Why is it so difficult for Linux programmers to write a decent music
application?

Banshee....My latest in a quest to find something as good as MediaMonkey or
even iTunes is another shining example of Linux slopware.

Import a local folder and it freezes at 29 percent.
Kill the program, start it again and it makes it to 37 percent before
freezing.

Now I realize this collection is small, at about 8000 songs, but why does
Banshee seem to freeze at 2647 items?

Who knows....

More Linux slopware...

No wonder the iPod is killing the other players and no wonder itunes is
killing anything Linux has to offer.

My advice is before playing with anything Linux and risking your music
collection, back it up.
I have and it has saved me several times already.

--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: