[News] Fedora Leader Reports from Ohio Linux Fest - Linux

  1. [News] Fedora Leader Reports from Ohio Linux Fest

    Fedora at Ohio Linux Fest, Day 0.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We took a brief tour of the theater district in Columbus, which is quite
    | nice, and I got to my hotel with a couple hours to kill — easy enough, since
    | I needed to catch up on my email for the day.
    `----

    http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=1214

    Yesterday:

    Fedora 10 Snapshot 1 Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
    | Rawhide in Live form. *We are releasing these via bittorrent
    | only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
    | to go through our mirroring system. *If you cannot use bittorrent we
    | apologize for the inconvenience.
    `----

    https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo.../msg00004.html

    Recent:

    Migration to Fedora

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Every time when user wants to try something different, many unanswered
    | questions raised. Is is good? Why should I migrate, I am satisfied from my
    | operating system now. Could I lose data on my computer? Is it possible just
    | to see that thing and if I like it I would give it a try?
    |
    | Yes, now it is possible. Take a virtual migration tour with screenshots in
    | just a few clicks. Do not try anything until you liked it! When you are
    | completely sure about that, then you would migrate on real.
    `----

    http://spreadfedora.org/sf/index.php...d=27&Itemid=40

    Related:

    23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Providing high school students with PCs is seen as a first step to preparing
    | them for a technology-literate future, but in the Philippines many schools
    | cannot afford to provide computing facilities so after a successful
    | deployment of 13,000 Fedora Linux systems from a government grant, plans are
    | underway to roll out another 10,000 based on Ubuntu. * *
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117

  2. Re: [News] Fedora Leader Reports from Ohio Linux Fest

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:11:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Fedora at Ohio Linux Fest, Day 0.

    Looks like a piker....

    http://ohiolinux.org/

    I'll bet when the bar tab arrived the cheap Linux loons suddenly had to
    visit the loo.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: