Debian for the medical community - Linux

This is a discussion on Debian for the medical community - Linux ; http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/ Debian-Med Project description Debian-Med is a "Custom Debian Distribution" with the aim to develop Debian into an operating system that is particularly well fit for the requirements for medical practice and research. The goal of Debian-Med is a complete ...

  1. Debian for the medical community

    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

    Debian-Med
    Project description

    Debian-Med is a "Custom Debian Distribution" with the aim to
    develop Debian into an operating system that is particularly well
    fit for the requirements for medical practice and research. The
    goal of Debian-Med is a complete system for all tasks in medical
    care which is built completely on free software.

    For a more in-depth discussion, there's a talk available (in
    English) which covers almost everything you need to know.

    The general idea for this kind of project was adopted from the
    Debian Junior project.

    Debian-Med contains a set of meta packages that declare
    dependencies on other Debian packages, and that way the complete
    system is prepared for solving particular tasks.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  2. Re: Debian for the medical community

    Hadron wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/

    Debian-Med contains a set of meta packages that
    >> declare dependencies on other Debian packages, and that way
    >> the complete system is prepared for solving particular
    >> tasks.

    > That paragraph tells you all you need to know about the
    > author.

    Tip 1 - discredit the OP.

    > Lets pick one component at random:

    Tip 2 - random convenience to discredit.

    > ,----
    > | http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/dental
    > |
    > | Official Debian packages
    > |
    > | There are no projects which fall into this category.
    > | Unofficial Debian packages

    > Conclusion? More vapor ware and baton twirling with little, if
    > any, substance behind it.

    Well, well, well, if it isn't the Microsoft sheep hiding in Linux
    clothing.

    Debian pulls no punches, but openly displays both wealth of
    software and shortages in areas, need for porting of software.
    But then, Hadron being the "Linux advocate" knew that, didn't he?

    Also, didn't he know how as the Linux technical expert make
    packages not originally written for Debian (such as for RedHat)
    into Debian packages?

    And, didn't he know how to take a non-Linux package (like for
    Microsoft) and make it work for Linux under an emulator such as
    Wine or through virtualisation?

    Did he not look at for example, bio/laboratory support under
    Debian-Med?

    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html

    It is only an 88 page FireFox/CUPS printout of Debian software
    descriptions. Of course not.

    Thus again, Hadron demonstrates his only purpose in this
    newsgroup is to troll and to derail any positively developing
    Linux posting.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    (If all else fails, play dead)
    - "Red" Green

  3. Re: Debian for the medical community

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 15:48:03 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    Debian-Med contains a set of meta packages that

    >>> That paragraph tells you all you need to know about the
    >>> author.

    >> Tip 1 - discredit the OP.

    > So what in that paragraphs isn't true for ALL packages?
    >

    >>> Lets pick one component at random:

    >> Tip 2 - random convenience to discredit.

    > Huh?
    >

    >>> ,----

    >>> Conclusion? More vapor ware and baton twirling with little, if
    >>> any, substance behind it.

    >> Well, well, well, if it isn't the Microsoft sheep hiding in Linux
    >> clothing.

    > Why are you talking about Microsoft?
    >

    >> Debian pulls no punches, but openly displays both wealth of
    >> software and shortages in areas, need for porting of software.
    >> But then, Hadron being the "Linux advocate" knew that, didn't he?

    > Yes. I even posted a link to the truth. I am not knocking Debian. I am
    > knocking another hopeless distro push.
    >

    >> Also, didn't he know how as the Linux technical expert make
    >> packages not originally written for Debian (such as for RedHat)
    >> into Debian packages?

    > Oh please. There is a huge difference between "no package" to
    > "discontinued" or "no SW available".
    >
    >> And, didn't he know how to take a non-Linux package (like for
    >> Microsoft) and make it work for Linux under an emulator such as Wine
    >> or through virtualisation?
    >>
    >> Did he not look at for example, bio/laboratory support under
    >> Debian-Med?
    >>
    >> http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio.html
    >>
    >> It is only an 88 page FireFox/CUPS printout of Debian software
    >> descriptions. Of course not.
    >>
    >> Thus again, Hadron demonstrates his only purpose in this
    >> newsgroup is to troll and to derail any positively developing
    >> Linux posting.
    >>
    >> http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    > And High Plains Hypocrite openly prove his idiocy and inability to
    > recognise more hot air and cheer leading.
    >
    > It does not need a distro you idiot. It needs a single placeholder which
    > drags in the other SW packages. When that other SW is written of
    > course.....

    High Plains tried to think and got himself in a pickle as usual.

    He is best used by the Loons as an "Internet Dickless Tracy" posting the
    same drivel over and over again.

    When he attempts to get technical he falls flat on his face into Roy's lap.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread