Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it? - Linux ; wrote in message news:84277fec-bf87-4164-b9ee-e1aea5f71e1a@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > > >Microsoft's entertainment portfolio looks decidedly mixed. > The Xbox 360 has done very well, but the Zune music > player is an also-ran and Microsoft's attempts to rival > iTunes have been less than ...

  1. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    wrote in message

    >Microsoft's entertainment portfolio looks decidedly mixed.
    > The Xbox 360 has done very well, but the Zune music
    > player is an also-ran and Microsoft's attempts to rival
    > iTunes have been less than impressive....
    >

    >http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...ost-it--470879

    The article says that the "XBox 360 has done very well" - so which is it?
    Many of you idiots keep claiming how terrible the XBox 360 is doing? Either
    you "advocates" are clueless or this entire article is wrong.

  2. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 08:24:08 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >>

    >>Microsoft's entertainment portfolio looks decidedly mixed.
    >> The Xbox 360 has done very well, but the Zune music
    >> player is an also-ran and Microsoft's attempts to rival
    >> iTunes have been less than impressive....
    >>

    >>http://www.techradar.com/news/comput...ost-it--470879

    > The article says that the "XBox 360 has done very well" - so which is it?
    > Many of you idiots keep claiming how terrible the XBox 360 is doing? Either
    > you "advocates" are clueless or this entire article is wrong.

    They still haven't figured out the concept of giving away the razor and
    selling the public overpriced blades.

    It's done all the time in business but since most of these lusers aren't in
    real business they haven't a clue.

    The other concept they seem to miss is that if something, a product, an
    idea, whatever, is good, the public will embrace it.

    Firefox is a good example of this.

    If it is a piker, the public will ignore it.

    Desktop Linux and OpenOffice are two examples of this.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    In article ,
    "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > The article says that the "XBox 360 has done very well" - so which is it?
    > Many of you idiots keep claiming how terrible the XBox 360 is doing? Either
    > you "advocates" are clueless or this entire article is wrong.

    Notice they are also now silent on console sales, now that the 360 has
    outsold the PS3 handily for each of the last 5 weeks (including
    outselling it in Japan the last couple of weeks).

    Speaking of video game consoles, my local Best Buy, and my local
    WalMart, have both been in stock on Wii every time I've stopped in
    during the last two weeks. This is the longest I've ever seen Wii
    easily available (without having to pay a big premium). Nintendo may
    have finally managed to get production up to demand (at least for
    now--don't count on it being easily in stock for Christmas!).

    --
    --Tim Smith

  4. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > In article ,
    > "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >> The article says that the "XBox 360 has done very well" - so which is it?
    >> Many of you idiots keep claiming how terrible the XBox 360 is doing? Either
    >> you "advocates" are clueless or this entire article is wrong.

    > Notice they

    I hope you're not counting me in "they"...

    > are also now silent on console sales, now that the 360 has
    > outsold the PS3 handily for each of the last 5 weeks (including
    > outselling it in Japan the last couple of weeks).

    Did Microsoft finally improve their quality-control on those thingies?

    > Speaking of video game consoles, my local Best Buy, and my local
    > WalMart, have both been in stock on Wii every time I've stopped in
    > during the last two weeks. This is the longest I've ever seen Wii
    > easily available (without having to pay a big premium). Nintendo may
    > have finally managed to get production up to demand (at least for
    > now--don't count on it being easily in stock for Christmas!).

    I'm hoping to score a netbook from Santa!

    --
    "If you want to travel around the world and be invited to speak at a lot
    of different places, just write a Unix operating system."

  5. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    Verily I say unto thee, that Chris Ahlstrom spake thusly:

    > I'm hoping to score a netbook from Santa!

    Better leave a note for Santa, that if he gives you a exb0rks instead
    then he needs to keep it away from the Christmas tree.

    Fires are a big problem at Christmas.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:23:05 up 1 day, 13:18, 2 users, load average: 0.05, 0.06, 0.01

  6. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    [snips]

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:54:05 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >> are also now silent on console sales, now that the 360 has outsold the
    >> PS3 handily for each of the last 5 weeks (including outselling it in
    >> Japan the last couple of weeks).

    > Did Microsoft finally improve their quality-control on those thingies?

    Apparently so.

    In talking to sales staff at one major retailer, the comment was that the
    first generation 360's were ridiculously bad, but second generation 360's
    actually managed a failure rate comparable to other consoles - not
    perfect, but nothing like the earlier versions.

  7. Re: [News] Has Microsoft lost it?

    Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:
    > [snips]
    >
    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:54:05 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
    >
    >>> are also now silent on console sales, now that the 360 has outsold the
    >>> PS3 handily for each of the last 5 weeks (including outselling it in
    >>> Japan the last couple of weeks).

    >> Did Microsoft finally improve their quality-control on those thingies?

    > Apparently so.
    >
    > In talking to sales staff at one major retailer, the comment was that the
    > first generation 360's were ridiculously bad, but second generation 360's
    > actually managed a failure rate comparable to other consoles - not
    > perfect, but nothing like the earlier versions.

    The new consoles coming through the channels now *should* be fixed. It
    was reported earlier this year that the problem had been sorted once and
    for all, and that the new models would go on sale round October time.
    Either way, if you were to buy one now and it ends up bricked you could
    get it replaced for a new one.

+ Reply to Thread