[News] A Look at the New NVIDIA Driver for Linux - Linux

  1. [News] A Look at the New NVIDIA Driver for Linux

    NVIDIA 177.80 Display Driver

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For those using NVIDIA graphics on Linux, Solaris, or FreeBSD operating
    | systems, head on over to the NVIDIA UNIX Portal to download the latest driver
    | release. The FreeBSD and Solaris drivers ship with a similar set of changes.
    | NVIDIA's two legacy drivers -- the 1.0-71xx and 1.0-9xx series -- have yet to
    | be updated with support for X.Org 7.4, Linux 2.6.27, or any of these new
    | bug-fixes.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ia_17780&num=1

    Recent:

    NVIDIA 177.76 Display Driver

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last month we saw the release of the NVIDIA 177.67 Linux driver along with
    | the 177.67 beta driver, and a 177.70 driver. In the fourth NVIDIA Linux
    | driver release in under a month's time, the 177.76 display driver has been
    | released. This too looks like another beta driver with more fixes in store
    | for those with GeForce or Quadro hardware owners.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ia_17776&num=1

    The Multi-Seat Display Manager

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | For those interested in configuring a multi-seat system with multiple
    | monitors, keyboards, and mice, they can build the Multi-Seat Display Manager
    | from git, use the provided Debian packages, or try out their Ubuntu 8.04
    | LiveCD with MDM pre-installed.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjczMg

    Enhancing multi-screen user interfaces using Ghosd and Synergy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | * * Unlike traditional single-screen setups, multi-screen display systems
    | * * require special consideration for user interfaces (UIs). This article
    | * * presents tools and code designed to address the acquisition and change of
    | * * input focus across multiple displays.
    |
    | Few modifications to your work environment can create a productivity change
    | as dramatic as adding an additional monitor. The open source Synergy package
    | provides an excellent method of linking many displays without purchasing
    | additional hardware.
    |
    | Unlike traditional single-screen setups, multi-screen display systems require
    | special consideration for UIs. This article presents tools and code designed
    | to address the acquisition and change of input focus across multiple
    | displays. By enhancing existing X Window System focus information using Ghosd
    | displays and the Synergy debug-level output, multi-screen users can know
    | precisely where their input focus is even on displays 4200x3150 pixels and
    | larger.
    `----

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/op...rgy/index.html

  2. Re: [News] A Look at the New NVIDIA Driver for Linux

    this bit o' wisdom:

    > NVIDIA 177.80 Display Driver
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| For those using NVIDIA graphics on Linux, Solaris, or FreeBSD operating
    >| systems, head on over to the NVIDIA UNIX Portal to download the latest driver
    >| release. The FreeBSD and Solaris drivers ship with a similar set of changes.
    >| NVIDIA's two legacy drivers -- the 1.0-71xx and 1.0-9xx series -- have yet to
    >| be updated with support for X.Org 7.4, Linux 2.6.27, or any of these new
    >| bug-fixes.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ia_17780&num=1

    Also interesting:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html

    Linux Journal says it's a pretty inexpensive way to beef up your
    processing power.

    My god there's so much software out there to write!

    --
    Joy: Hey, I'm an asshole. Assholes emit odious gas.
    That's what we do.

+ Reply to Thread