[News] Mozilla Specifies HTML-Ogg Intersection - Linux

  1. [News] Mozilla Specifies HTML-Ogg Intersection

    Video

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The video element is used to embed video content in an HTML or XHTML
    | document. The video element was added as part of HTML 5.
    `----

    http://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Video

    Recent:

    Firefox to Support Open Video Format in Next Release

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Chris Blizzard reports from this week’s Mozilla Summit: Firefox will natively
    | support the Ogg Theora video format!
    `----

    http://internet.boredblogs.net/?p=2363

    two cool things: ogg support in mozilla and canvas for IE

    http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=492

    Theora Video Backend for Firefox Landed

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It was announced at the Firefix Plus summit today that Firefox will include
    | native Theora and Vorbis support for the HTML 5 media elements. So

  2. Re: [News] Mozilla Specifies HTML-Ogg Intersection

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Video
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The video element is used to embed video content in an HTML or XHTML
    > | document. The video element was added as part of HTML 5.
    > `----
    >
    > http://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Video

    Huh? I thought Ogg Theora was rejected for HTML5 because of complaints by
    Apple and Adobe. What gives?

  3. Re: [News] Mozilla Specifies HTML-Ogg Intersection

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Dale Harris belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Video
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The video element is used to embed video content in an HTML or XHTML
    >> | document. The video element was added as part of HTML 5.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://developer.mozilla.org/En/HTML/Element/Video

    > Huh? I thought Ogg Theora was rejected for HTML5 because of complaints by
    > Apple and Adobe. What gives?

    What, is Ogg rejected, while WMV is accepted? More info, Zeke.

    --
    Too cool to calypso,
    Too tough to tango,

  4. Re: [News] Mozilla Specifies HTML-Ogg Intersection

+ Reply to Thread