Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare" - Linux

This is a discussion on Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare" - Linux ; 3 crapware victims concur: "Nightmare" is probably the best word to describe Intrepid at the moment, in my experience .... at least, on the KDE desktop." "...Im running Intrepid, came searching through here and found this thread trying to find ...

  1. Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    3 crapware victims concur:

    "Nightmare" is probably the best word to describe Intrepid at the moment, in
    my experience .... at least, on the KDE desktop."

    "...Im running Intrepid, came searching through here and found this thread
    trying to find a cause/solution to my random lockups..."

    "Yeah, I have to agree at least about the KDE version so far. It wouldn't
    even load on one of my computers "

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=85

  2. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:35:02 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 3 crapware victims concur:
    >
    > "Nightmare" is probably the best word to describe Intrepid at the moment, in
    > my experience .... at least, on the KDE desktop."
    >
    > "...Im running Intrepid, came searching through here and found this thread
    > trying to find a cause/solution to my random lockups..."
    >
    > "Yeah, I have to agree at least about the KDE version so far. It wouldn't
    > even load on one of my computers "
    >

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=85

    I couldn't get it to load on my computer either.
    More garbage rushed out the door.

    I'll bet it has wonderful spinning cubes and other eye candy though.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:02:45 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:35:02 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> 3 crapware victims concur:
    >>
    >> "Nightmare" is probably the best word to describe Intrepid at the
    >> moment, in my experience .... at least, on the KDE desktop."
    >>
    >> "...Im running Intrepid, came searching through here and found this
    >> thread trying to find a cause/solution to my random lockups..."
    >>
    >> "Yeah, I have to agree at least about the KDE version so far. It
    >> wouldn't even load on one of my computers "
    >>

    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=85

    > I couldn't get it to load on my computer either. More garbage rushed out
    > the door.
    >
    > I'll bet it has wonderful spinning cubes and other eye candy though.

    Hat to disappoint, but it has not been released yet! You try beta software
    (or MS) at your own risk!

  4. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On 15 Oct 2008 17:38:59 GMT, ray wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:02:45 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:35:02 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> 3 crapware victims concur:
    >>>
    >>> "Nightmare" is probably the best word to describe Intrepid at the
    >>> moment, in my experience .... at least, on the KDE desktop."
    >>>
    >>> "...Im running Intrepid, came searching through here and found this
    >>> thread trying to find a cause/solution to my random lockups..."
    >>>
    >>> "Yeah, I have to agree at least about the KDE version so far. It
    >>> wouldn't even load on one of my computers "
    >>>

    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=85

    >> I couldn't get it to load on my computer either. More garbage rushed out
    >> the door.
    >>
    >> I'll bet it has wonderful spinning cubes and other eye candy though.

    > Hat to disappoint, but it has not been released yet! You try beta software
    > (or MS) at your own risk!

    Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some cases
    alpha.
    And if it isn't it should be.
    Amarok for one.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    > cases alpha.
    > And if it isn't it should be.
    > Amarok for one.

    Are you *still* unhappy with amarok? Maybe it's time to try a different
    player? Try to remember: you *do* have a choice.

    Or maybe you want to carry on being unhappy with amarok, so you'll have
    something to bitch about.

  6. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    Firey Bird wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >> cases alpha.
    >> And if it isn't it should be.
    >> Amarok for one.

    > Are you *still* unhappy with amarok? Maybe it's time to try a different
    > player? Try to remember: you *do* have a choice.
    >
    > Or maybe you want to carry on being unhappy with amarok, so you'll have
    > something to bitch about.

    Flatty will ALWAYS find something to bitch about.
    Even if he has to manufacture the problem by selecting troublesome hardware
    in order to do it.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  7. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:47:47 +0100, Firey Bird wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >> cases alpha.
    >> And if it isn't it should be.
    >> Amarok for one.

    > Are you *still* unhappy with amarok? Maybe it's time to try a different
    > player? Try to remember: you *do* have a choice.
    >
    > Or maybe you want to carry on being unhappy with amarok, so you'll have
    > something to bitch about.

    The troll has got to have *something* to bitch about Linux, or it
    wouldn't be happy.

  8. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:04:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On 15 Oct 2008 17:38:59 GMT, ray wrote:

    t=768200&highlight=freeze&page=85

    >>> I couldn't get it to load on my computer either. More garbage rushed
    >>> out the door.
    >>>
    >>> I'll bet it has wonderful spinning cubes and other eye candy though.

    >> Hat to disappoint, but it has not been released yet! You try beta
    >> software (or MS) at your own risk!

    > Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    > cases alpha.
    > And if it isn't it should be.
    > Amarok for one.

    As opposed to the MS flagship which, more than a year and a half after
    release, has yet to reach beta state.

  9. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    After takin' a swig o' grog, ray belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:04:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >> cases alpha. And if it isn't it should be. Amarok for one.

    > As opposed to the MS flagship which, more than a year and a half after
    > release, has yet to reach beta state.

    Well, beta late than neva.

  10. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:47:47 +0100, Firey Bird wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >> cases alpha.
    >> And if it isn't it should be.
    >> Amarok for one.

    > Are you *still* unhappy with amarok? Maybe it's time to try a different
    > player? Try to remember: you *do* have a choice.

    I just tried v2.x included with the new Mandriva 2009.
    Gets to 29 percent of my collection and just freezes.
    The program window goes "dim" I guess that's Mandriva Linux's way of
    telling you the application has tanked and then a "not responding" window
    comes up.

    More slopware.

    > Or maybe you want to carry on being unhappy with amarok, so you'll have
    > something to bitch about.

    The 1.x version included with Ubuntu works fine with MySQL as the database.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  11. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:57:54 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Firey Bird wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >>> cases alpha.
    >>> And if it isn't it should be.
    >>> Amarok for one.

    >> Are you *still* unhappy with amarok? Maybe it's time to try a different
    >> player? Try to remember: you *do* have a choice.
    >>
    >> Or maybe you want to carry on being unhappy with amarok, so you'll have
    >> something to bitch about.

    > Flatty will ALWAYS find something to bitch about.
    > Even if he has to manufacture the problem by selecting troublesome hardware
    > in order to do it.

    As long as Linux is around, there is always going to be plenty to complain
    about.
    See any Linux forum for details.
    I would suggest the Ubuntu ones, they are loaded to the gunwales with
    beginners being stymied.

    As for hardware:

    I would hardly call:
    Asus
    Intel
    Crucial
    HP
    Logitech
    Western Digital
    AOC/Benq/Sony/Proview
    etc troublesome hardware.

    Oddly enough, the one oddball, at least to the Linux world, piece of
    hardware I do have, a Midiman Delta 1010 and 66 work fine with Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  12. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On 16 Oct 2008 00:32:48 GMT, ray wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:04:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > t=768200&highlight=freeze&page=85

    >>> Hat to disappoint, but it has not been released yet! You try beta
    >>> software (or MS) at your own risk!

    >> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >> cases alpha.
    >> And if it isn't it should be.
    >> Amarok for one.

    > As opposed to the MS flagship which, more than a year and a half after
    > release, has yet to reach beta state.

    Huh?
    I use MediaMonkey under Windows and it has no problems at all.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock DFS
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > 3

    WINDUMMY Anti-Linux Scarecrows sponsored by Micoshaft rants again.

    This time over a beta.

    Some day, these asstroturfers will go find a real job.

  14. Re: Ubuntu Intrepid release candidate: "nightmare"

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:58:22 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On 16 Oct 2008 00:32:48 GMT, ray wrote:

    >> t=768200&highlight=freeze&page=85

    >>> Everything, or just about everything that is Linux is beta or in some
    >>> cases alpha.
    >>> And if it isn't it should be.
    >>> Amarok for one.

    >> As opposed to the MS flagship which, more than a year and a half after
    >> release, has yet to reach beta state.

    > Huh?
    > I use MediaMonkey under Windows and it has no problems at all.

    I see. Suitability of an OS for the entire populace is based on one
    application. Glad you cleared that up for me.

+ Reply to Thread