Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux ; The chimp Hadron flung this bit of excrement: > Peter Köhlmann writes: > >> Hadron wrote: >>> >>> Did you see me gloating over your grandose BIOS claims. >> >> What was "grandiose" about them? I have the sources to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

  1. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    The chimp Hadron flung this bit of excrement:

    > Peter Köhlmann writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Did you see me gloating over your grandose BIOS claims.

    >> What was "grandiose" about them? I have the sources to prove them, and
    >> you

    > Nothing. Same as when I mention I read some OSS.
    >

    > Nice self nuke.

    Nice snip from Hadron. Restored:

    What was "grandiose" about them? I have the sources to prove them,
    and you can still read the entries in Jim Browns Interrupt List There
    is nothing "grandiose". It is a simple fact, and you again can't deal
    with it. After all, *again* something you could not pull off, but
    someone else did.

    Dishonesty /and/ incomprehensibility. What a guy.

    --
    Eloquence is logic on fire.

  2. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Chris Ahlstrom belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > From Peter:
    >
    > What was "grandiose" about them? I have the sources to prove them,
    > and you can still read the entries in Jim Browns Interrupt List There
    > is nothing "grandiose". It is a simple fact, and you again can't deal
    > with it. After all, *again* something you could not pull off, but
    > someone else did.

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html

    It's actually Ralf Brown and Jim Kyle.

    Where do you appear, Peter, there's a lot of files, including zips
    within zips.

    --
    "Consider a spherical bear, in simple harmonic motion..."
    -- Professor in the UCB physics department

  3. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Chris Ahlstrom belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> From Peter:
    >>
    >> What was "grandiose" about them? I have the sources to prove them,
    >> and you can still read the entries in Jim Browns Interrupt List There
    >> is nothing "grandiose". It is a simple fact, and you again can't deal
    >> with it. After all, *again* something you could not pull off, but
    >> someone else did.

    > http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html
    >
    > It's actually Ralf Brown and Jim Kyle.

    I continue to make that same error over and over again

    > Where do you appear, Peter, there's a lot of files, including zips
    > within zips.

    http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~zbro...interrupt.html

    That is the complete List in textform, do a search for my name.
    It appears 2 times in it, because I made additions to teh BIOS-Interrupts
    which appeared important enough to them to include them in that list

    The V20-Bios was quite extensivly in use in germany, and also in other
    european countries.
    --
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

  4. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    48f7343c$0$16784$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 10/16/08 5:31 AM:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Ahlstrom writes:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Hadron, the Elmer Fudd of device dwivers.

    >> And yet I have corrected you on pretty much every subject you posted a
    >> technical note about.

    > Eh, no.
    > You again use the "Snot Glasser technique" of claiming to have "someone
    > educated". Even if that someone was the one who explained the stuff to you
    > in the first place

    Hey, I am the one who taught you that a the IP address of a web server a
    person uses is not generally the same as the persons IP address... nor is
    the IP address of the mail server the person uses!

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  5. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html
    >>
    >> It's actually Ralf Brown and Jim Kyle.

    > I continue to make that same error over and over again
    >
    >> Where do you appear, Peter, there's a lot of files, including zips
    >> within zips.

    > http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~zbro...interrupt.html
    >
    > That is the complete List in textform, do a search for my name.
    > It appears 2 times in it, because I made additions to teh BIOS-Interrupts
    > which appeared important enough to them to include them in that list
    >
    > The V20-Bios was quite extensivly in use in germany, and also in other
    > european countries.

    Cool! (Now do I get my "doggie drop"? pant pant )

    --
    In a museum in Havana, there are two skulls of Christopher Columbus,
    "one when he was a boy and one when he was a man."

  6. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Peter Köhlmann belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html
    >>>
    >>> It's actually Ralf Brown and Jim Kyle.

    >> I continue to make that same error over and over again
    >>
    >>> Where do you appear, Peter, there's a lot of files, including zips
    >>> within zips.

    >> http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~zbro...interrupt.html
    >>
    >> That is the complete List in textform, do a search for my name.
    >> It appears 2 times in it, because I made additions to teh BIOS-Interrupts
    >> which appeared important enough to them to include them in that list
    >>
    >> The V20-Bios was quite extensivly in use in germany, and also in other
    >> european countries.

    > Cool! (Now do I get my "doggie drop"? pant pant )

    Only after you pretend to read it and throw in a few "Hmmmm's" etc.

    But you're more likely to get a kick up the arse from Peter. He's more a
    Rottweiler lover and not one to pet lap dogs.

    --
    BOY is Microsoft doomed! LOL!

  7. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > Hadron, the Elmer Fudd of device dwivers.

    LOL!!!
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Strip mining prevents forest fires.

  8. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    > I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected

    Can someone reboot Quack, please? He's stuck in an infinite loop.

    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Strip mining prevents forest fires.

  9. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected

    > Can someone reboot Quack, please? He's stuck in an infinite loop.

    Poor Hadron. Poor poor deluded babbling Hadron.

    He got no friends, and all the others they hate him.

    --
    This sentence contradicts itself -- no actually it doesn't.
    -- Douglas Hofstadter

  10. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected

    > Can someone reboot Quack, please? He's stuck in an infinite loop.

    Quack does understand, of course, that he's shown to be a jackass on
    almost a daily basis... Most odd that he'd lay-claim to being "the
    corrector"...

  11. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:40:14 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected I have corrected

    >> Can someone reboot Quack, please? He's stuck in an infinite loop.

    > Quack does understand, of course, that he's shown to be a jackass on
    > almost a daily basis... Most odd that he'd lay-claim to being "the
    > corrector"...

    "Quack the Corrector" LMFAO!

    Uh, tell me the troll wasn't serious?

    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  12. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:40:14 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    >>> Can someone reboot Quack, please? He's stuck in an infinite loop.

    >> Quack does understand, of course, that he's shown to be a jackass on
    >> almost a daily basis... Most odd that he'd lay-claim to being "the
    >> corrector"...

    > "Quack the Corrector" LMFAO!
    >
    > Uh, tell me the troll wasn't serious?

    Queeg emits stupidities in order to get attention, in my opinion.

    --
    Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming:
    Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.

  13. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:10:16 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Quack does understand, of course, that he's shown to be a jackass on
    >>> almost a daily basis... Most odd that he'd lay-claim to being "the
    >>> corrector"...

    >> "Quack the Corrector" LMFAO!
    >>
    >> Uh, tell me the troll wasn't serious?

    > Queeg emits stupidities in order to get attention, in my opinion.

    "That M$ fanboi, ah say that M$ fanboi is *strange*"

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  14. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 02:40:03 -0700, Kleuskes & Moos wrote:

    > On 16 okt, 03:45, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:

    >> And don't kid yourself the Linux users in COLA are having problems,they
    >> mostly choose to not admit it because it's like harming the mother ship
    >> or something.

    > Yup... It's all a great conspiracy of silence. From IBM, from Sun, from
    > Google, from Dell... They're all having problems and keep it to
    > themselves.

    LOL, well said!

    > My problem is i haven't had a single virus, since i started using linux,
    > do not suffer any "undocumented features" a.k.a. bugs and my favorite OS
    > only crashes if i've got errors in my homegrown drivers.
    >
    > Damn...

    Yes, I've the same problem:-

    root@wifi:~# uprecords
    Uptime | System Boot up
    1 116 days, 23:07:38 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Fri Feb 15 16:07:38
    2008
    2 90 days, 03:18:33 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sat Mar 10 19:22:19
    2007
    3 69 days, 05:50:15 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sat Dec 8 10:13:18
    2007
    -> 4 50 days, 04:20:05 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sun Aug 31 17:04:37
    2008
    5 45 days, 11:54:10 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Fri Dec 15 21:26:00
    2006
    6 34 days, 23:15:27 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sun Oct 28 00:37:11
    2007
    7 29 days, 11:33:31 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sun Jul 20 08:26:49
    2008
    8 27 days, 09:40:49 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Wed Jun 11 14:26:58
    2008
    9 22 days, 23:07:01 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sun Jun 10 11:29:44
    2007
    10 20 days, 16:22:15 | Linux 2.4.33.3 Sun Jul 29 21:19:53
    2007

    Thats my server/gateway, running Slackware on a second hand HP-Netserver
    bought from Ebay for $120 and which has been running 24/7 for years now.

    Tasks: 107 total, 1 running, 101 sleeping, 0 stopped, 5 zombie
    Cpu0 : 2.1% user, 0.4% system, 0.0% nice, 97.5% idle
    Cpu1 : 2.1% user, 0.4% system, 0.0% nice, 97.5% idle
    Mem: 1032996k total, 867516k used, 165480k free, 248304k buffers
    Swap: 2000084k total, 2240k used, 1997844k free, 424928k cached

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2