[News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Crimes Evidence Still Alive - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Crimes Evidence Still Alive

    Microsoft Subpoenas Canopy and Law Firm Hunting for Documents from Caldera v.
    MS to use in Novell v. MS (antitrust)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Guess what? It turns out that 158 boxes of documents from the Caldera v.
    | Microsoft litigation still exist, and Microsoft is trying to get them. This
    | drama is playing out in the Novell v. Microsoft antitrust lawsuit, and
    | Canopy has been drawn into it too.
    |
    | So, who has the documents? According to the Affidavit of Stanley J. Preston
    | [PDF], his law firm, Snow, Christensen & Martineau (SCM), still has them, and
    | Microsoft has subpoenaed them. SCM represented Caldera in the Caldera v.
    | Microsoft litigation. Ryan Tibbitts, now SCO's general counsel, at that time
    | was with SCM.
    `----

    That's a lot of court material, belittling even the OOXML garbage. Dirty tricks
    have not changed since (vapourware):

    The Bizarre Cathedral - 25

    http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/...e_cathedral_25

    Related:

    SCO pulps Caldera-MS trial archives

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Caldera antitrust lawsuit included some of the most damning evidence of
    | Microsoft misconduct; breakware, black propaganda, all was there, the
    | potential embarrassment being such that there was good reason for Microsoft
    | to settle, then try to pretend it never happened. Now, however, maybe it
    | didn't ever happen - because the evidence is being pulped.
    |
    | AP reports that the 937 boxes of court-ordered documents, which have been in
    | store since the lawsuit, are currently being destroyed at the behest of SCO,
    | their owner and - surely coincidentally - Microsoft's new friend. Some 40
    | boxes have been temporarily hijacked by Sun, which is busily scanning them
    | for use in its own antitrust suit, but after it's done so they'll be off for
    | pulping too.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/05...rial_archives/

    Recent:

    Ex-Microsoft Manager Sentenced for Fraud

    http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?new...VzaWFzdCwsLDE=

    Ex-Microsoft Manager Pleads Guilty, Sentenced For Embezzlement

    http://www.crn.com/software/209400603

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Crimes EvidenceStill Alive

    > Microsoft Subpoenas Canopy and Law Firm Hunting for Documents from
    > Caldera v. MS to use in Novell v. MS (antitrust)

    I feel a Wikileak coming on.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    04:39:37 up 53 days, 1:52, 5 users, load average: 0.04, 0.34, 0.50

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Crimes EvidenceStill Alive

    Homer espoused:

    >> Microsoft Subpoenas Canopy and Law Firm Hunting for Documents from
    >> Caldera v. MS to use in Novell v. MS (antitrust)

    > I feel a Wikileak coming on.

    Sounds messy... do you think it will be possible for anyone to clean up
    afterwards?

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] 158 Boxes Filled with Microsoft Crimes Evidence Still Alive

+ Reply to Thread