Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses? (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?) - Linux

  1. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses? (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?)

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:14:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Microsoft˘s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

    Notice the word "Division" there roy. Not "Xbox". The XBox itself is
    profitable, but the division is not, since it includes a lot of less mature
    products like Zune, and IPTV, etc, some of which are very experimental.

    But, if you were actually a journalist, rather than a blurbing machine,
    you'd actually do research and know that.

  2. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses? (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?)

    On 2008-10-11, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:14:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Microsoft˘s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

    > Notice the word "Division" there roy. Not "Xbox". The XBox itself is
    > profitable, but the division is not, since it includes a lot of less mature
    > products like Zune, and IPTV, etc, some of which are very experimental.
    >
    > But, if you were actually a journalist, rather than a blurbing machine,
    > you'd actually do research and know that.

    Where does he pretend otherwise? I even went back to the post you
    snipped and are griping at, and /it/ says "division", and mentions Zune
    and other things.

    Maybe it's time you went and got a real job instead of being a shill.
    You're not as good at shilling as you used to be.

    --
    Vista: You thought ME was bad.....

  3. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses? (was: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?)

    In article ,
    Sinister Midget wrote:
    > > Notice the word "Division" there roy. Not "Xbox". The XBox itself is
    > > profitable, but the division is not, since it includes a lot of less mature
    > > products like Zune, and IPTV, etc, some of which are very experimental.
    > >
    > > But, if you were actually a journalist, rather than a blurbing machine,
    > > you'd actually do research and know that.

    > Where does he pretend otherwise? I even went back to the post you
    > snipped and are griping at, and /it/ says "division", and mentions Zune
    > and other things.

    "Microsoft tries to limit Xbox losses".

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] MicrosoftTries to Limit Xbox Losses?

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:14:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Microsoft˘s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

    > The XBox itself is
    > profitable,

    In the recent short term maybe, but over it's lifecycle it is far from
    profitable.

  5. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:14:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Microsoft˘s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

    >> The XBox itself is profitable,

    > In the recent short term maybe, but over it's lifecycle it is far from
    > profitable.

    As Matt and bbgruff have noted, it's all in the "time window" you use.

    --
    So in the future, one 'client' at a time or you'll be spending CPU time with
    lots of little 'child processes'.

  6. Re: [Roy still fails to comprehend what he reads] [Rival] Microsoft Tries to Limit Xbox Losses?

    Chris Ahlstrom writes:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >>> The XBox itself is profitable,

    >> In the recent short term maybe, but over it's lifecycle it is far from
    >> profitable.

    > As Matt and bbgruff have noted, it's all in the "time window" you use.

    Erm, like any long term profitability.

    But "turn a profit" generally means when the investment starts to get
    paid pack on top of existing manufacturing, maintenance and marketing
    costs.

    --
    "**** you, you lying bitch. "
    -- Rick in alt.true-crime, comp.os.linux.advocacy

+ Reply to Thread