complying with my request is slim - you likely will continue to
    make accusations; my mere pointing out of your actions is seen as offensive
    to you and you will seek revenge. You see yourself as some sort of victim
    here; in your mind I am targeting you and treating you unfairly. You will
    never take responsibility for your actions nor apologize for your behavior.
    You will, of course, blame *me* for this silly "debate", as though my asking
    you to cease making public unsupported accusations is somehow a severe wrong
    I am committing against you.

    I hope you prove me wrong. I seriously doubt you will.


    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not
    beautiful, I know it is wrong. -- R. Buckminster Fuller


  12. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > So, again, I will ask you: please stop posting public accusations about me
    > you know you will never support.


    Or what? You'll call me at work again? LOL
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Bureaucrats cut red tape--lengthwise.

  13. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > My "game" is to ask you, repeatedly, to stop posting public accusations you
    > know you cannot and will not support.


    Your game is to do exactly what you're doing right now. It gets boring after
    a while; find a different trolling angle, please.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....*/ --Tribble with a lightsaber

  14. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:17:34 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Gilbert Erector Set was my fav......

    >
    > And the Radio Shack 3 Zillion in One Electronic Project Kit.


    I just tossed one in the trash can
    The 65 in 1 version.
    In a wooden box no less.

    Sadly, nobody was interested in it.
    I learned a lot from it.

    Times are changing....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  15. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    b6d4rvomd2sj.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 3:24 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> So, again, I will ask you: please stop posting public accusations about me
    >> you know you will never support.

    >
    > Or what? You'll call me at work again? LOL


    I am staying above the "fray" and merely asking you to cease making public
    accusations against me you cannot and will not *ever* support. And now you
    start repeating more of your past dishonest accusations against me. Clearly
    you are hoping to suck me into a silly debate. I am not biting. No debate:
    just a simple request for you to cease posting asinine accusations you
    cannot support. I predict, however, that my mere asking you to stop acting
    in such a reprehensible way will set you off - you will become more and more
    enraged and make more and more insults and accusations.

    Please, do try to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope you do.


    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.




  16. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    vcya8v2y2mvh$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 2:59 PM:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Please post links to these "lies" you refer to.

    >
    > That would be a hell of a lot of links, the majority of them pointing to
    > posts of yours.


    Your dodge is noted.


    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?


  17. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    18e0makbjlg5q$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/22/08 3:25 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> My "game" is to ask you, repeatedly, to stop posting public accusations you
    >> know you cannot and will not support.

    >
    > Your game is to do exactly what you're doing right now. It gets boring after
    > a while; find a different trolling angle, please.


    Notice how you are sinking to your bad habits of snipping... all because I
    am requesting you cease posting accusations even you know you will never try
    to support.

    As I have noted: merely noting your poor behavior is likely to set you
    off... but I hope you prove me wrong (for once) and stop making such a fool
    of yourself. I shall not sink to your level and respond with unsupportable
    accusations... even if you clearly are looking for such a "battle".


    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not
    beautiful, I know it is wrong. -- R. Buckminster Fuller


  18. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> See how you spew accusations you cannot support. Face it: you are just
    >> lashing out and trolling.

    >
    > Anyone here with half a brain (that counts out Quack, D00F and Flatfarb)
    > knows your game by now.


    All we have to do is read the posts and interpret for ourselves.

    --
    A little experience often upsets a lot of theory.

  19. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > I just tossed one in the trash can
    > The 65 in 1 version.
    > In a wooden box no less.
    >
    > Sadly, nobody was interested in it.
    > I learned a lot from it.
    >
    > Times are changing....


    They still make them but did away with the little springs and various
    lengths of wire.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....ADVENTURE: The land between entertainment and panic.

  20. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > I am staying above the "fray"


    LOL
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast