Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The oh so stable Linux - Linux ; After takin' a swig o' grog, Kleuskes & Moos belched out this bit o' wisdom: > On 15 okt, 18:16, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote: >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:58:00 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >> > Sounds like you could ...

  1. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Kleuskes & Moos belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On 15 okt, 18:16, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:58:00 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >> > Sounds like you could commiserate with this guy:

    >> > * *http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail...03-December/01...

    >> Obviously you are a keyboard technician and have no idea how enterprise
    >> level clients react to situations like *this.
    >>
    >> The usual phrase is something along the lines of "get that Linux piece of
    >> **** out of here" followed by "no wonder it's free" and concluded with "you
    >> get what you pay for, in this case nothing".

    > I think it's much more likely they''ll react by firing that moron of a
    > "consultant".

    1. Tell Moshe he's been plonked for quite awhile due to his lapses into
    inanity.

    2. Linux has a pretty good reputation in our group.

    3. How many times have enterprise mucky-mucks heard about this "Linux
    stuff" and asked "Why aren't we using it?!", only to be told, "We are."

    --
    When managers hold endless meetings, the programmers write games.
    When accountants talk of quarterly profits, the development budget is about

  2. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:14:09 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Kleuskes & Moos belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> Obviously you are a keyboard technician and have no idea how enterprise
    >>> level clients react to situations like *this.
    >>>
    >>> The usual phrase is something along the lines of "get that Linux piece of
    >>> **** out of here" followed by "no wonder it's free" and concluded with "you
    >>> get what you pay for, in this case nothing".

    >> I think it's much more likely they''ll react by firing that moron of a
    >> "consultant".

    > 1. Tell Moshe he's been plonked for quite awhile due to his lapses into
    > inanity.

    No actually it was due to my making a fool of you in several threads.
    The firewall thread for one.
    The GPS thread for another.
    The Nvidia thread for another.
    The Linux backup thread for yet another.

    You just don't like to be wrong all the time so you run away and hide
    behind your kill files.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:14:09 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Kleuskes & Moos belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> I think it's much more likely they''ll react by firing that moron of a
    >>> "consultant".

    >> 1. Tell Moshe he's been plonked for quite awhile due to his lapses into
    >> inanity.

    > No actually it was due to my making a fool of you in several threads.
    > The firewall thread for one.
    > The GPS thread for another.
    > The Nvidia thread for another.
    > The Linux backup thread for yet another.
    >
    > You just don't like to be wrong all the time so you run away and hide
    > behind your kill files.

    Yup. I corrected him a few times in the Debian group too. He was
    suggesting that a nOOb edited "iptables" ... I pointed out that
    Firestarter was a far better idea. Another example of Liarmutt googling
    up things he knows nothing about. Also how to remove init objects at
    system boot. Also how best to install NVidia. It was getting to become a
    bit embarrassing all round. So he ran away with his panties bunched once
    more.

    http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...ysterical.html

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...onut-liar.html

    --
    "XP can't be selling well, or we'd have the wintrolls crowing about it all
    over the advocacy newsgroups."

  4. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 03:00:08 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:14:09 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Kleuskes & Moos belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> 1. Tell Moshe he's been plonked for quite awhile due to his lapses into
    >>> inanity.

    >> No actually it was due to my making a fool of you in several threads.
    >> The firewall thread for one.
    >> The GPS thread for another.
    >> The Nvidia thread for another.
    >> The Linux backup thread for yet another.
    >>
    >> You just don't like to be wrong all the time so you run away and hide
    >> behind your kill files.

    > Yup. I corrected him a few times in the Debian group too. He was
    > suggesting that a nOOb edited "iptables" ... I pointed out that
    > Firestarter was a far better idea. Another example of Liarmutt googling
    > up things he knows nothing about. Also how to remove init objects at
    > system boot. Also how best to install NVidia. It was getting to become a
    > bit embarrassing all round. So he ran away with his panties bunched once
    > more.
    >
    > http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...ysterical.html
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...onut-liar.html

    Yea.
    Kudos to you and DFS and some of the others who
    jumped in an corrected LiarMutt's errors.

    When you get involved in a debate with LiarMutt, the goal posts don't just
    move, they grow wheels and drive themselves away.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    Hadron wrote:

    > So he ran away with his panties bunched once more.

    No, that was you fleeing the Ubuntu group, you sissy.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....And Homer saith unto them, "D'OH!" -- Bart 17:3

  6. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Hadron belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    >>> 1. Tell Moshe he's been plonked for quite awhile due to his lapses into
    >>> inanity.

    >> No actually it was due to my making a fool of you in several threads.
    >> The firewall thread for one.
    >> The GPS thread for another.
    >> The Nvidia thread for another.
    >> The Linux backup thread for yet another.
    >>
    >> You just don't like to be wrong all the time so you run away and hide
    >> behind your kill files.

    Wrong Moshe. The fact is, it is /you/ who doesn't listen to reason.
    After a certain point, why waste more time on you?

    I will say, though, that you generally provide a better argument than
    Hadron. Your main problem is you will harp on meaningless minutae,
    magnifying into "Linux killer" problems.

    > Yup. I corrected him a few times in the Debian group too. He was
    > suggesting that a nOOb edited "iptables" ... I pointed out that
    > Firestarter was a far better idea. Another example of Liarmutt googling
    > up things he knows nothing about.

    Wrong again, Hadron. I actually /write/ firewall scripts.

    And what do you think Firestarter /does/? Modifies an iptables script.

    > Also how to remove init objects at system boot.

    I actually have done that, too. Not removing them, but adding them.

    > Also how best to install NVidia.

    I do that to, and I far and away prefer my way of doing it to the Debian
    way, given that I also install the latest kernel manually.

    > It was getting to become a bit embarrassing all round. So he ran away
    > with his panties bunched once more.

    Yeah, right, Hadron. You mostly make me laugh these days.

    The fact of the matter is that you have shown precious little of
    substance in your posts.

    Stick with your forte -- insult.

    And you don't even do that very well.

    The problem for you is that, although I don't know everything (a fact
    I am more than /happy/ to admit, cheerfully), I do know a lot about
    GNU/Linux. Like many here, I've done plenty of trouble-shooting with
    GNU/Linux issues.

    You? You can't even get tuxguitar to work. Yet you insist I don't know
    anything, and just "google it up". I think you are greatly jealous of
    me, Hadron. You have this built-up image in your silly little head
    of me as some kind of Řbergeek, and you just can't wait to tear me down.

    Believe, I do not welcome the attention. I think it is somewhat sick,
    and indicates a perverse world view and an inability to relate to people.
    But you should face reality -- I've been at this Linux thing a bit
    longer than you, and I know more than you about it at this time, even if
    you are more fit to give advice to noobs about Linux issues, or know
    something more about specific areas.

    > http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...ysterical.html

    What's funny about that link is that it is embarrassing not to Linux
    advocates, but to the "Vista heads" who caper and gibber there.

    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/2007...onut-liar.html

    More evidence of Hadron true perception of the nature of Linux advocacy.

    Thanks, Hadron. You reveal yourself far better than I could do, "Mr.
    Linux Advocate".

    --
    And then there was the lawyer that stepped in cow manure and thought
    he was melting...

  7. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> So he ran away with his panties bunched once more.

    > No, that was you fleeing the Ubuntu group, you sissy.

    Oddly enough, Hadron seems to have inflated me in his own delusional
    mind as some self-appointed Linux guru. So he feels he has to tear me
    down. Unfortunately, what Hadron doesn't seem to get is that people can
    read and judge posts for themselves. He thinks his words and insults
    will carry the day.

    --
    Q: How many hardware engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. We'll fix it in software.

  8. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:54:19 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> So he ran away with his panties bunched once more.

    >> No, that was you fleeing the Ubuntu group, you sissy.

    > Oddly enough, Hadron seems to have inflated me in his own delusional
    > mind as some self-appointed Linux guru.

    Well Quack believes that *he's* the Linux guru, "The Linux Saviour"!
    'cept (of course) he isn't, just another wintroll with delusions of
    grandeur.

    > So he feels he has to tear me down. Unfortunately, what Hadron doesn't
    > seem to get is that people can read and judge posts for themselves. He
    > thinks his words and insults will carry the day.

    Except they won't, as many people have observed about Quack (in aolu):
    He's arrogant, a major asshole, has a ****ty attitude, bitches, whines &
    moans about Linux applications, & has zero credibility, does little else
    but troll.

    He must be proud of that record.

    --
    Did you know?
    Hardon Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.

  9. Re: The oh so stable Linux

    After takin' a swig o' grog, William Poaster belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 07:54:19 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>
    >> Oddly enough, Hadron seems to have inflated me in his own delusional
    >> mind as some self-appointed Linux guru.

    > Well Quack believes that *he's* the Linux guru, "The Linux Saviour"!
    > 'cept (of course) he isn't, just another wintroll with delusions of
    > grandeur.

    Grandeur? Hadron has delusions of /adequacy/.

    >> So he feels he has to tear me down. Unfortunately, what Hadron doesn't
    >> seem to get is that people can read and judge posts for themselves. He
    >> thinks his words and insults will carry the day.

    > Except they won't, as many people have observed about Quack (in aolu):
    > He's arrogant, a major asshole, has a ****ty attitude, bitches, whines &
    > moans about Linux applications, & has zero credibility, does little else
    > but troll.
    >
    > He must be proud of that record.

    Well, it is a pretty good record for a self-confessed troll.

    He's like S.Heenan, without the brains.

    --
    May your camel be as swift as the wind.

+ Reply to Thread