[News] Mandriva 2009 Potentially the Best Choice Among Everything - Linux

  1. [News] Mandriva 2009 Potentially the Best Choice Among Everything

    Mandriva 2009: Is It Better Than Mac Or Windows!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | PC users have never had so many choices ever before. All you are stuck with
    | is Microsoft's Windows XP, which is almost a decade old. Well, not a decade,
    | but almost. And latest Vista -- it's just not working. So what should you do?
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | In last couple of years, GNU/Linux has emerged as one of the most dynamic
    | operating systems. They are full of choices. They can run on almost any
    | machine of the planet, no matter how old or new. There can be some issues
    | with some machines, which do not support GNU/Linux systems because those
    | companies are too small to support something as big as Linux, so the point is
    | should you be trusting those vendors who sell machines which can not support
    | GNU/Linux. If you do, you have already made a wrong choice. So, next time
    | when you go out to buy any new hardware, always ask the shopkeeper if the
    | hardware supports GNU/Linux or not, if it doesn't just don't buy it. Get the
    | one which does support the latest technologies.
    `----

    http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/29437/news.htm

    Fedora, Ubuntu and SUSE have releases pretty soon, so they'll catch up.

    Recent:

    Mandriva 2009 - KDE4 for mass adoption

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Mandriva is the first to release a new version this season among the others
    | like Ubuntu, Fedora and Opensuse. Being early to release a cutting edge
    | version with KDE 4, Mandriva has done a really impressive job. In this way
    | they can win a lot of new users who are waiting for an upgrade. I seriously
    | doubt if there will be better implementation of KDE 4 in the near future.
    `----

    http://linuxexperimentation.blogspot...-adoption.html

    Mandriva 2009 with KDE 4: First Impressions

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Great job Mandriva team! I think you have a new user. I’m going to stick with
    | 2009 through it’s cycle (personal commitment) without distro-hopping (if you
    | know me hold me too this), and if it’s successful, I plan to purchase the
    | 2009.1 Powerpack. Would I pay $59 for Ubuntu? Heck no! Would I pay $59 for
    | this, with all codecs pre-installed, and a few commercial apps? Heck yeah!
    `----

    http://jaysonrowe.wordpress.com/2008...t-impressions/

  2. Re: [News] Mandriva 2009 Potentially the Best Choice Among Everything

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:54:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Mandriva 2009: Is It Better Than Mac Or Windows!

    Nope.

    Mandriva 2009 is junk.
    More untested Linux basement slopware.

    It looks pretty and that's about it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Mandriva 2009 Potentially the Best Choice Among Everything

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:54:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Mandriva 2009: Is It Better Than Mac Or Windows!

    Is that a statement or a question?

    I love this from the comments:

    "Another Windows wannabe. Instead of trying to be like Windows, why don't
    these developers and designers try and come up with something new? Never
    understood this. While it's great for those moving from Windows, none of
    the Linux distributions appeal to OS X users."

    Yet these are the same people criticizing Office 2007 for doing just that,
    and praising the old OpenOffice style interface.

+ Reply to Thread