Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK - Linux ; Linux admin black hole in UK especially in the City for admins for managing accounts to apache, PHP etc... http://www.jobserve.com Who says Linux is not commercial or isn't paying big wages?...

  1. Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    Linux admin black hole in UK especially in the City
    for admins for managing accounts to apache, PHP etc...

    http://www.jobserve.com

    Who says Linux is not commercial or isn't paying big wages?

  2. Re: Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:29:07 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >>> I doubt anyone is claiming that.
    >>>
    >>> The problem with sys admin skills though is they are being off shored to
    >>> Bangalore and other God forsaken places like that.

    >> Doh!
    >>
    >> BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
    >>
    >> Really? What kind of fsckwit are you?
    >> Is your WINDUMMY clipboard working OK?
    >>
    >> Its developer jobs not admin jobs that get offshored.
    >> How the **** does an off shored Linux admin install a new network
    >> card in all the PCs in a London bank?

    > Wrongo Sherlock....
    >
    > He has a low paid toner monkey like you for his eyes and hands....

    Waaaaa.... < swoon!> ...

    OMG!

    This is making my head spin....

    I can't believe WINDUMMY asstro****s are such thick wooden planks!!!!

  3. Re: Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    7 wrote:
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
    >>> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    >> On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:29:07 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb

    >>> Doh!
    >>>
    >>> BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
    >>>
    >>> Really? What kind of fsckwit are you?
    >>> Is your WINDUMMY clipboard working OK?
    >>>
    >>> Its developer jobs not admin jobs that get offshored.
    >>> How the **** does an off shored Linux admin install a new network
    >>> card in all the PCs in a London bank?

    >> Wrongo Sherlock....
    >>
    >> He has a low paid toner monkey like you for his eyes and hands....

    > Waaaaa.... < swoon!> ...
    >
    > OMG!
    >
    > This is making my head spin....
    >
    > I can't believe WINDUMMY asstro****s are such thick wooden planks!!!!

    I see 7 has its panties in a pinch and is on the daily rag, as usual.
    There is no monthly cycle for 7. It's daily.

  4. Re: Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    > Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb

    >> He has a low paid toner monkey

    > Waaaaa.... < swoon!> ...
    >
    > OMG!

    Unfortunately he's right about the remote administration, although I
    have no idea to what degree he's right about offshoring. The guy who
    works the datacentre is little more than a janitor who replaces hard
    drives. The guy doing the actual administration is probably far; far
    away. For example, I administer a server in Orem Utah, some 45 miles
    south of Salt Lake City, and some 5000+ miles away from where I live
    in Scotland (as the crow flies), although I've never been to Orem or
    anywhere else in the US, and I really don't think I ever will.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    03:17:16 up 2 days, 12:13, 3 users, load average: 4.27, 4.18, 4.10

  5. Re: Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb

    >>> He has a low paid toner monkey

    >> Waaaaa.... < swoon!> ...
    >>
    >> OMG!

    > Unfortunately he's right about the remote administration,

    Stawman argument.

    http://www.jobserve.com

    All the jobs are in the UK.

    > although I
    > have no idea to what degree he's right about offshoring. The guy who
    > works the datacentre is little more than a janitor who replaces hard
    > drives. The guy doing the actual administration is probably far; far
    > away. For example, I administer a server in Orem Utah, some 45 miles
    > south of Salt Lake City, and some 5000+ miles away from where I live
    > in Scotland (as the crow flies), although I've never been to Orem or
    > anywhere else in the US, and I really don't think I ever will.

  6. Re: Linux black hole for Sys Admins in UK

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 03:17:33 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that 7 spake thusly:
    >> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb

    >>> He has a low paid toner monkey

    >> Waaaaa.... < swoon!> ...
    >>
    >> OMG!

    > Unfortunately he's right about the remote administration, although I
    > have no idea to what degree he's right about offshoring. The guy who
    > works the datacentre is little more than a janitor who replaces hard
    > drives. The guy doing the actual administration is probably far; far
    > away. For example, I administer a server in Orem Utah, some 45 miles
    > south of Salt Lake City, and some 5000+ miles away from where I live
    > in Scotland (as the crow flies), although I've never been to Orem or
    > anywhere else in the US, and I really don't think I ever will.

    Thank you Homer.

    Yes it is very big, especially wrt to large networks etc.
    The support is coming out of Bangalore, or Manila where the admins are and
    that even includes some Cisco and Netapp support as well,direct from Cisco
    (they are in Australia too BTW).

    The on site people, which sometimes are vendor out to companies like IBM
    and EMC amongst others, are little more than parts swappers and basically
    the hands and eyes for the admins.

    The reason I know a lot about this is my firends, who write some of these
    contracts, say the biggest impediment to proper troubleshooting is the
    various language barriers.

    Servers these days can be powered off AND powered on remotely.
    Firmware and configuration data can be loaded into switches and routers
    remotely after the on site technician sets a base IP address and plugs the
    thing into the network and so forth.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: