Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in - Linux ; In article , Roy Schestowitz wrote: > > http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/ The IBM employee who wrote that says: It’s nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say that in my now almost 9 years here I ...

  1. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    In article <14070268.rECs6pO20E@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/

    The IBM employee who wrote that says:

    It’s nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    anything we’ve done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong culture
    based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    In challenging times those principles are more often than not
    restated and everybody is given clear instructions not to cross the
    line, be it from a legal or ethical point of view, even if it means
    we’ll lose.

    I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:17:48 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <14070268.rECs6pO20E@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/

    > The IBM employee who wrote that says:
    >
    > It’s nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    > that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    > anything we’ve done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong culture
    > based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    > In challenging times those principles are more often than not
    > restated and everybody is given clear instructions not to cross the
    > line, be it from a legal or ethical point of view, even if it means
    > we’ll lose.
    >
    > I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    > overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    > action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    > about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    He's been to IBM *charm school* where they remove his spine and put a glass
    window in his belly so he can see where he is going.......

    Add to that:

    IBM employees dying of liver cancer in large numbers due to exposure to
    carcinogenic chemicals.
    IBM employee going crazy in Poughkeepsie NY and shooting up the town after
    they announced massive layoffs. Not in the press.
    IBM knowingly subjecting their employees to loud and dangerously high noise
    levels.
    IBM allowing their field personnel to use cancer causing chemicals for
    years without fully disclosing what damage these were doing to them.

    And so forth....

    IBM is the absolute WORST of the big companies for screwing their employees
    and the environment.

    It's all coming out to roost.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:17:48 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article <14070268.rECs6pO20E@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/

    > The IBM employee who wrote that says:
    >
    > It’s nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    > that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    > anything we’ve done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong culture
    > based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    > In challenging times those principles are more often than not
    > restated and everybody is given clear instructions not to cross the
    > line, be it from a legal or ethical point of view, even if it means
    > we’ll lose.
    >
    > I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    > overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    > action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    > about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    How about the conviction of IBM officials in south america on bribery
    charges.

  4. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 02:55:30 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:17:48 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article <14070268.rECs6pO20E@schestowitz.com>,
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/

    >> The IBM employee who wrote that says:
    >>
    >> It’s nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    >> that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    >> anything we’ve done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong culture
    >> based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    >> In challenging times those principles are more often than not
    >> restated and everybody is given clear instructions not to cross the
    >> line, be it from a legal or ethical point of view, even if it means
    >> we’ll lose.
    >>
    >> I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    >> overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    >> action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    >> about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    > How about the conviction of IBM officials in south america on bribery
    > charges.

    Or the ones in Korea:

    IBM Executives Bribing Korean Officials.

    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/...ent_295633.htm
    http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2003/11/61208

    These Linux loons have no idea what a nasty company IBM really is.
    Oh sure they seem on the outside to be Linux friendly but what's really
    going on within IBM is discussions on how they can take control of Linux
    and turn a profit with it.

    Every time I see a favorable to IBM post from Roy, I laugh my ass off
    because I know what's really going on and he doesn't.
    He listens to some IBM VP whose job it is to shill Linux and open source.
    What does he expect to hear?
    Why not ask the Allstate Insurance salesperson how Aetna insurance is.

    They are truly making a pact with the devil when they trust IBM.
    Microsoft is like Disneyland compared to IBM.

    Are these Linux kooks THAT ignorant?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:17:48 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://lehors.wordpress.com/2008/09/...ense-of-pride/

    >> The IBM employee who wrote that says:
    >>
    >> It's nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    >> that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    >> anything we've done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong culture
    >> based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    >>
    >> I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    >> overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    >> action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    >> about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    > How about the conviction of IBM officials in south america on bribery
    > charges.

    Why don't you fellows follow Roy's lead, then, and offer a few
    "equal-time" links of your own?

    --
    I am the Linonut and I approve this message.

  6. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 02:55:30 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 22:17:48 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> The IBM employee who wrote that says:
    >>>
    >>> It?Ts nice to feel proud of the company I work for. I have to say
    >>> that in my now almost 9 years here I have never been made aware of
    >>> anything we?Tve done that I felt ashamed of. IBM has a strong
    >>> culture
    >>> based on principles rooted in ethics and just doing the right thing.
    >>> In challenging times those principles are more often than not
    >>> restated and everybody is given clear instructions not to cross the
    >>> line, be it from a legal or ethical point of view, even if it means
    >>> we?Tll lose.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if that means he's proud of their principles that led to the
    >>> overtime pay class action suit against them, the pension plan class
    >>> action against them, or the hard drive class action against them? How
    >>> about their dumping of toxic waste in New York?

    >> How about the conviction of IBM officials in south america on bribery
    >> charges.

    > Or the ones in Korea:
    >
    > IBM Executives Bribing Korean Officials.
    >
    > http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/en/doc/...ent_295633.htm
    > http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2003/11/61208
    >
    > These Linux loons have no idea what a nasty company IBM really is.
    > Oh sure they seem on the outside to be Linux friendly but what's really
    > going on within IBM is discussions on how they can take control of Linux
    > and turn a profit with it.
    >
    > Every time I see a favorable to IBM post from Roy, I laugh my ass off
    > because I know what's really going on and he doesn't.
    > He listens to some IBM VP whose job it is to shill Linux and open source.
    > What does he expect to hear?
    > Why not ask the Allstate Insurance salesperson how Aetna insurance is.
    >
    > They are truly making a pact with the devil when they trust IBM.
    > Microsoft is like Disneyland compared to IBM.

    Where do you think Microsoft learned it bag of dirty tricks from?
    They go by 3 letters, most of the time.

  7. Re: [News] Microsoft Employees: Working for a Company That Bribes Charities for Lock-in

    QuantumLeaper wrote:

    >Where do you think Microsoft learned it bag of dirty tricks from?
    >They go by 3 letters, most of the time.

    Well, I think M$ added a few chaptors to that book...

    --
    "Why would you recommend a non-perfect solution?" - Erik Funkenbusch

+ Reply to Thread