Microsoft ergonomic keyboard - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft ergonomic keyboard - Linux ; I bought a couple of these awhile back, and am generally happy with them. (So is Linux -- the kernel includes support for it, which you can see on boot-up.) However, they have a few problems. The first is that ...

  1. Microsoft ergonomic keyboard

    I bought a couple of these awhile back, and am generally happy with
    them. (So is Linux -- the kernel includes support for it, which you can
    see on boot-up.)

    However, they have a few problems.

    The first is that the keyboard split for this keyboard places the "6"
    key on the left side of the keyboard, contrary to other ergonomic
    keyboards out there.

    The slash key is too tight up against the menu key, so I sometimes pop
    up the fluxbox menu by accident.

    The function keys are toggled between usage by an "F Lock" key. If you
    hit it by accident, you can think your F keys are available.

    Finally, on the work keyboard, which I use much more, the lettering on
    the "S", ".", and now the "C" keys are starting to wear out!

    Just some minor bitchin'. Carry on!

    --
    Don't vote -- it only encourages them!

  2. Re: Microsoft ergonomic keyboard

    Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    >The function keys are toggled between usage by an "F Lock" key. If you
    >hit it by accident, you can think your F keys are available.

    That's my only real problem with mine... I'd rather one like the
    older, simpler ones, but I can't find those any longer.

+ Reply to Thread