[News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

    Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London Ambulance
    | Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to migrate to Windows Vista
    | anytime soon.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/

    Rejected even by Microsoft's cronies at Intel.

    Recent:

    Microsoft fighting cognitive lock-in as users hold on to XP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | From the perspective of this story, the results are pretty damning. "Clearly,
    | this phenomenon—customers ditching Vista in favor of its predecessor—is no
    | fluke," the author writes. The results are presented as surprising in part
    | because Microsoft cut off nearly all OEM sales of XP on June 30. But hardware
    | manufacturers have been finding ways to continue shipping it past this
    | deadline. Given that corporations are often conservative when it comes to
    | adopting the latest-and-greatest from software companies, Microsoft allows
    | users that purchase Vista Business or Vista Ultimate to downgrade to XP
    | Professional. The hardware ships with Vista and is counted as a Vista sale,
    | but a license for XP Pro is also included.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-on-to-xp.html

    Unwanted licences boost Vista numbers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "From the 30th of June, we have no longer been able to ship a PC with an XP
    | licence," said Jane Bradburn, a marketing manager for HP Australia. "However,
    | what we have been able to do with Microsoft is ship PCs with a Vista Business
    | licence but with XP pre-loaded. That is still the majority of business
    | computers we are selling today."
    |
    | Therefore the Vole's claims for high Vista sales figures are merely so much
    | steer manure. The major PC vendors are still preloading Windows XP, but
    | Microsoft is counting those XP preloads as Vista sales.
    `----

    http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquir...lly-windows-xp

    Related:

    Currys group blames Vista for poor sales

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | DSG, the group behind Currys and PC World, has warned that poor sales of
    | Vista could slash its profits by around £20 million.
    `----

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/131507/c...oor-sales.html

    Dell casts doubts on Vista

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dell today revealed that it will restore the option to use Windows XP on
    | some of its home systems, marking a potentially damaging blow to
    | Microsoft's hopes for the newer Windows Vista.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | While a popular request through the company's IdeaStorm website, the
    | choice was substantially outnumbered by requests for pre-installed
    | Linux, US-based technical support, and other features -- pointing to a
    | larger general demand for the change. The turnaround may be a reflection of
    | an overall backlash against Vista, observed IDC analyst Richard Shim.
    `----

    http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/04/...ubts.on.vista/

    Lenovo offers downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | My colleague Stian just sent me this interesting link regarding my
    | experiences with Windows Vista. Since I assume the link will NOT have the
    | visual appearence it has right now for very many more hours (days) I've
    | created a screenshot of how it looked when I went into the site. *
    `----

    http://jaxed.org/lenovo-offers-downg...indows-xp.blog

    Windows Vista kicked out of Olympics PCs

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.electronista.com/articles...n.olympic.pcs/

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

  2. Re: Roy Spamowitz screws up another headline

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London
    > Ambulance
    > | Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to migrate to Windows
    > Vista
    > | anytime soon.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/
    >
    > Rejected even by Microsoft's cronies at Intel.

    I don't see anything at all about some 'ambulance service' rejecting Vista
    here. This link has nothing at all to do with this. Perhaps it's time to
    quit "spamming" and actually posting something accurate.

    And since when is a ambulance company a big account? Sounds to me like they
    are happy running Windows XP.

  3. Re: Roy Spamowitz screws up another headline

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London
    >> Ambulance
    >> | Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to migrate to Windows
    >> Vista
    >> | anytime soon.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/
    >>
    >> Rejected even by Microsoft's cronies at Intel.
    >>

    > I don't see anything at all about some 'ambulance service' rejecting Vista
    > here. This link has nothing at all to do with this. Perhaps it's time to
    > quit "spamming" and actually posting something accurate.
    >
    > And since when is a ambulance company a big account? Sounds to me like they
    > are happy running Windows XP.

    Is there even one compelling reason to upgrade to Vista from XP? XP
    worked too well for the average desktop. I cant see any reason
    whatsoever to move from it. Sure "security" is better but a modicum of
    common sense, a free virus checker, a good anti-spam account like gmail
    and a 30 dollar HW router and you're pretty damn safe with XP too.

    Personally since I hung up the joystick (so to speak) Debian more than
    meets my needs.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  4. Re: Roy Spamowitz screws up another headline

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 09:25:20 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London
    >> Ambulance
    >>| Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to migrate to Windows
    >> Vista
    >>| anytime soon.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/
    >>
    >> Rejected even by Microsoft's cronies at Intel.
    >>

    > I don't see anything at all about some 'ambulance service' rejecting Vista
    > here. This link has nothing at all to do with this. Perhaps it's time to
    > quit "spamming" and actually posting something accurate.
    >
    > And since when is a ambulance company a big account? Sounds to me like they
    > are happy running Windows XP.

    Schestowitz is getting paid to post and quantity pays the bills.
    He doesn't care if it's accurate because his mission is to spam the crap
    all over the net so it poisons the google and other search engines.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London Ambulance
    > | Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to migrate to Windows Vista
    > | anytime soon.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/

    I think you mean:

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...rejects_vista/

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Ambulance Service not patient enough for Vista
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Londoners can sleep safe in their beds tonight after the London
    >> Ambulance | Service confirmed that it has no plans whatsoever to
    >> migrate to Windows Vista | anytime soon. `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10..._alcatel_deal/

    > I think you mean:
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10...rejects_vista/

    You two clowns they are not going to Linux anytime soon either, a
    rejection for Linux. :-P

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

    After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > Bingo!
    >
    > Nym thief Rick Mathers posting as chrisv imposter AKA Clogwog,...
    >>
    >> What kind of drugs are you on? Fsck you arsehole troll. --
    >> chrisv, email me at mailto:chrisv@nospam.invalid. Privacy and
    >> discretion assured. My sphere of interest: adult [snip rest of
    >> vulgar Australian gibberish]

    I like the URL transposition:

    http://9ue.emci0hgic0t.eo.0p/vnli/vt...lascntn_w0e8a/

    > http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >
    > [quote]
    > Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >
    > If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    > troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very
    > nasty, posting from obviously incorrect variations of the
    > name etc. insults, call them netcops, netnannies,
    > homosexuals. [...]
    >
    > Give it up, Rick. The more you post, the more stupid you look.

    Freedom of speech!

    Well, at least he has the dutch footballers.

    --
    They're rioting in Africa. They're starving in Spain. There's hurricanes
    in Florida and Texas needs rain. The whole world is festering with

  9. Re: [News] [Rival] Another Big Vista Rejection

    "Liarnut" schreef in bericht
    news:dinIk.48960$vX2.36910@bignews6.bellsouth.net. ..
    > After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:

    >> Bingo!
    >>
    >> Nym thief Rick Mathers posting as chrisv imposter AKA Clogwog,...
    >>>
    >>> What kind of drugs are you on? Fsck you arsehole troll. --
    >>> chrisv, email me at mailto:chrisv@nospam.invalid. Privacy and
    >>> discretion assured. My sphere of interest: adult [snip rest of
    >>> vulgar Australian gibberish]

    > I like the URL transposition:
    >

    > http://9ue.emci0hgic0t.eo.0p/vnli/vt...lascntn_w0e8a/
    >
    >> http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killf..._troll_faq.htm
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
    >>
    >> If anyone does anything which will interfere with the
    >> troll's ability to cause mayhem, they can become very
    >> nasty, posting from obviously incorrect variations of the
    >> name etc. insults, call them netcops, netnannies,
    >> homosexuals. [...]
    >>
    >> Give it up, Rick. The more you post, the more stupid you look.

    > Freedom of speech!
    >
    > Well, at least he has the dutch footballers.

    Vriendschappelijk 21-2-1998 United States - Nederland 0 - 2
    Vriendschappelijk 19-5-2002 United States - Nederland 0 - 2
    Vriendschappelijk 18-2-2004 Nederland - United States 1 - 0
    Olympische Spelen 10-8-2008 United States - Nederland 2 - 2
    General score: United States - Nederland 2 - 7

+ Reply to Thread