Microsoft Sues DHL After Train Dumps 21,600 Xboxes

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is suing U.S.-based cargo-delivery service DHL Express for
| allegedly losing 21,600 Xbox game consoles because of a train derailment in
| Texas, according to court documents.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/15217...ml?tk=rss_news

It just did what Microsoft always does: dumping.

"Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products."

- --Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European business security product manager
Â* Â* Â* Â* http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1...9286351,00.htm

Recent:

Microsoft fires quality assurance whistle-blower

,----[ Quote ]
| A VOLISH QA who exposed shonky production practices during the Red Ring of
| Death fiasco has been fired.
|
| Robert Delaware talked to Venturebeat on the Xbox 360 defects and might face
| litigation, presumably for violating a non-disclosure agreement.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...histle-blowing

In-depth exposé reveals Microsoft’s Xbox 360 failure rate was 68%

,----[ Quote ]
| The dreaded high failure rate issue with the Xbox 360, otherwise known as the
| Red Ring of Death, has received some in-depth coverage. We are talking about
| some serious coverage here with insider interviews with the original
| engineers that worked on the Xbox 360 all the way up to the high ranks of
| Microsoft.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft’s attitude of “release now and patch later” with the Xbox 360 has
| ended up costing billions of dollars as well as leaving many gamers angry. It
| is also speculated the reason for Microsoft’s decline in worldwide sales is
| directly attributed to the Red Ring of Death issue.
`----

http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/09/06/i...e-rate-was-68/

Mayhem for Microsoft over ÂŁ500m bill for Xbox 360 red ring of death

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...9520-20634695/