[News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low - Linux

  1. [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low

  2. Google hits new 140 week low. (was: Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

  3. Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    And Bill Gates continues to dump msft like so much trash... Amazing! The
    Microsoft stock buyback is a way for Bill Gates to line his pockets...
    --

    ************************************************** ***************************

    From the desk of:
    Jerome D. McBride

    17:59:17 up 9 days, 22:16, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.08, 0.05

    ************************************************** ***************************

  4. [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    In article <13762937.RUOYVUqpXm@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Down 7% today. Stocks of Debian and FSF are unchanged, if not soaring.

    Meanwhile, if we compare Microsoft stock to Linux entities for which
    stock is actually available:

    Today: MSFT down 7%
    IBM down 6.8%
    RHT down 5%

    Last 5 days:
    MSFT down 12%
    IBM down 18%
    RHT down 10%

    Last month:
    MSFT down 11%
    IBM down 18%
    RHT down 30%

    Last three months:
    MSFT down 10%
    IBM down 22%
    RHT down 35%

    Last six month:
    MSFT down 20%
    IBM down 18%
    RHT down 33%

    Year to date:
    MSFT down 38%
    IBM down 12%
    RHT down 38%

    Last year:
    MSFT down 23%
    IBM down 18%
    RHT down 36%

    Last two years:
    MSFT down 16%
    IBM up 15%
    RHT down 40%

    Last five years:
    MSFT down 9%
    IBM up 7%
    RHT up 25%

    Last 22 years (longest interval yahoo was willing to chart):
    MSFT up 24300%
    IBM up 244%
    RHT down 4% (not around 22 years, so starting from IPO)

    --
    --Tim Smith

  5. Re: [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > In article <13762937.RUOYVUqpXm@schestowitz.com>,
    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> Down 7% today. Stocks of Debian and FSF are unchanged, if not soaring.

    > Meanwhile, if we compare Microsoft stock to Linux entities for which
    > stock is actually available:
    >
    > Today: MSFT down 7%
    > IBM down 6.8%
    > RHT down 5%

    Pretty long straight-man answer to a Roy Schestowitz quip!

    And Moshe says Roy's the one without a sense of humor!

    --
    You will be awarded a medal for disregarding safety in saving someone.

  6. Re: [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    Tim Smith wrote:

    >For example, one of the candidates for governor in my state recently
    >said this about the other (paraphrased): he imposed a $6.25/bed tax on
    >nursing homes.
    >
    >That is a 100% factual statement. Most voters did not know about that,
    >and the immediate reaction to it is that he must be a pretty horrible
    >person to want to tax beds in nursing homes.
    >
    >However, in context, his tax is not bad at all. It was *requested* by
    >the nursing homes!

    It's stuff like this that makes me unable to watch political ads or
    the debates. They are all filthy lying ****. They make me want to
    puke. Like Quack and Flat****.

    --
    "MS is installed for a reason : people wanted it." - "True Linux
    advocate" Hadron Quark

  7. Re: [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    "chrisv" wrote in message
    > Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >>For example, one of the candidates for governor in my state recently
    >>said this about the other (paraphrased): he imposed a $6.25/bed tax on
    >>nursing homes.
    >>
    >>That is a 100% factual statement. Most voters did not know about that,
    >>and the immediate reaction to it is that he must be a pretty horrible
    >>person to want to tax beds in nursing homes.
    >>
    >>However, in context, his tax is not bad at all. It was *requested* by
    >>the nursing homes!

    > It's stuff like this that makes me unable to watch political ads or
    > the debates. They are all filthy lying ****. They make me want to
    > puke.

    Same here. I've watched all the debates so far and about 10-15 minutes into
    it I'm wondering why I bother putting myself through this. For starters they
    usually don't "debate" each other - not in the sense of a debate where they
    present and argue their positions. It's little more then a bunch of 2-3
    minute long free commercials with sound-bites and talking points.

    The worst of it is that they are both so busy "stretching the truth" that it
    makes the damn thing unwatchable. They'll both take a single sentence or
    senate vote from x-many years ago completely out of context and try to use
    it against he other candidate. Let's quit F'n spinning this crap and let's
    talk about the real issues. By comparison it makes COLA seem civil.

    The entire Financial bailout/"rescue" package is a classic example of this.
    As far as I'm concerned BOTH parties are to blame for this. They both sat
    around in Washington while this mess snowballed out of control until one day
    when the American public wakes up and realizes that... "Hey... lots of major
    banks are shutting down and the government needs a TRILLION dollars to
    attempt to save the economy."

    Where the fsck were these politicians earlier and why didn't anyone do
    something about it? Because someone mentioned this in a speech they gave in
    March-2007 in Akron, OH doesn't mean squat. Why didn't either party see
    this coming and why wasn't something done earlier?

    Instead neither party is willing to accept any blame for this. Both parties
    are blaming everything on the other party and their political followers
    believe it. Both parties are to blame and neither party saw this coming and
    if they did see it coming.... nobody did anything about it. And instead of
    fixing the problem both parties continue the same old "blame game" that is
    somewhat responsible for getting us into this situation in the first place.

  8. Re: [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > "chrisv" wrote in message
    >>
    >> It's stuff like this that makes me unable to watch political ads or
    >> the debates. They are all filthy lying ****. They make me want to
    >> puke.

    > The worst of it is that they are both so busy "stretching the truth" that it
    > makes the damn thing unwatchable. They'll both take a single sentence or
    > senate vote from x-many years ago completely out of context and try to use
    > it against he other candidate. Let's quit F'n spinning this crap and let's
    > talk about the real issues. By comparison it makes COLA seem civil.

    Well, I highly doubt you'll ever see a goatse troll in a prexy or
    vice-prexy debate (unless someone sneaks a version of the innocent
    looking logo

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3271/...25a4a3f8e2.jpg

    in there.)

    > The entire Financial bailout/"rescue" package is a classic example of this.
    > As far as I'm concerned BOTH parties are to blame for this. They both sat
    > around in Washington while this mess snowballed out of control until one day
    > when the American public wakes up and realizes that... "Hey... lots of major
    > banks are shutting down and the government needs a TRILLION dollars to
    > attempt to save the economy."
    >
    > Where the fsck were these politicians earlier and why didn't anyone do
    > something about it? Because someone mentioned this in a speech they gave in
    > March-2007 in Akron, OH doesn't mean squat. Why didn't either party see
    > this coming and why wasn't something done earlier?
    >
    > Instead neither party is willing to accept any blame for this. Both parties
    > are blaming everything on the other party and their political followers
    > believe it. Both parties are to blame and neither party saw this coming and
    > if they did see it coming.... nobody did anything about it. And instead of
    > fixing the problem both parties continue the same old "blame game" that is
    > somewhat responsible for getting us into this situation in the first place.

    You can continue your rant while waiting in the upcoming soup lines.

    Depression II -- At least you have Prozac this time around.

    --
    Hubbard's Law:
    Don't take life too seriously; you won't get out of it alive.

  9. Re: [AS USUAL] Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> "chrisv" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> It's stuff like this that makes me unable to watch political ads or
    >>> the debates. They are all filthy lying ****. They make me want to
    >>> puke.

    >> The worst of it is that they are both so busy "stretching the truth" that it
    >> makes the damn thing unwatchable.

    That's what I'm saying.

    >> They'll both take a single sentence or
    >> senate vote from x-many years ago completely out of context and try to use
    >> it against he other candidate. Let's quit F'n spinning this crap and let's
    >> talk about the real issues. By comparison it makes COLA seem civil.

    Well, at least COLA has *some* people (like myself 8) who have
    integrity and who have the freedom to be completely honest. A
    politican often can't even speak the truth if he/she wants to, lest it
    clash with "the party line".

    >> The entire Financial bailout/"rescue" package is a classic example of this.
    >> As far as I'm concerned BOTH parties are to blame for this. They both sat
    >> around in Washington while this mess snowballed out of control until one day
    >> when the American public wakes up and realizes that... "Hey... lots of major
    >> banks are shutting down and the government needs a TRILLION dollars to
    >> attempt to save the economy."
    >>
    >> Where the fsck were these politicians earlier and why didn't anyone do
    >> something about it? Because someone mentioned this in a speech they gave in
    >> March-2007 in Akron, OH doesn't mean squat. Why didn't either party see
    >> this coming and why wasn't something done earlier?

    Talk is cheap. "We need to control spending!" Yeah? Who's doing it?
    Certainly not the Republicans, for whom this is supposedly one of
    their core principles... Bush-league oversaw the largest increase in
    non-defense spending in history (or in the last half-century, anyway).

    >> Instead neither party is willing to accept any blame for this. Both parties
    >> are blaming everything on the other party and their political followers
    >> believe it.

    Everything that went right, they will take credit for. Everything
    that went wrong, they blame the other side for. It's truly sickening.

  10. Re: Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion inBuybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    On Oct 9, 1:33*pm, chrisv wrote:
    > > Ezekiel wrote:

    > >> The worst of it is that they are both so busy "stretching the truth" that it
    > >> makes the damn thing unwatchable.

    > That's what I'm saying.
    >
    > >> They'll both take a single sentence or
    > >> senate vote from x-many years ago completely out of context and try touse
    > >> it against he other candidate. Let's quit F'n spinning this crap and let's
    > >> talk about the real issues. *By comparison it makes COLA seem civil.

    > Well, at least COLA has *some* people (like myself *8) who have
    > integrity and who have the freedom to be completely honest. *

    So answer this question, Mr. Honesty: Is Roy Schestowitz one of those
    people?

  11. Re: Roy misrepresents news (was Re: [News] Despite $40 Billion in Buybacks, Debt, Microsoft Hits New 52Wk Low)

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:20:43 -0700 (PDT), cc wrote:

    >> That's what I'm saying.

    >> Well, at least COLA has *some* people (like myself *8) who have
    >> integrity and who have the freedom to be completely honest. *

    > So answer this question, Mr. Honesty: Is Roy Schestowitz one of those
    > people?

    Schestowitz honest?
    He's as phony as a 4 dollar *bill* .

    --