Linux - for retirees - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux - for retirees - Linux ; Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55

  1. Linux - for retirees

    Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

  2. Re: Linux - for retirees

    In article ,
    "Mocassin Joe" wrote:

    > Or people with lots of time to waste. A super piece of ****.

    Hallucinating again, zara?

    Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

  3. Re: Linux - for retirees

    Mocassin Joe wrote:

    > Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    PLONK

    P.S. You spelled "moccasin" wrong, you ****ing idiot.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....# of Vulcans needed to replace a bulb? Precisely 1.000

  4. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "Chance Furlong" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Mocassin Joe" wrote:
    >
    >> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super piece of ****.

    > Hallucinating again, zara?

    Still stuffing gerbils, Hamster Boy?

    > Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

    Callie Briggs, super BJ.

  5. Re: Linux - for retirees

    In article ,
    "Mocassin Joe" wrote:

    > "Chance Furlong" wrote in message
    > > In article ,
    > > "Mocassin Joe" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super piece of ****.

    > > Hallucinating again, zara?

    > Still stuffing gerbils, Hamster Boy?

    No, zara, sorry to disappoint you.

    > > Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

    > Callie Briggs, super BJ.

    At least I am straight, and she is whom I date. So you lose again.

    Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

  6. Re: Linux - for retirees

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mocassin Joe

    wrote
    on Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400
    :
    > Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    [1] Wow. How specific and detailed as to exactly where
    Linux wastes time for retirees and others (not).

    While I can point to some deficiencies (mostly in more
    esoteric areas, e.g. one obvious flaw is dual monitor
    systems, which I've yet to fix to my satisfaction; another
    has to do with microphone input), it is far from clear
    that these are significant to those over 65, who will
    more likely just need something that they can work with,
    rugged, reliable, no fussing required.

    [2] Again, where is Linux being a POS? (I'm assuming
    the scatological as opposed to the commercial here.)
    Again, specifics are helpful.

    [3] Since Mac was crossposted to I'll explicitly include
    OSX into the discussion; state where one might want to
    modify Linux, X, Qt, KDE, Gtk, or Gnome so as to improve
    it, perhaps using OSX or Windows as a basis, perhaps just
    on general principles.

    [4] One doesn't put one's gluteus maximus into footware.

    Followups exclusively to COLA.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    GNU and improved.

  7. Re: Linux - for retirees

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:

    > Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    You no likee - you no gotta usee! Linux is about CHOICE - which we would
    not have if MS had it's way. I was introduced to Linux in my job several
    years before I retired - I did scientific software support and devolopment
    for DOD. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather than a time waster.
    No more effort spent on BSODs, virus updates, BSODs, reboots every time
    you install anything, BSODs, finding driver disks for the reinstall after
    the system gets hammered, BSODs, etc. Simply install it and run it.

  8. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "Mocassin Joe" wrote in message
    news:TFaHk.45437$rD2.43237@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..

    > "Chance Furlong" wrote in message
    >> In article ,
    >> "Mocassin Joe" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super piece of ****.

    >> Hallucinating again, zara?

    > Still stuffing gerbils, Hamster Boy?
    >

    >> Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

    > Callie Briggs, super BJ.

    Hold on, Hamster Boy has a girl friend ?, and she gives a good blow job.

  9. Re: Linux - for retirees

    In article <48ed7010$0$4963$607ed4bc@cv.net>,
    "Homey" wrote:

    > Hold on, Hamster Boy has a girl friend? And she gives a good blow job?

    Your grammar has been corrected.

    Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

  10. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "Homey" wrote in message

    > "Mocassin Joe" wrote in message
    > news:TFaHk.45437$rD2.43237@bignews4.bellsouth.net. ..
    >>
    >> "Chance Furlong" wrote in message

    >>> Hallucinating again, zara?

    >> Still stuffing gerbils, Hamster Boy?
    >>

    >>> Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

    >> Callie Briggs, super BJ.
    >>

    > Hold on, Hamster Boy has a girl friend ?, and she gives a good blow job.

    She blows everyone but him.

  11. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "ray" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:
    >
    >> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    > You no likee - you no gotta usee! Linux is about CHOICE - which we would
    > not have if MS had it's way. I was introduced to Linux in my job several
    > years before I retired - I did scientific software support and devolopment
    > for DOD. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather than a time waster.
    > No more effort spent on BSODs, virus updates, BSODs, reboots every time
    > you install anything, BSODs, finding driver disks for the reinstall after
    > the system gets hammered, BSODs, etc. Simply install it and run it.

    In over eighteen years of WINDOWS use, I have never seen a BSOD. Never
    caught a virus. Very rarely have to reboot. Never had my system
    "hammered". Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once. You are
    making the classic mistake of confusing WINDOWS with OSX. WINDOWS XP is the
    most stable and most user friendly OS in existence, with VISTA coming on
    strong.

  12. Re: Linux - for retirees

    Mocassin Joe wrote:

    > "ray" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    >> You no likee - you no gotta usee! Linux is about CHOICE - which we would
    >> not have if MS had it's way. I was introduced to Linux in my job several
    >> years before I retired - I did scientific software support and
    >> devolopment for DOD. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather than a
    >> time waster. No more effort spent on BSODs, virus updates, BSODs, reboots
    >> every time you install anything, BSODs, finding driver disks for the
    >> reinstall after the system gets hammered, BSODs, etc. Simply install it
    >> and run it.

    > In over eighteen years of WINDOWS use, I have never seen a BSOD. Never
    > caught a virus.

    The usual lies of the windrones.
    Do you actually think people are dumb enough to buy that bull****?
    Sorry, mate, as Snot Michael Glasser already had so very often to see,
    people simply are not stupid enough for you guys

    > Very rarely have to reboot.

    Naturally not. Just once for about every update out there. The updates
    without reboots are rare

    > Never had my system "hammered".

    No, as you had to use it unconnected in a bank vault

    > Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once. You are
    > making the classic mistake of confusing WINDOWS with OSX.

    OSX has at least the advantage of being relativly secure.
    Windows is a virus mothership

    > WINDOWS XP is the most stable and most user friendly OS in existence, with
    > VISTA coming on strong.

    Certainly. And the world is flat
    --
    Warning: You have moved the mouse.
    Windows will reboot now to make the change permanent

  13. Re: Linux - for retirees

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:
    >Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    You are exactly like the religiously braindamaged who invade
    alt.atheism.

    You do more to promote linux than you can possibly know. If using
    windows makes one as much as a moronic dickhead as you, then I'm glad
    I steer clear of it.

  14. Re: Linux - for retirees

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 08:31:48 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:

    > "ray" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    >> You no likee - you no gotta usee! Linux is about CHOICE - which we
    >> would not have if MS had it's way. I was introduced to Linux in my job
    >> several years before I retired - I did scientific software support and
    >> devolopment for DOD. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather than
    >> a time waster. No more effort spent on BSODs, virus updates, BSODs,
    >> reboots every time you install anything, BSODs, finding driver disks
    >> for the reinstall after the system gets hammered, BSODs, etc. Simply
    >> install it and run it.

    > In over eighteen years of WINDOWS use, I have never seen a BSOD. Never
    > caught a virus. Very rarely have to reboot. Never had my system
    > "hammered". Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once. You are
    > making the classic mistake of confusing WINDOWS with OSX. WINDOWS XP is
    > the most stable and most user friendly OS in existence, with VISTA
    > coming on strong.

    That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. That is your opinion, which you
    are welcome to - it is certainly not mine. You must never have used your
    computer for much for eighteen years. I have had several MS consultants
    tell me that prior to xp, it was a very good idea to wipe the disk and
    reinstall every six months if you did much at all with your computer. If
    all you do is read e-mail and surf, I could understand your comments.

  15. Re: Linux - for retirees

    You're full of ****.

    You're full of ****.

    You're full of ****.

    You're full of ****.

    >Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once.

    You're full of ****.

    > You are making the classic mistake of confusing Windoze with OS X.

    I doubt it.

    > Windoze XP is the most stable and most user friendly OS in existence, with Vista coming on strong.

    I doubt it.

    Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

  16. Re: Linux - for retirees

    AZ Nomad wrote:
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe
    > wrote:
    >> Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    > You are exactly like the religiously braindamaged who invade
    > alt.atheism.
    >
    > You do more to promote linux than you can possibly know. If using
    > windows makes one as much as a moronic dickhead as you, then I'm glad
    > I steer clear of it.

    Do us a favor and quit interacting with anyone who uses Windows.

  17. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "ray" wrote in message
    > On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 08:31:48 -0400, Mocassin Joe wrote:
    >
    >> "ray" wrote in message

    >>> You no likee - you no gotta usee! Linux is about CHOICE - which we
    >>> would not have if MS had it's way. I was introduced to Linux in my job
    >>> several years before I retired - I did scientific software support and
    >>> devolopment for DOD. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather than
    >>> a time waster. No more effort spent on BSODs, virus updates, BSODs,
    >>> reboots every time you install anything, BSODs, finding driver disks
    >>> for the reinstall after the system gets hammered, BSODs, etc. Simply
    >>> install it and run it.

    >> In over eighteen years of WINDOWS use, I have never seen a BSOD. Never
    >> caught a virus. Very rarely have to reboot. Never had my system
    >> "hammered". Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once. You are
    >> making the classic mistake of confusing WINDOWS with OSX. WINDOWS XP is
    >> the most stable and most user friendly OS in existence, with VISTA
    >> coming on strong.

    > That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. That is your opinion, which you
    > are welcome to - it is certainly not mine. You must never have used your
    > computer for much for eighteen years. I have had several MS consultants
    > tell me that prior to xp, it was a very good idea to wipe the disk and
    > reinstall every six months if you did much at all with your computer. If
    > all you do is read e-mail and surf, I could understand your comments.

    Perhaps your own personal Windows experiences, would hold more validity than
    "What the "consultants" told you". I heard that Linux and OSX users, spend
    more time fixing than working.

  18. Re: Linux - for retirees

    > In article ,
    > "Mocassin Joe" wrote:
    >
    >> "ray" wrote in message

    >> > You no like, you no gotta usee! Linux is about choice, which we would
    >> > not have if MS had its way. I was introduced to Linux in my job several
    >> > years before I retired, I did scientific software support and
    >> > devolopment
    >> > for Departmen of Defense. I can assure you Linux is a time saver rather
    >> > than a time waster.
    >> > No more effort spent on blue screens of death, virus updates, blue
    >> > screens of death, reboots every time
    >> > you install anything, blue screens of death, finding driver disks for
    >> > the reinstall after
    >> > the system gets hammered, blue screens of death, etc. Simply install it
    >> > and run it.

    >> In over eighteen years of Windoze use, I have never seen a blue screen of
    >> death.

    > You're full of ****.
    >
    >> Never caught a virus.

    > You're full of ****.
    >
    >> Very rarely have to reboot.

    > You're full of ****.
    >
    >> Never had a system "hammered."

    > You're full of ****.
    >
    >>Never had to reinstall. Needed a driver only once.

    > You're full of ****.
    >
    >> You are making the classic mistake of confusing Windoze with OS X.

    > I doubt it.
    >
    >> Windoze XP is the most stable and most user friendly OS in existence,
    >> with Vista coming on strong.

    > I doubt it.

    Does having that gerbil stuck up your ass cloud your thinking?

    > Making Megakat City safer one troll at a time.

    I'm surprised that the institution you are housed in, allows you to use a
    computer. Maybe they feel it's good therapy.

  19. Re: Linux - for retirees

    "AZ Nomad" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe
    > wrote:
    >>Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    > You are exactly like the religiously braindamaged who invade
    > alt.atheism.
    >
    > You do more to promote linux than you can possibly know. If using
    > windows makes one as much as a moronic dickhead as you, then I'm glad
    > I steer clear of it.

    Seems like he touched a nerve. Maybe if you didn't rant and rave so, someone
    might take a jerk like you serious. But your argument has no validity what
    so ever.

  20. Re: Linux - for retirees

    On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:45:30 -0400, zara wrote:

    > "AZ Nomad" wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 17:37:18 -0400, Mocassin Joe
    >> wrote:
    >>>Or people with lots of time to waste. A super POS.

    >> You are exactly like the religiously braindamaged who invade
    >> alt.atheism.
    >>
    >> You do more to promote linux than you can possibly know. If using
    >> windows makes one as much as a moronic dickhead as you, then I'm glad I
    >> steer clear of it.

    > Seems like he touched a nerve.

    Nope. Just another in a long line of sad little people who have nothing
    better to do than invade groups where they're not wanted, where they have
    nothing to offer, disrupting things for others. We have enough of those
    already, here and in a.a. thank you very much.

    If there is a nerve being touched, it's more a case of "Here we go again,
    yet another idiot bringing in the same tired old crap, thinking he's the
    first one to discover it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast