Ubuntu 8.10 Seeking Beta Testers

,----[ Quote ]
| Armed with new base elements such as Linux kernel 26.2.7, GNOME 2.24 and
| X.Org 7.4, Ubuntu 8.10 is due to be released by October. Beta versions of the
| add-ons Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu-Studio and Mythbuntu are also
| available for testing.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/onli...g_beta_testers

The wallpapers that should make their ways to Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| No more discussion on the new wallpaper that is probably going to be ported
| with the next version of our favorite OS that is going to be released on 30th
| October, 2008. Everyone agrees that the default wallpaper sucks! Ubuntu fans
| were asking for a better theme and a default wallpaper but it seems that the
| developers worked hard on how to make its apperance even worse. Here are some
| Intrepid Ibex wallpapers floating around the internet and honestly each of
| them deserves to be a default wallpaper for the upcoming Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.quicktweaks.com/2008/10/0...intrepid-ibex/

Recent:

First look: latest Fedora and Ubuntu betas really shine

,----[ Quote ]
| The developers behind the increasingly popular Ubuntu and Fedora Linux
| distributions announced the availability of new beta releases last week.
| These betas, which offer users an opportunity to get an early look at the
| functionality that will be included in the next major versions, are already
| highly polished and showcase the growing maturity of the desktop Linux
| software ecosystem.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...lly-shine.html

First Look at Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" Beta

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5058730/first-...epid-ibex-beta