10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux

This is a discussion on 10 reasons why should one use linux - Linux ; Snit wrote: > Friends? What are you talking about? OK - "the guys you side with more often than not." -- Regards, [tv] ....Mason-Dixon Line n. Separates y'all from youse guys...

  1. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Mason-Dixon Line n. Separates y'all from youse guys

  2. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > I know. Also, maybe he can point out these "lies" he refers to. Tattoo
    > Martiboy is a nutcase. He is seriously mentally unstable. And I am glad
    > I don't live on the same side of the pond as him.

    You can't afford to live on my side of the pond, tenement boi.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is
    expanding, what is it expanding into?

  3. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    uwwihn275m5a$.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/21/08 3:19 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Friends? What are you talking about?

    > OK - "the guys you side with more often than not."

    OK, you snipped the context and I am not going to dig - but if I recall
    correctly you named people who are not even folks who post to COLA. And the
    people in COLA who had similar names I do not read most of their posts...
    nor state my views of most of their opinions.

    I think you are looking for some sort of conspiracy where none exists.

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

  4. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > OK, you snipped the context and I am not going to dig - but if I recall
    > correctly you named people who are not even folks who post to COLA. And the
    > people in COLA who had similar names I do not read most of their posts...
    > nor state my views of most of their opinions.
    >
    > I think you are looking for some sort of conspiracy where none exists.

    No, I am saying that based upon my own reading, I have formed the opinion
    that you seem to side with Hadron, DFS and Moshe most of the time.

    I have also formed the opinion that when those three spout lies,
    exaggerations, falsehoods and untruths, you never jump in to condemn them,
    as you do when certain others post what you perceive as lies, exaggerations,
    falsehoods and untruths
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....A penny saved is a Congressional oversight.

  5. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I know. Also, maybe he can point out these "lies" he refers to. Tattoo
    >> Martiboy is a nutcase. He is seriously mentally unstable. And I am glad
    >> I don't live on the same side of the pond as him.

    > You can't afford to live on my side of the pond, tenement boi.

    Pretty funny -- I think of you as a normal dude with a sarcastic,
    mordant sense of humor and a low tolerance for bull****. Hadron, if he
    is to be believed (a doubtful proposition, I admit) is afraid of you.

    --
    When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
    you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*".

  6. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    1fcvtzxrtch3.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/21/08 4:49 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> OK, you snipped the context and I am not going to dig - but if I recall
    >> correctly you named people who are not even folks who post to COLA. And the
    >> people in COLA who had similar names I do not read most of their posts...
    >> nor state my views of most of their opinions.
    >>
    >> I think you are looking for some sort of conspiracy where none exists.

    > No, I am saying that based upon my own reading, I have formed the opinion
    > that you seem to side with Hadron, DFS and Moshe most of the time.

    Can you provide an example of each... preferably on some at least issue that
    is not so amazingly obviously correct that it is claimed I generally agree
    with someone merely because they and I agree 2+2=4.

    I can think of a few times Hadron and I have been in agreement *along* with
    darn near every computer expert who has commented on what we have "sided"
    on. Hardly the type thing to make an assertion of some sort of group-think,
    which I believe is your implication (though, again, you snipped context and
    I simply do not care enough to dig back in the thread).

    > I have also formed the opinion that when those three spout lies,
    > exaggerations, falsehoods and untruths, you never jump in to condemn them,
    > as you do when certain others post what you perceive as lies, exaggerations,
    > falsehoods and untruths

    I do tend to note the obvious lies of, say, Peter Köhlmann because he is
    continually lying about me. Sure, when someone is repeatedly and obviously
    lying about me, my family, my professional life *and* they are spewing
    obnoxious lies about other things into a public forum I call those people
    out more than I do those that just say things I disagree with but are not
    lying about me.

    --
    "In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
    what's left." - Skip Hansen

  7. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit writes:

    > "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    > 1fcvtzxrtch3.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/21/08 4:49 PM:
    >
    >> Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> OK, you snipped the context and I am not going to dig - but if I recall
    >>> correctly you named people who are not even folks who post to COLA. And the
    >>> people in COLA who had similar names I do not read most of their posts...
    >>> nor state my views of most of their opinions.
    >>>
    >>> I think you are looking for some sort of conspiracy where none exists.

    >> No, I am saying that based upon my own reading, I have formed the opinion
    >> that you seem to side with Hadron, DFS and Moshe most of the time.

    > Can you provide an example of each... preferably on some at least issue that
    > is not so amazingly obviously correct that it is claimed I generally agree
    > with someone merely because they and I agree 2+2=4.
    >
    > I can think of a few times Hadron and I have been in agreement *along* with
    > darn near every computer expert who has commented on what we have "sided"
    > on. Hardly the type thing to make an assertion of some sort of group-think,
    > which I believe is your implication (though, again, you snipped context and
    > I simply do not care enough to dig back in the thread).
    >
    >> I have also formed the opinion that when those three spout lies,
    >> exaggerations, falsehoods and untruths, you never jump in to condemn them,
    >> as you do when certain others post what you perceive as lies, exaggerations,
    >> falsehoods and untruths

    > I do tend to note the obvious lies of, say, Peter Köhlmann because he is
    > continually lying about me. Sure, when someone is repeatedly and obviously
    > lying about me, my family, my professional life *and* they are spewing
    > obnoxious lies about other things into a public forum I call those people
    > out more than I do those that just say things I disagree with but are not
    > lying about me.

    Ask the rug sporting little street fighter which lies he is talking
    about. I too would be interested.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  8. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:
    > William Poaster writes:
    >
    >> As I said, the a.o.l.u. newsgroup is *not* archived in
    >> googlegroups.

    > [...] High Plains Hypocrite and Liarmutt [....]
    >
    > [....] Willy "santa suit" Poaster [....] telling lies and
    > ignoring links?
    >
    > [....] two other useless people in particular (CBFalconer and
    > Harold "old school" Stevens (probably both Willy nyms) [....]
    > from the Ubuntu fan boy zone.
    >
    > Thank god for the level heads in Debian.

    Minus one Hadron of course.

    > Compare and contrast the news groups.

    Compare and contrast Hadron, who still is unable to post without
    disrespecting posting forum personae.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    Name: Hadron Quark (aka: Hadron, Damian O'Leary, Hans Schneider)

    Traits:

    * Homophobe (another closet gay wintroll?)
    * Often changes previous posters text in followups (see below)
    * Microsoft apologist
    * Habitual liar
    * Sets Organization header pretending to work at CERN, IBM, etc
    * Doesn't understand the value of telnet client as a simple
    network debugging tool. Thinks using telnet always means sending
    a username and password in clear text. Truly ignorant of TCP/IP.
    * Troll puppet
    * Gets upset when anyone includes their qualification in
    their .sig. This along with his pretence of working at CERN and
    IBM implies, IMHO, an inferiority complex. Probably a drop out
    who bears a grudge towards those who have achieved what Hadron
    couldn't.
    * Exhibits serious reading comprehension difficulties
    * Quark is too stupid to understand when the point above is
    explained to him over and over again
    * In case you missed it, he is just stupid. No cure. So sad

    Quotes:

    The following example is a case of where the filthy troll changes
    the quoted text it's replying to:

    Original text: [Sat, 2 Aug 2008 00:31:24 +0100]

    [http://groups.google.com/group/comp....d1d5b37f28b1d]
    So, according to you, I'm a roy lapdog who follows him around
    like a slave...
    Agreeing with everything he ever says..

    Hadron's quote: [Sat, 02 Aug 2008 18:17:28 +0200]

    [http://groups.google.com/group/comp....146a5b11650f6]
    > I'm a roy lapdog who follows him around like a slave...
    > Agreeing with everything he ever says..

    More quotes:

    Was there a more H[y]pocritical and dishonest, snivelling swine
    as this Homo? I can not think of one.
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:44:02 +0100

    Surely you are not comparing the non-existent Linux (at that
    time) with 98?
    comp.os.linux.advocacy - Thu, 16 Aug 2007

    "Anything said in COLA is a crock of ****."
    Hadron Quark, Tuesday 03 Jul 2007 - alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    LOL Indeed. Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it. One
    has to when dealing with loonies like Willy Boaster and his
    amazing killfiles.
    comp.os.linux.advocacy
    --
    HPT

  9. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> William Poaster writes:
    >>
    >>> As I said, the a.o.l.u. newsgroup is *not* archived in
    >>> googlegroups.

    >> [...] High Plains Hypocrite and Liarmutt [....]
    >>
    >> [....] Willy "santa suit" Poaster [....] telling lies and ignoring
    >> links?
    >>
    >> [....] two other useless people in particular (CBFalconer and Harold
    >> "old school" Stevens (probably both Willy nyms) [....] from the
    >> Ubuntu fan boy zone.
    >>
    >> Thank god for the level heads in Debian.

    > Minus one Hadron of course.

    Well, no actually.

    But you knew that.

  10. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    You do seem a little lapdog-ish. You and Terry Porter are on the ground
    and William the-fly-by-Rooster Poaster is air support -- Linux Pimps.

  11. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > No, I am saying that based upon my own reading, I have formed the
    > opinion that you seem to side with Hadron, DFS and Moshe most of the
    > time.
    >
    > I have also formed the opinion that when those three spout lies,
    > exaggerations, falsehoods and untruths,

    Show me when I posted a single lie, falsehood, or untruth, you POS luser
    (and that's no exaggeration).

  12. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    DFS wrote:
    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> No, I am saying that based upon my own reading, I have formed the
    >> opinion that you seem to side with Hadron, DFS and Moshe most of the
    >> time.
    >>
    >> I have also formed the opinion that when those three spout lies,
    >> exaggerations, falsehoods and untruths,

    > Show me when I posted a single lie, falsehood, or untruth, you POS luser
    > (and that's no exaggeration).

    Someone needs to de-fang the vampire.

  13. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Both Poaster and HPT are useless.
    > And boring as well.

    And you keep on reading them, and following up to them, and reading them,
    and following up to them...
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Reality-ometer: [\........] Hmmph! Thought so...

  14. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Pretty funny -- I think of you as a normal dude with a sarcastic,
    > mordant sense of humor and a low tolerance for bull****. Hadron, if he
    > is to be believed (a doubtful proposition, I admit) is afraid of you.

    Nah, he's just trolling. I think I'm supposed to be offended because he
    believes me to be unbalanced.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to
    suspect Hungry.

  15. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > Can you provide an example

    To quote you, "I simply do not care enough to dig back." :-P
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to
    suspect Hungry.

  16. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > Ask the rug sporting little street fighter which lies he is talking
    > about. I too would be interested.

    Ah, the short, needledick bald person known as Quack shows his jealousy yet
    again.

    Hadron, I'm really sorry that someone peed in your gene pool, but you don't
    have to take it out on me.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....My wife made me join a bridge club...I jump next week.

  17. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > It IS because of him and two other useless people in particular
    > (CBFalconer and Harold "old school" Stevens (probably both Willy nyms)
    > that I started to drift from the Ubuntu fan boy zone.

    "I got my ass kicked up around my shoulders in AOLU, so in a lame attempt to
    hide the ass-kicking I received and deserved, I puffed out my hollow chest,
    chortled 'victory' and acted like I walked away from the group."
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....A paid up computer is, by definition, obsolete.

  18. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    "Tattoo Vampire" stated in post
    6s04g72rza3w.dlg@this.domain.or.that on 10/21/08 7:51 PM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Can you provide an example

    > To quote you, "I simply do not care enough to dig back." :-P

    Ok, then it is down to you having vague feelings... no harm done.

    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not

  19. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    Snit wrote:

    > Ok, then it is down to you having vague feelings... no harm done.

    It's down to me having an opinion... no harm done.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Be reasonable......do it my way.

  20. Re: 10 reasons why should one use linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> Pretty funny -- I think of you as a normal dude with a sarcastic,
    >> mordant sense of humor and a low tolerance for bull****. Hadron, if he
    >> is to be believed (a doubtful proposition, I admit) is afraid of you.

    > Nah, he's just trolling. I think I'm supposed to be offended because he
    > believes me to be unbalanced.

    Yeah, he was trying to get a rise out you ... er let me rephrase that.
    He was trolling for you ... hmmmm.

    That reminds me, TV, what was your favorite toy as a kid, your Lincoln
    Logs or your Erector Set?

    --
    > I'm an idiot.. At least this [bug] took about 5 minutes to find..

    Disquieting ...
    -- Gonzalo Tornaria in response to Linus Torvalds's