Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again... - Linux

This is a discussion on Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again... - Linux ; Hadron wrote: > High Plains Thumper writes: >> Hadron wrote: >>> High Plains Thumper writes: >>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >>>> >>>>> What does that matrix mean by not supporting scan, >>>>> fax, or network? You need other software (e.g. >>>>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

  1. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>> High Plains Thumper writes:
    >>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> What does that matrix mean by not supporting scan,
    >>>>> fax, or network? You need other software (e.g.
    >>>>> xsane)?
    >>>>
    >>>> HP LaserJet P1006 hardware does not support scanner or
    >>>> facsimile capability. Nor does it come with a network
    >>>> card for stand alone capability.
    >>>
    >>> It#s not that it doesnt support anything. It simply has
    >>> not got them. Its a cheap laser printer. Nothing more.
    >>>
    >>> Another wonderful Liarnut contribution!

    >>
    >> Another wonderful Hadron confirmation!
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html
    >>
    >>
    >>
    Name: Hadron Quark (aka: Hadron, Damian O'Leary,
    >> Hans Schneider)
    >>
    >> Traits: * [snip] * Exhibits serious reading comprehension
    >> difficulties

    >
    > Which reading comprehensions are these? The ones where I
    > correctly point out Ubuntu's CUPS policy? The ones where I
    > point out that the Printer hasnt got those features? Where?
    >
    > Ye gods. You get more useless with every post.
    >
    > This is an example of:
    >
    > http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/


    or

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....686d3c5338cfff

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    From: High Plains Thumper
    Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:15:20 +0900
    Subject: Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    [ http://tinyurl.com/56q95q ]

    > [Erik's snippage reinstated]
    > [..] High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Clogwog wrote:
    >>> "High Plains Thumper" schreef...
    >>>> Clogwog wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> Clogwog: Traits: Pathetic attention seeker Mostly uses
    >>>> mail to news gateways for anonymity Frequently nymshifts
    >>>> Habitual liar Homophobic Possibly Dutch [Thanks to
    >>>> *ml2mst* for most of the clogwog details]
    >>>>
    >>>> Message-ID:
    >>>> <20071001145409.50EC87000...@mwinf6108.orange.nl>
    >>>> Mail-To-News-Contact: abuse@dizum.com
    >>>>
    >>>>> -- ml2mst attempts to make well
    >>>>> reasoned sounding posts, but was enough to
    >>>>> bring the conclusion that trolls are
    >>>>> "pursuing" pathetic, useless attempts to
    >>>>> NetKKKop people. He exposes dead silly
    >>>>> sissies . He is a COLA friends with Roy
    >>>>> Schestowitz, Mark Kent and other COLA .
    >>>>
    >>>> I will have to agree with you there, anonymising
    >>>> re-mailer poster.
    >>>
    >>> Another social experiment, huh! "The "High Plains
    >>> Thumper" liar A worthless nym-shifting moron who has also
    >>> posted under all sorts of "nyms" such as Rafael for
    >>> example.

    >>
    >> Clogwog:
    >>
    >> From: "Manus Simpelcont"
    >>
    >> X-ME-UUID:
    >> 20070929151807511.7CD207000...@mwinf6106.orange.nl
    >> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com
    >>
    >> From: "chrisv"
    >> X-ME-UUID:
    >> 20070930200422143.231AF7000...@mwinf6109.orange.nl
    >> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com
    >>
    >> From: "Clogwog"
    >> X-ME-UUID:
    >> 20071002164845250.0619E1C00...@mwinf6102.orange.nl
    >> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com

    > [/Erik's snippage reinstated]
    >
    > What a hypocrite you are.
    >
    > You have supported the colatrolls blog for the last year, but
    > you start filing "abuse" reports when the exact same kind of
    > garbage is leveled against you.
    >
    > Why don't you whip out some more quotes from the "faq" to
    > address me.


    Y-A-W-N .... Very simply because it would not work; you're an
    idiot already, as you just demonstrated with your arrogant
    baseless reply here.

    > "What a hypocrite you are"


    This troll has no respect for posters, using derogatory terms to
    insult with. This is an example of:

    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  2. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>>> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>>>>> Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>>>>>> Terry Porter wrote:
    >>>>>>>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> I finally got tired of my printer going out to
    >>>>>>>>> lunch, not printing correctly
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>> diatribe>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> I just plugged my HPLJ4100 network laser into
    >>>>>>>> the network. She ran CUPS setup on her Debian
    >>>>>>>> Box, I just ran LPRNG on this Gentoo Box.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> We have had faultless networked printing for
    >>>>>>>> about 3 years with this printer, 25 ppm 1200dpi,
    >>>>>>>> and low running costs.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> It emails me if the toner is low, or if there is
    >>>>>>>> a jam (happens if I feed in two sheets via the
    >>>>>>>> manual feeder) etc.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35
    >>>>>>>> Winprinter inkjet and then complaining here for
    >>>>>>>> years about how hard and tedious it is to get
    >>>>>>>> running under Linux.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet
    >>>>>>> who is the tightarse here?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> My HP DeskJet 610CL, a WinPrinter detected fine
    >>>>>> under Ubuntu and SuSE 10.1 Open when I was using it.
    >>>>>> No HP special driver downloads required.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> If someone wants something to fail, they will seek
    >>>>>> failure, which tells you a lot about the OP. I hope
    >>>>>> his daughter doesn't learn his bad habbits.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://foo2xqx.rkkda.com/
    >>>>>
    >>>>> See that nice big red box in the middle of the page
    >>>>> that says DO NOT USE THE DRIVERS FROM UBUNTU etc.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Duhhh....
    >>>>>
    >>>>> BTW it took me days to find that page... And it's not
    >>>>> exactly easy to do either.
    >>>>> Like I said, plug it into Windows and it works.
    >>>>> Also worked fine with Mint Linux.
    >>>>> Now back to your fantasy world.
    >>>>
    >>>> FUD. I am using the HPLIP package, not the foo2zjs
    >>>> package. It was bundled with Ubuntu. For example, for
    >>>> the HP LaserJet P1006 listed in the foo2xqx driver, per
    >>>>
    >>>> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web...jet_p1006.html
    >>>>
    >>>> the HP LaserJet P1006 is supported with the HPLIP
    >>>> provided driver. HPLIP has been supplied with the
    >>>> following distros:
    >>>>
    >>>> Distro Version Installer GUI
    >>>> [...]
    >>>> Ubuntu 7.1 Yes Yes
    >>>> Ubuntu 8.04 Yes Yes
    >>>> Ubuntu 8.1 Yes Yes
    >>>>
    >>>> HP's own driver works fine for my HP DeskJet 610CL and
    >>>> for my HP OfficeJet 7300 when I had it.
    >>>
    >>> You need help with reading comprehension don't you? The
    >>> driver IS INCLUDED. It just DOES NOT WORK.. See the first
    >>> line on the web page I posted? It says "DO NOT USE THE
    >>> DRIVER FROM THE UBUNTU PACKAGE ETC... Also just because
    >>> YOUR printer model works, means nothing. My Samsung works
    >>> fine as well. Nice try at FUD yourself.
    >>>
    >>> I see the gang bang is in full steam again.

    >> ...........^^^^^^^^^ .... out comes the homophobic wording
    >> ....

    >
    > Only in your mind. I wonder why that is.
    >
    > http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=gang%20bang
    >
    > gang bang : 1. When a street gang finds a random person on
    > the streets and beats the ever living hell out of him. Usual
    > ending with the removal of the victims shoes which are then
    > strung from power lines.


    2. gang bang 332 up, 118 down love ithate it

    1) An orgy with one female. [....]

    3. gang bang 21 up, 13 down love ithate it

    An action of sexual intercourse in any of many various forms,
    usually performed by a group of people of 4 participants or more.
    It is used in order for the participants to gain a feeling of
    self-betterment or higher social status. It is also used to
    demean the recipient of the Bang, usually a female. Gang Bangs
    are also used to describe Gang rapes in which a group of same or
    similar size, forcefully initiates the intercourse.
    "Man Jack's bitch was startin to get so ****y with us."
    http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?s=gang+bang&gwp=13

    Dictionary:

    gangbang
    (găng'băng') pronunciation

    or gang-bang n. Vulgar Slang.

    1. Sexual intercourse, often rape, involving one person or
    victim and several others who have relations with that person in
    rapid succession.
    2. Sexual intercourse involving several people who select and
    change partners.

    v., -banged or -banged, -bang·ing or -bang·ing, -bangs or -bangs.

    v.intr.

    1. Vulgar Slang. To participate as an aggressor in a gangbang.
    2. Slang. To participate in violent gang-related activities.

    v.tr. Vulgar Slang.

    To subject to a gangbang.
    Also mentions:

    Hacker Slang: gang bang

    The use of large numbers of loosely coupled programmers in an
    attempt to wedge a great many features into a product in a short
    time. [....] most are perpetrated by large companies trying to
    meet unrealistic deadlines; the inevitable result is enormous
    buggy masses of code entirely lacking in orthogonality.
    Sounds very familiar, heh!

    >>> I'll bet you feel foolish now that I have made an idiot of
    >>> you. Next time try actually reading the post or the web
    >>> page before you make an ass of yourself.

    >>
    >> Interesting that this Flatfish troll cannot carry on a
    >> conversation without providing an insulting response.

    >
    > I can carry on a conversation with a sane person who is
    > capable of reading. You are neither, and your paragraph below
    > demonstrates both quite nicely.
    >
    > How many times do I need to explain to you that the hPLIP
    > driver that comes with Ubuntu ( the same one on the HP website
    > BTW) DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH THAT PARTICULAR PRINTER
    > amongst others in the list.


    Mentioned in this thread? No.

    > How many times does this have to be explained to you?
    >
    > Are you that desnse?
    >
    > You keep blathering on about a printer that has nothing to do
    > with the one I have.
    >
    > You don't read the web page, which clearly explains that the
    > driver DOES NOT WORK.


    No, obviously this individual is not seeking for a solution, but
    to rant about Linux as a failure. It is not the first time:

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
    Fedora Live CDs Interview
    Message-ID: Xns9A7D9779E7902thisnthatadelphianet@66.250.146.12 8
    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT


    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but
    > we get a ton of "works for me" crap in
    > COLA and most times it's just people
    > telling lies.


    Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
    these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
    to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
    there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
    nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
    since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
    ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
    things I like and things I don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
    are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
    and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
    matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
    everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.

    > It's impossible to carry on a conversation with you. Totally
    > impossible.
    >
    >> I installed Debian, SuSE and Ubuntu, and to connect to HP
    >> printers, CUPS selected the HPLIB driver. Rather than
    >> seeking a viable solution to its problems, it seeks to
    >> continue down a failed path, not even attempting to try the
    >> HPLIB driver, nor the foo2xqx instead of the foo2zjs driver.
    >> Instead it whines about how it can't get Linux to work for
    >> its printer, really sad.

    >
    > No it's not said, it's the truth. My claims are backed up by
    > facts, ie: the people who wrote the driver. Your claims are
    > the rants of a loon.


    No, no matter what anyone says about their success stories with
    Linux, the Flatfish troll keeps insisting on Linux failure and
    that how it falls very short of Microsoft.

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  3. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:59:12 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper writes:
    >>> Hadron wrote:
    >>>> High Plains Thumper writes:
    >>>>> Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> What does that matrix mean by not supporting scan,
    >>>>>> fax, or network? You need other software (e.g.
    >>>>>> xsane)?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> HP LaserJet P1006 hardware does not support scanner or
    >>>>> facsimile capability. Nor does it come with a network
    >>>>> card for stand alone capability.
    >>>>
    >>>> It#s not that it doesnt support anything. It simply has
    >>>> not got them. Its a cheap laser printer. Nothing more.
    >>>>
    >>>> Another wonderful Liarnut contribution!
    >>>
    >>> Another wonderful Hadron confirmation!
    >>>
    >>> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    Name: Hadron Quark (aka: Hadron, Damian O'Leary,
    >>> Hans Schneider)
    >>>
    >>> Traits: * [snip] * Exhibits serious reading comprehension
    >>> difficulties

    >>
    >> Which reading comprehensions are these? The ones where I
    >> correctly point out Ubuntu's CUPS policy? The ones where I
    >> point out that the Printer hasnt got those features? Where?
    >>
    >> Ye gods. You get more useless with every post.


    Quack's well known for his reading/comprehension "disability":


    Not what he said at all, but we all know that your reading skills suck
    arse...

    From: Joe
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Message-ID:


    Example of Quack's reading/comprehension disability:

    From the "Getting a job done: GNU/Linux saves" thread about file system
    support:-
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Michael B. Trausch:
    I was more referring to Microsoft _supporting_ a large number of
    filesystems. Say, for example, having out-of-the-box support for
    ext{2,3,4}, ReiserFS, NTFS, and FATxx would be a great start. Also, the
    ability to install on any of those systems would be a nice addition, but
    not necessary.

    Hadron: Yet in Linux its OK to have to have it packaged in a repository
    and then installed?

    TomB: Dude, it's in the kernel...

    Hadron: e.g gparted is "not in the kernel".

    TomB: And what the hell has gparted to do with filesystem support?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    'nuff said. Now what was Quack saying about "useless"...


    >> This is an example of:
    >>
    >> http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    >
    > or
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....686d3c5338cfff
    >
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > From: High Plains Thumper
    > Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 23:15:20 +0900
    > Subject: Re: http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    >
    >
    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    > [ http://tinyurl.com/56q95q ]
    >
    >> [Erik's snippage reinstated]
    >> [..] High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>> Clogwog wrote:
    >>>> "High Plains Thumper" schreef...
    >>>>> Clogwog wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Clogwog: Traits: Pathetic attention seeker Mostly uses
    >>>>> mail to news gateways for anonymity Frequently nymshifts
    >>>>> Habitual liar Homophobic Possibly Dutch [Thanks to
    >>>>> *ml2mst* for most of the clogwog details]
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Message-ID:
    >>>>> <20071001145409.50EC87000...@mwinf6108.orange.nl>
    >>>>> Mail-To-News-Contact: abuse@dizum.com
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> -- ml2mst attempts to make well
    >>>>>> reasoned sounding posts, but was enough to
    >>>>>> bring the conclusion that trolls are
    >>>>>> "pursuing" pathetic, useless attempts to
    >>>>>> NetKKKop people. He exposes dead silly
    >>>>>> sissies . He is a COLA friends with Roy
    >>>>>> Schestowitz, Mark Kent and other COLA .
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I will have to agree with you there, anonymising
    >>>>> re-mailer poster.
    >>>>
    >>>> Another social experiment, huh! "The "High Plains
    >>>> Thumper" liar A worthless nym-shifting moron who has also
    >>>> posted under all sorts of "nyms" such as Rafael for
    >>>> example.
    >>>
    >>> Clogwog:
    >>>
    >>> From: "Manus Simpelcont"
    >>>
    >>> X-ME-UUID:
    >>> 20070929151807511.7CD207000...@mwinf6106.orange.nl
    >>> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com
    >>>
    >>> From: "chrisv"
    >>> X-ME-UUID:
    >>> 20070930200422143.231AF7000...@mwinf6109.orange.nl
    >>> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com
    >>>
    >>> From: "Clogwog"
    >>> X-ME-UUID:
    >>> 20071002164845250.0619E1C00...@mwinf6102.orange.nl
    >>> Mail-To-News-Contact: ab...@dizum.com

    >> [/Erik's snippage reinstated]
    > >
    >> What a hypocrite you are.
    >>
    >> You have supported the colatrolls blog for the last year, but
    >> you start filing "abuse" reports when the exact same kind of
    >> garbage is leveled against you.
    >>
    >> Why don't you whip out some more quotes from the "faq" to
    >> address me.

    >
    > Y-A-W-N .... Very simply because it would not work; you're an
    > idiot already, as you just demonstrated with your arrogant
    > baseless reply here.
    >
    >
    >> "What a hypocrite you are"

    >
    > This troll has no respect for posters, using derogatory terms to
    > insult with. This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >
    >
    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >
    > If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    > ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    > obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    > them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.


    --
    Did you know?
    Hadron Quack & his wife divorced over religious differences.
    He thought he was God, but she didn't.


  4. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:07:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On 20 Oct 2008 23:49:30 GMT, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-20, Terry Porter wrote:


    >>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35 Winprinter inkjet and
    >>> then complaining here for years about how hard and tedious it is to
    >>> get running under Linux.

    >>
    >> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet who is the tightarse
    >> here?

    >
    > It's an HP Laserjet.........
    > Can't get more Linux friendly than that.


    Oh, please ......

    HP made useless CPU cycle robbing 'winprinters' marketed as "laserjets"
    which were useless to Linux users.

    The fact they dropped the price by $5 compared to a "standalone" printer
    with a CPU, no doubt was immediately attractive to Wintrolls like you,
    both to use on your pirated Windows machine at home, and as great subject
    matter for yet another 'Linux won't drive my printer' rehashes on COLA.




    --
    Linux full time, on the desktop, since August 1997

  5. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    Terry Porter writes:

    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:49:30 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-20, Terry Porter wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:45:17 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I finally got tired of my printer going out to lunch, not printing
    >>>> correctly
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I just plugged my HPLJ4100 network laser into the network. She ran CUPS
    >>> setup on her Debian Box, I just ran LPRNG on this Gentoo Box.
    >>>
    >>> We have had faultless networked printing for about 3 years with this
    >>> printer, 25 ppm 1200dpi, and low running costs.
    >>>
    >>> It emails me if the toner is low, or if there is a jam (happens if I
    >>> feed in two sheets via the manual feeder) etc.
    >>>
    >>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35 Winprinter inkjet and
    >>> then complaining here for years about how hard and tedious it is to get
    >>> running under Linux.

    >>
    >> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet who is the tightarse
    >> here?

    >
    > Hi Gregory
    >
    > Wintrolls, by their very nature, are shadows who hide their real selves
    > from the public gaze, cowering behind a two dimensional cardboard cutout
    > of their latest fake identity.


    You mean like Willy Poaster? Tattoo Vampire? High Plains Hypocrite?

    How much of a hypocrite can one man be?!?!

    >
    > They are never honest or truthful, because if their character owned such
    > an attribute, they could never become Wintrolls in the first place.


    What are you talking about? Discussing the weaknesses of LInux and OSS
    does not make one a wintroll.

    You do realise you are discussing things with a person who openly stated
    that designing and implementing a good consistent UI is a waste of a
    programmers time?

    >
    > So I'm not surprised in the least that Flatfish is the very thing he
    > claims to despise.


    Now I see why so many old posters laughed when you resurfaced. You are a
    liar as well as a hypocrite. Both in addition to being exceedingly dull
    and somehow seeing yourself as "in charge". They were right to do so.

    Since when was an HP a "winprinter". HP is the HW you guys routinely
    recommend.

    So Terrance, you lose again.

    --
    " Are there any decent document editors that can open ODT files except
    OpenOffice.org? oowriter is so unstable with large files that it would
    be funny if I didn't need to get this finished."

  6. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:46:08 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:


    > Interesting that this Flatfish troll cannot carry on a
    > conversation without providing an insulting response.
    >
    > I installed Debian, SuSE and Ubuntu, and to connect to HP
    > printers, CUPS selected the HPLIB driver. Rather than seeking a
    > viable solution to its problems, it seeks to continue down a
    > failed path, not even attempting to try the HPLIB driver, nor the
    > foo2xqx instead of the foo2zjs driver. Instead it whines about
    > how it can't get Linux to work for its printer, really sad.



    You can squawk all you want but you've lost this one from the first post
    you made.
    All the hot air on earth and spewing of your rhetoric won't change the fact
    that you are wrong.

    Trying to re-write history isn't a good method for Linux advocacy.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  7. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On 2008-10-22, Terry Porter wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 23:49:30 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-20, Terry Porter wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:45:17 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I finally got tired of my printer going out to lunch, not printing
    >>>> correctly
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I just plugged my HPLJ4100 network laser into the network. She ran CUPS
    >>> setup on her Debian Box, I just ran LPRNG on this Gentoo Box.
    >>>
    >>> We have had faultless networked printing for about 3 years with this
    >>> printer, 25 ppm 1200dpi, and low running costs.
    >>>
    >>> It emails me if the toner is low, or if there is a jam (happens if I
    >>> feed in two sheets via the manual feeder) etc.
    >>>
    >>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35 Winprinter inkjet and
    >>> then complaining here for years about how hard and tedious it is to get
    >>> running under Linux.

    >>
    >> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet who is the tightarse
    >> here?

    >
    > Hi Gregory
    >
    > Wintrolls, by their very nature, are shadows who hide their real selves
    > from the public gaze, cowering behind a two dimensional cardboard cutout
    > of their latest fake identity.


    Leaves me wondering whether or not they exist at all. I've got most of
    them kill-filed and only see their replies when the troll-feeders reply
    to them.

    Perhaps they are merely a mass-writing effort from some little factory
    at Redmond.

    > They are never honest or truthful, because if their character owned such
    > an attribute, they could never become Wintrolls in the first place.


    Misrepresentation and outright lies. I've seen it all and been the brunt
    of their attacks, merely for presenting evidence from my own enjoyment
    of Linux. If that evidence doesn't tally with what the trolls scream in
    this newsgroup then the hapless (though contented) linux user will be
    attacked mercilessly with filthy lies.

    > So I'm not surprised in the least that Flatfish is the very thing he
    > claims to despise.


    Wintrolls are hypocrites? Who would've thunk it?


    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  8. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On 2008-10-22, Terry Porter wrote:
    >
    >> They are never honest or truthful, because if their character owned such
    >> an attribute, they could never become Wintrolls in the first place.

    >
    > Misrepresentation and outright lies. I've seen it all and been the brunt
    > of their attacks, merely for presenting evidence from my own enjoyment
    > of Linux. If that evidence doesn't tally with what the trolls scream in
    > this newsgroup then the hapless (though contented) linux user will be
    > attacked mercilessly with filthy lies.


    Hapless? I think we generally give as good as we get!

    --
    No modern woman with a grain of sense ever sends little notes to an
    unmarried man -- not until she is married, anyway.
    -- Arthur Binstead

  9. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On 2008-10-23, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Gregory Shearman belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> On 2008-10-22, Terry Porter wrote:
    >>
    >>> They are never honest or truthful, because if their character owned such
    >>> an attribute, they could never become Wintrolls in the first place.

    >>
    >> Misrepresentation and outright lies. I've seen it all and been the brunt
    >> of their attacks, merely for presenting evidence from my own enjoyment
    >> of Linux. If that evidence doesn't tally with what the trolls scream in
    >> this newsgroup then the hapless (though contented) linux user will be
    >> attacked mercilessly with filthy lies.

    >
    > Hapless? I think we generally give as good as we get!


    I was speaking of my own sensitive nature.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  10. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    Hadron wrote:
    > Terry Porter writes:
    >> Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>> Terry Porter wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35
    >>>> Winprinter inkjet and then complaining here for years
    >>>> about how hard and tedious it is to get running under
    >>>> Linux.
    >>>
    >>> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet who is
    >>> the tightarse here?

    >>
    >> [...] Wintrolls, by their very nature, are shadows who hide
    >> their real selves from the public gaze, cowering behind a
    >> two dimensional cardboard cutout of their latest fake
    >> identity.

    >
    > You mean like Willy Poaster? Tattoo Vampire? High Plains
    > Hypocrite? How much of a hypocrite can one man be?!?!


    This troll continually disrespects the posters in this forum, by
    altering their nyms to something insulting. This is an example of:

    http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    also

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]

    [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The
    liberal use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
    particularly when used against you more dignified opponents. Your
    experience as a school yard bully can be handy here.

    >> They are never honest or truthful, because if their
    >> character owned such an attribute, they could never become
    >> Wintrolls in the first place.

    >
    > What are you talking about? Discussing the weaknesses of LInux
    > and OSS does not make one a wintroll.


    Constantly disrespecting forum posters by altering their nyms,
    insulting them and singing praises about the "market leader" is.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....b45297e94e214f

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    From: Hadron
    Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:45:21 +0200
    Subject: Re: Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'

    No it isn't. Linux is freely available for download. The problem
    is that for too long Linux was crap and simply not ready for the
    prime time desktop. It is now. But it's missed the boat. And
    people like you whining all the time about MS isn't going to
    change that. Grow a set of balls and advocate LINUX and stop
    whinging like schoolgirl about the Market Leader.

    > You do realise you are discussing things with a person who
    > openly stated that designing and implementing a good
    > consistent UI is a waste of a programmers time?


    Attack the messenger instead of of critiquing the poster's points.

    >> So I'm not surprised in the least that Flatfish is the very
    >> thing he claims to despise.

    >
    > Now I see why so many old posters laughed when you resurfaced.
    > You are a liar as well as a hypocrite. Both in addition to
    > being exceedingly dull and somehow seeing yourself as "in
    > charge". They were right to do so.


    Continuues baseless accusations, insulting the poster and forum
    members.

    > Since when was an HP a "winprinter". HP is the HW you guys
    > routinely recommend.


    HP DeskJet 610CL is a Win-printer.

    > So Terrance, you lose again.


    Reference above URL, this is an example of:

    11. Never apologize for your misbehavior. Never ever
    apologize no matter how out of line you have been behaving. If
    you should ever find it to your advantage to apologize, phrase it
    as a slap in the face of the person who you have already wronged.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  11. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >


    Extracted:

    >> Since when was an HP a "winprinter". HP is the HW you guys
    >> routinely recommend.

    >
    > HP DeskJet 610CL is a Win-printer.
    >
    >> So Terrance, you lose again.


    Here's a real irony. When I first bought Win NT, I also bought an HP
    DeskJet xxxCL printer (don't have the printer anymore, and am not going
    to scour my logs for the exact model).

    Couldn't get the sucker to work. Finally found a Win NT specific driver
    on HP's website, and got it working.

    It was only later that I realized that my Win NT got nailed by a ...

    Winprinter!

    The drivers that came with it were for Win 95, IIRC.

    The same thing happened to me on the same system with a modem. However,
    that one wasn't my choice -- it was the modem shipped by the /vendor/ of
    the computer system I ordered. I ended up buying a support modem
    myself.

    And even today, Microsoft pulls the same ****.

    http://www.pcauthorities.com/drivers...device-drivers

    --
    Pascal Users:
    The Pascal system will be replaced next Tuesday by Cobol.
    Please modify your programs accordingly.

  12. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:01:55 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Terry Porter writes:
    >>> Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >>>> Terry Porter wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> However the Flatfish loves buying the latest $35
    >>>>> Winprinter inkjet and then complaining here for years
    >>>>> about how hard and tedious it is to get running under
    >>>>> Linux.
    >>>>
    >>>> Linux users are accused of being tightarses, yet who is
    >>>> the tightarse here?
    >>>
    >>> [...] Wintrolls, by their very nature, are shadows who hide
    >>> their real selves from the public gaze, cowering behind a
    >>> two dimensional cardboard cutout of their latest fake
    >>> identity.

    >>
    >> You mean like Willy Poaster? Tattoo Vampire? High Plains
    >> Hypocrite? How much of a hypocrite can one man be?!?!


    The M$ fanboi Hadron Quack troll, a *self-admitted* troll, showing it's
    stupidity again & its desperation.
    What a dork.

    > This troll continually disrespects the posters in this forum, by
    > altering their nyms to something insulting. This is an example of:
    >
    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >
    >
    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >
    > If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
    > ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
    > obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
    > them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals.
    >
    > also
    >
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >
    >
    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]
    >
    > [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The
    > liberal use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
    > particularly when used against you more dignified opponents. Your
    > experience as a school yard bully can be handy here.
    >
    >>> They are never honest or truthful, because if their
    >>> character owned such an attribute, they could never become
    >>> Wintrolls in the first place.

    >>
    >> What are you talking about? Discussing the weaknesses of LInux
    >> and OSS does not make one a wintroll.

    >
    > Constantly disrespecting forum posters by altering their nyms,
    > insulting them and singing praises about the "market leader" is.
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....b45297e94e214f
    >
    > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    > From: Hadron
    > Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:45:21 +0200
    > Subject: Re: Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'
    >
    >
    > No it isn't. Linux is freely available for download. The problem
    > is that for too long Linux was crap and simply not ready for the
    > prime time desktop. It is now. But it's missed the boat. And
    > people like you whining all the time about MS isn't going to
    > change that. Grow a set of balls and advocate LINUX and stop
    > whinging like schoolgirl about the Market Leader.
    >
    >
    >> You do realise you are discussing things with a person who
    >> openly stated that designing and implementing a good
    >> consistent UI is a waste of a programmers time?

    >
    > Attack the messenger instead of of critiquing the poster's points.
    >
    >>> So I'm not surprised in the least that Flatfish is the very
    >>> thing he claims to despise.

    >>
    >> Now I see why so many old posters laughed when you resurfaced.
    >> You are a liar as well as a hypocrite. Both in addition to
    >> being exceedingly dull and somehow seeing yourself as "in
    >> charge". They were right to do so.

    >
    > Continuues baseless accusations, insulting the poster and forum
    > members.
    >
    >> Since when was an HP a "winprinter". HP is the HW you guys
    >> routinely recommend.

    >
    > HP DeskJet 610CL is a Win-printer.
    >
    >> So Terrance, you lose again.

    >
    > Reference above URL, this is an example of:
    >
    >
    > 11. Never apologize for your misbehavior. Never ever
    > apologize no matter how out of line you have been behaving. If
    > you should ever find it to your advantage to apologize, phrase it
    > as a slap in the face of the person who you have already wronged.
    >


    --
    Most people are sheep. *
    Microsoft is very effective
    at fleecing the flockers.



  13. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    Gregory Shearman wrote:

    > Terry Porter wrote:
    >>
    >> Wintrolls, by their very nature, are shadows who hide their real selves
    >> from the public gaze, cowering behind a two dimensional cardboard cutout
    >> of their latest fake identity.

    >
    >Leaves me wondering whether or not they exist at all. I've got most of
    >them kill-filed and only see their replies when the troll-feeders reply
    >to them.


    That's the only way that this group is tolerable, I agree. Seeing
    this group without filters is like watching a horrible movie, like
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre, that just cannot be stomached.

    >> They are never honest or truthful, because if their character owned such
    >> an attribute, they could never become Wintrolls in the first place.

    >
    >Misrepresentation and outright lies. I've seen it all and been the brunt
    >of their attacks, merely for presenting evidence from my own enjoyment
    >of Linux. If that evidence doesn't tally with what the trolls scream in
    >this newsgroup then the hapless (though contented) linux user will be
    >attacked mercilessly with filthy lies.


    What is somewhat fascinating is how truly immoral and filthy the
    Wintrolls are. I mean, I would guess that more of them would be, like
    "I think Windows is better than Linux", but would not be liars and
    assholes.

    There's nothing "wrong" with being a moron, but our Wintrolls are, by
    and large, vermin. Garbage. Filth.


  14. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 04:25:40 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:


    > Misrepresentation and outright lies. I've seen it all and been the brunt
    > of their attacks, merely for presenting evidence from my own enjoyment
    > of Linux. If that evidence doesn't tally with what the trolls scream in
    > this newsgroup then the hapless (though contented) linux user will be
    > attacked mercilessly with filthy lies.


    This is the measure of a successful Linux Advocate on COLA.

    a)Ridiculed on COLA in every way possible way, with the old 'grass roots
    Wintroll support', usually the same Wintroll using the usual fake ID's
    posting followups of support to the initial Wintroll.

    b) Personal info publicly posted on COLA, as tho it's a big deal. Of
    course to our shadowy Wintrolls, any info revealed about THEM, would
    indeed be a disaster of the highest degree.

    c) Spam and abuse emailed to your email address, the more vehement it is,
    the greater the indication of your success.


    >
    >> So I'm not surprised in the least that Flatfish is the very thing he
    >> claims to despise.

    >
    > Wintrolls are hypocrites? Who would've thunk it?


    Hahahh, indeed, what a ;-) .





    --
    Linux full time, on the desktop, since August 1997

  15. Re: Printing Resolved...Linux behind the curve again...

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:49:39 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:



    > What is somewhat fascinating is how truly immoral and filthy the
    > Wintrolls are. I mean, I would guess that more of them would be, like
    > "I think Windows is better than Linux", but would not be liars and
    > assholes.
    >
    > There's nothing "wrong" with being a moron, but our Wintrolls are, by
    > and large, vermin. Garbage. Filth.


    They are either paid Wintrolls or truly in need of serious mental
    healthcare, I don't see any other alternatives.

    I'm sure people like Flatfish *think* they're very clever, and as they
    post under an assumed fake name, they probably tell themselves "this
    isn't really me, it's just an assumed identity".

    I wonder if they ever think about the fact that even an assumed identity
    is the creation of the core identity, and ask themselves where one begins
    and the other stops ?





    --
    Linux full time, on the desktop, since August 1997

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3