What should the next version of Ubuntu bring us?

,----[ Quote ]
| What should the next version of Ubuntu bring us?

`----

http://blogs.howtogeek.com/tuxgeek/2...untu-bring-us/

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter #111

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #111 for the week of September 28th -
| October 4th, 2008 is now available.
|
| In this Issue:
|
| * Ubuntu 8.10 Beta released
| * Intrepid Countdown banner
| * Intrepid CDs for Approved LoCo’s
| * New Ubuntu Members
| * Ubuntu Testing Day
`----

http://fridge.ubuntu.com/node/1664

8 Ways to Maintain a Clean, Lean Ubuntu Machine

,----[ Quote ]
| Once in a while, you may want to do some maintenance on your Ubuntu machine
| and clean up unnecessary files that are chunking up large storage space in
| your hard disk.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/8-ways-to-...ine/2008/10/07

Recent:

Remastering Ubuntu With Better Art

,----[ Quote ]
| As you know, I am not very happy with the state of artwork in Ubuntu Intrepid
| Ibex. It seems to me that Ubuntu has taken a small step back, while many of
| the other distributions continue to head in the right direction. Today I
| would like to propose a solution to two problems created by this state of
| artwork:
|
| * *1. Ubuntu users should not have to deal with the new theme if they, like
| * * * me, feel that the old theme was better.
| * *2. It would be good to pressure the Ubuntu team to improve the artwork in
| * * * future releases.
|
| The solution to these problems, or at least the one I see, is to create a
| remix of Ubuntu with some of the great art that was proposed but not used.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/1...th-better-art/

First look: latest Fedora and Ubuntu betas really shine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...lly-shine.html