[News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software - Linux

  1. [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    IT: University starts Open Source master course

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The University of Perugia is offering a master course on Open
    | Source. "Software developers and IT policy makers need to understand the
    | importance and potential of this type of software and how to combine it with
    | proprietary IT systems."
    |
    | The 'Master di I° Livello in Sistemi e Tecnologie Free Libre Open Source per
    | la SocietĂ* dell'Informazione e della Comunicazione' (First level master in
    | Open Source systems and technology for the Information Society) was presented
    | during a seminar on Open Source in the city of Orvieto, on 13 September.
    `----

    http://www.osor.eu/news/it-universit...-master-course

    Recent:

    KU Launches Linux Online Noncredit Certificate Program

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | University of Kansas Continuing Education is launching an online noncredit
    | certificate program for the popular Linux server platform.
    `----

    http://www.infozine.com/news/stories...iew/sid/27191/

    UC Irvine Extension Hosts Online Course on Linux Software Programming

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | “Linux Driver Primer” will explain how to develop and write code for Linux
    | device drivers. Additionally, participants will gain knowledge of how to
    | build and grow Linux device frameworks from scratch. This course offers
    | foundational information about software programming and is a critical part of
    | the new Device Software Engineering Program. Â* Â*
    `----

    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...84&newsLang=en

    Related:

    Universities Worldwide Offer Free Open Courseware

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | More than 100 universities worldwide - including Johns Hopkins, Tufts and
    | Notre Dame - have joined the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in a
    | consortium of schools promoting open courseware. Â*
    `----

    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009575178

    Setting Learning Free

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | That refocus led MIT to a radical new proposition. In the words
    | of Anne Margulies, now executive director of MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW),
    | "They decided that the best way the Internet could be used to
    | fulfill that mission would be to give the materials away."
    `----

  2. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Hadron wrote:
    > Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    > competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".

    You have no idea how freedom works.

  3. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    > Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux
    > Advocate".

    Whas OSS got to do with Linux?

    > You have no idea how freedom works.

    You have no idea about how anything works - least of all a business and
    the costs involved in SW development.

    --
    "Off the top of my head, I can't tell you which sites. They are ones that
    throw up some kind of dialog, I change the user agent and look at them

  4. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >>> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    >> Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux
    >> Advocate".

    > Whas OSS got to do with Linux?
    >
    >> You have no idea how freedom works.

    > You have no idea about how anything works - least of all a business and
    > the costs involved in SW development.

    You are a truly cretinous idiot. If someone wants to give their work
    away for free, or fund another project thats up to them.

    And you need to hone your [lack of] business acumen. Look up risk
    analysis some time.

  5. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux
    >>> Advocate".

    >> Whas OSS got to do with Linux?
    >>
    >>> You have no idea how freedom works.

    >> You have no idea about how anything works - least of all a business and
    >> the costs involved in SW development.
    >>

    > You are a truly cretinous idiot. If someone wants to give their work
    > away for free, or fund another project thats up to them.

    I agree. Where do you think I do not agree? I am a great supporter of
    OSS. I am just not blind to the downsides. OSS does not mean "free" or
    "without cost" cost know.

    > And you need to hone your [lack of] business acumen. Look up risk
    > analysis some time.

    WTF are you waffling on about now?!?!?!?

    I was talking of the COSTS involved in porting old SW. And WHY most
    businesses CHOOSE not to make their code public (although why you think
    that needs explaining is anyones guess).

    Once more you prove you are totally unable to hold a thread and just
    revert to your cretinous bible bashing.

    --
    - "Just think, consumers are not sold on XP, and Microsoft shelled out
    some major $$$ to develop this thing. This is a great opportunity for

  6. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:29:33 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    > Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".
    >
    > You have no idea how freedom works.

    Quack got upset when he saw "University" in the subject line.
    Quack doesn't like freedom either, doesn't like choice...wtf *does* the
    troll like? Oh, of course, M$ Windoze.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  7. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> Whas OSS got to do with Linux?

    >>> You have no idea about how anything works - least of all a business and
    >>> the costs involved in SW development.
    >>>

    >> You are a truly cretinous idiot. If someone wants to give their work
    >> away for free, or fund another project thats up to them.

    > I agree. Where do you think I do not agree? I am a great supporter of
    > OSS. I am just not blind to the downsides. OSS does not mean "free" or
    > "without cost" cost know.
    >
    >> And you need to hone your [lack of] business acumen. Look up risk
    >> analysis some time.

    > WTF are you waffling on about now?!?!?!?
    >
    > I was talking of the COSTS involved in porting old SW. And WHY most
    > businesses CHOOSE not to make their code public (although why you think
    > that needs explaining is anyones guess).

    And some do. I refer you to your statement a few posts ago which makes
    your opinion on this CHOICE quite clear:

  8. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> You are a truly cretinous idiot. If someone wants to give their work
    >>> away for free, or fund another project thats up to them.

    >> I agree. Where do you think I do not agree? I am a great supporter of
    >> OSS. I am just not blind to the downsides. OSS does not mean "free" or
    >> "without cost" cost know.
    >>
    >>> And you need to hone your [lack of] business acumen. Look up risk
    >>> analysis some time.

    >> WTF are you waffling on about now?!?!?!?
    >>
    >> I was talking of the COSTS involved in porting old SW. And WHY most
    >> businesses CHOOSE not to make their code public (although why you think
    >> that needs explaining is anyones guess).

    > And some do. I refer you to your statement a few posts ago which makes
    > your opinion on this CHOICE quite clear:

    Which comments? Please do not run away now.

  9. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    William Poaster wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:29:33 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >>> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    >> Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".
    >>
    >> You have no idea how freedom works.

    > Quack got upset when he saw "University" in the subject line.
    > Quack doesn't like freedom either, doesn't like choice...wtf *does* the
    > troll like? Oh, of course, M$ Windoze.

    True ****wit. He keeps banging on about the cost of development of
    products like he's some kind of business expert. Business 101 tells us
    that not all projects succeed and the risks need to be analyzed
    carefully in order to succeed. But no, let's let all the big
    corporations monopolize the industry so they can keep ramming their
    shovelware down the market's throat. Let's set economic policy to suit
    one little section of the market. Genius.

  10. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Hadron wrote:
    >> And some do. I refer you to your statement a few posts ago which makes
    >> your opinion on this CHOICE quite clear:

    > Which comments? Please do not run away now.

    The one you snipped from the reply.

  11. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    >Hadrone quacked:
    >>
    >> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    >Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".

    Yep. That's sig-worthy.

    >You have no idea how freedom works.

    I think he does, which is why he hates it so. It interferes with his
    beloved Microshaft Corp and their desire to dominate, control, and
    tax.

  12. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:29:33 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    >>> competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked.

    >> Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".
    >>
    >> You have no idea how freedom works.

    > Quack got upset when he saw "University" in the subject line.
    > Quack doesn't like freedom either, doesn't like choice...wtf *does* the
    > troll like? Oh, of course, M$ Windoze.

    I don't Hadron likes much of anything, including himself. He does tend
    to cleave to Moshe and DFS a bit, though.

    --
    It is a well known fact that warriors and wizards do not get along, because
    one side considers the other side to be a collection of bloodthirsty idiots

  13. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > William Poaster wrote:

    >>> Here we go folks. Another stinker from our resident "True Linux Advocate".
    >>>
    >>> You have no idea how freedom works.

    >> Quack got upset when he saw "University" in the subject line.
    >> Quack doesn't like freedom either, doesn't like choice...wtf *does* the
    >> troll like? Oh, of course, M$ Windoze.

    > True ****wit. He keeps banging on about the cost of development of
    > products like he's some kind of business expert. Business 101 tells us
    > that not all projects succeed and the risks need to be analyzed
    > carefully in order to succeed. But no, let's let all the big

    Where would I disagree with that? of course one needs to analyse. But
    having been a SW developer for many years I know the costs involved. And
    if they are honest then Koehlmann and Liarnut will confirm.

    > corporations monopolize the industry so they can keep ramming their
    > shovelware down the market's throat. Let's set economic policy to suit
    > one little section of the market. Genius.

    What are you talking about? I am not decided if you are simply low IQ or
    simply insane.

    Who is talking about setting policy? WTF are you talking about?!?!?!?!?

    --
    "I hate Linux and Linux advocacy I hate Linux and Linux
    advocacy I hate Linux and Linux advocacy "

  14. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> And some do. I refer you to your statement a few posts ago which makes
    >>> your opinion on this CHOICE quite clear:

    >> Which comments? Please do not run away now.

    > The one you snipped from the reply.

    Seriously, which one? Please quote me being "anti choice" with regard to
    the subject in hand. You really need to get your meds adjusted. It seems
    you are totally unable to follow a thread.

    --
    "I hate Linux and Linux advocacy I hate Linux and Linux
    advocacy I hate Linux and Linux advocacy "
    -- High Plains Thumper in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  15. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Quack snotted:
    >>
    >> I was talking of the COSTS involved in porting old SW. And WHY most
    >> businesses CHOOSE not to make their code public (although why you think
    >> that needs explaining is anyones guess).

    >And some do. I refer you to your statement a few posts ago which makes
    >your opinion on this CHOICE quite clear:

    Well, according to "true Linux advocate" Hadron Quack, choice is "for
    the brain dead". Apparently, the more intellignet of us do nothing
    that we have not been told to do, or have permission to do, by some
    higher authority. Some "committee" will tell people and companies
    that to do with their time, what they can do with their code, etc.

    --
    '"Choice"?. You can keep it.' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark

  16. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    Hadron wrote:

    >>> Which comments? Please do not run away now.

    >> The one you snipped from the reply.

    > Seriously, which one? Please quote me being "anti choice" with regard to
    > the subject in hand. You really need to get your meds adjusted. It seems
    > you are totally unable to follow a thread.

    Lame.

    "Sure. Pay lots of programmers to port it and then give it to the
    competition! No wonder your little nanobot business tanked."

  17. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    7 wrote:

    > I am a SW/HW developer

    Windows-based I'm sure.

    > and I know the costs are a lot lower with open source.

    Last I heard you were asking your investors^^^^^^^^^marks to pony up
    $1,000,000 for a license to use your bogus proprietary technology. So what
    are you doing here on cola promoting open source, and talking about lower
    costs?

  18. Re: [News] Italian University Offers Course on Free Software

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:20:18 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> I am a SW/HW developer

    > Windows-based I'm sure.
    >

    >> and I know the costs are a lot lower with open source.

    > Last I heard you were asking your investors^^^^^^^^^marks to pony up
    > $1,000,000 for a license to use your bogus proprietary technology. So what
    > are you doing here on cola promoting open source, and talking about lower
    > costs?

    7 is a scam.
    A ponzi scheme for sure.

    Next he will be turning lead into gold like on the old Superman TV series.

    I wouldn't invest 25 cents in his *business*.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread