[News] Blackberry Synchronisation Comes to GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. [News] Blackberry Synchronisation Comes to GNU/Linux

    Testers sought for Blackberry-Linux sync software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A developer of Mac-based sync utilities is seeking beta testers for what it
    | calls "the first Linux-to-BlackBerry sync solution." Information Appliance
    | Associates (IAA) is initially testing its free "PocketMac for BlackBerry,
    | Linux Edition" software on Xandros Linux running the KDE PIM suite.
    `----

    Recent:

    Free BlackBerry Downloads: Five Open Source Mobile Apps

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Can't get enough free BlackBerry downloads? Don't worry, we're here to help.
    | This week we've gathered a handful of open source apps to help customize--and
    | optimize--your RIM smartphone.
    `----

    http://www.cio.com/article/373413/Fr...ce_Mobile_Apps

    Pimp your Blackberry with the Ubuntu Theme!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Want linux on your blackberry? I wish there was a mod available for that but
    | for now everyone can enjoy the crisp smooth Ubuntu Hardy theme on their
    | blackberry smartphone!
    |
    | Check it out!
    `----

    http://www.ubuntu-unleashed.com/2008...lackberry.html

    Related:

    GUPP Technologies Announces Agreement with Comintel

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | GUPP Technologies, Inc. today announced a partnership with Malaysian
    | manufacturing conglomerate, Comintel Corporation, Bhd., to spearhead the
    | production of the world’s first Linux-based dual-mode Wi-Fi-centric smart
    | communication device... Â*
    `----

    http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...06&newsLang=en
    http://tinyurl.com/3xnbot

    Open-Source BlackBerry Rival

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Funambol's open-source software delivers push functions like
    | those on RIM BlackBerry devices.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Funambol Inc. is offering a new version of its open-source software for
    | delivering push e-mail, address book and calendar functions similar to
    | those available on BlackBerry devices.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,13...1/article.html

    Open Source Making the Grade in Higher Education

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Burgeoning success for open source eLearning and a string of major university
    | wins for a commercial vendor point to a trend.
    |
    | Open source and higher education have a long and storied history. After all,
    | BSD Unix originally came from the University of California at Berkeley, and
    | Linux itself was created while Linus Torvalds was a student at the University
    | of Helsinki.
    `----

    http://www.internetnews.com/software...+Education.htm
    http://tinyurl.com/59t7jv

  2. Re: [News] Blackberry Synchronisation Comes to GNU/Linux

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:22:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Testers sought for Blackberry-Linux sync software
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| A developer of Mac-based sync utilities is seeking beta testers for what it
    >| calls "the first Linux-to-BlackBerry sync solution." Information Appliance
    >| Associates (IAA) is initially testing its free "PocketMac for BlackBerry,
    >| Linux Edition" software on Xandros Linux running the KDE PIM suite.

    Yet you guys have been telling us for years how great these types of
    products work with Linux.

    Someone isn't telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Blackberry Synchronisation Comes to GNU/Linux

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 17:22:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Testers sought for Blackberry-Linux sync software
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| A developer of Mac-based sync utilities is seeking beta testers for what it
    >>| calls "the first Linux-to-BlackBerry sync solution." Information Appliance
    >>| Associates (IAA) is initially testing its free "PocketMac for BlackBerry,
    >>| Linux Edition" software on Xandros Linux running the KDE PIM suite.

    > Yet you guys have been telling us for years how great these types of
    > products work with Linux.
    >
    > Someone isn't telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    Using the KDE PIM suite. Well that's great. Anyone who has tried to mix
    and match gnome/KDE sync utilities like bluetooth key dialogs knows that
    its a nightmare. Here we go again ....

    --
    "Nice to know I live in your head, bitch."
    -- Tattoo Vampire in comp.os.linux.advocacy

+ Reply to Thread