Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source - Linux ; Microsoft lobby plafform "Voices for Innovation", which is managed by APCO (a well-known lobby firm in Brussels of which Microsoft is a client), has sent an alert to their corporate members asking them to lobby against a parliamentary resolution led ...

  1. Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    Microsoft lobby plafform "Voices for Innovation", which is managed by
    APCO (a well-known lobby firm in Brussels of which Microsoft is a
    client), has sent an alert to their corporate members asking them to
    lobby against a parliamentary resolution led by Rocard-Cotigny-Geremek-
    Geremek, which is asking to migrate the European Parliament systems to
    FLOSS, and to give some funds for R&D of FLOSS in Europe.

    http://www.digitalmajority.org/forum...ource-software

    Postscript:

    Turns out Microsoft owns the VoicesforInnovation domain. And, of
    course, they own the word "Innovation".

    Earlier, we had a News Picks item on VoicesforInnovation.org, a
    lobbying organization pushing what seemed to me to be a Microsoft
    agenda in Europe. Sean Daly noticed that the domain name belongs to
    guess who? -- Microsoft. Go to betterwhois.com and search for
    yourself. Here's what you will find:

    Domain ID117910110-LROR
    Domain Name:VOICESFORINNOVATION.ORG
    Created On:06-Mar-2006 23:49:37 UTC
    Last Updated On:14-Nov-2007 00:21:24 UTC
    Expiration Date:06-Mar-2009 23:49:37 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)
    Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
    Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
    Registrant ID:tukvECSsFENx3T2h
    Registrant Name:Microsoft Corporation
    Registrant Organization:Microsoft Corporation

    http://www.groklaw.net/

    Why doesn't DFS just tell his bosses in Redmond that Linux is crap and
    they have nothing to be afraid of? After all, he's documented
    thousands and thousands of cases of people who tried Linux and hated
    it, who are happy once again now that they've bought Vista! Why does
    Microsoft go to so much trouble to stop FOSS?

  2. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:39:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    What a complete waste of bandwidth.

    Maybe you should have some consideration for people who have metered
    connections, Schestowitz.

    I realize you sponge off of Mark Kent for your hookup, but really....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:39:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    > What a complete waste of bandwidth.
    >
    > Maybe you should have some consideration for people who have metered
    > connections, Schestowitz.

    Is *that* the reason you are unable to snip even *very* long messages,
    flatfish?

    --
    Just out of curiosity does this actually mean something or have some
    of the few remaining bits of your brain just evaporated?

  4. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:37:23 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:39:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> What a complete waste of bandwidth.
    >>
    >> Maybe you should have some consideration for people who have metered
    >> connections, Schestowitz.

    > Is *that* the reason you are unable to snip even *very* long messages,
    > flatfish?

    No.
    The reason is you boobs take every opportunity to deny what is written so
    instead of having to dig it up again, I put it right in front of your dumb
    faces.

    Also seeding Google works both ways.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  5. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:37:23 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:39:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> What a complete waste of bandwidth.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you should have some consideration for people who have metered
    >>> connections, Schestowitz.

    >> Is *that* the reason you are unable to snip even *very* long messages,
    >> flatfish?

    > No.
    > The reason is you boobs take every opportunity to deny what is written so
    > instead of having to dig it up again, I put it right in front of your dumb
    > faces.

    In short, your "newsreader" is so braindead that you always need the whole
    thread in every post. Figures. You wintendo guys all suffer the
    same "ailments". Substandard software, for example. Linux software allows
    you to read the previous posts with one single click

    Additionally, you lose all grounds to complain about "overly long" posts

    > Also seeding Google works both ways.....

    Idiot
    --
    "Last I checked, it wasn't the power cord for the Clue Generator that
    was sticking up your ass." - John Novak, rasfwrj

  6. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:36:37 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:37:23 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> Is *that* the reason you are unable to snip even *very* long messages,
    >>> flatfish?

    >> No.
    >> The reason is you boobs take every opportunity to deny what is written so
    >> instead of having to dig it up again, I put it right in front of your dumb
    >> faces.

    > In short, your "newsreader" is so braindead that you always need the whole
    > thread in every post. Figures. You wintendo guys all suffer the
    > same "ailments". Substandard software, for example. Linux software allows
    > you to read the previous posts with one single click
    >
    > Additionally, you lose all grounds to complain about "overly long" posts
    >
    >> Also seeding Google works both ways.....
    >>

    > Idiot

    Nothing I post is even remotely close to the number of Linux Schysterwitch
    posts.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  7. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:36:37 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> No.
    >>> The reason is you boobs take every opportunity to deny what is written
    >>> so instead of having to dig it up again, I put it right in front of your
    >>> dumb faces.

    >> In short, your "newsreader" is so braindead that you always need the
    >> same "ailments". Substandard software, for example. Linux software allows
    >> you to read the previous posts with one single click
    >>
    >> Additionally, you lose all grounds to complain about "overly long" posts
    >>
    >>> Also seeding Google works both ways.....
    >>>

    >> Idiot

    > Nothing I post is even remotely close to the number of Linux Schysterwitch
    > posts.

    Right. Roy does nothing as despiccable as you do routinely, flatfish
    --
    Like being presumed a thief and a liar before using a product?
    If so, use M$ XP

  8. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:20:02 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:36:37 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >>
    >>> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> In short, your "newsreader" is so braindead that you always need the
    >>> same "ailments". Substandard software, for example. Linux software allows
    >>> you to read the previous posts with one single click
    >>>
    >>> Additionally, you lose all grounds to complain about "overly long" posts

    >>> Idiot

    >> Nothing I post is even remotely close to the number of Linux Schysterwitch
    >> posts.
    >>

    > Right. Roy does nothing as despiccable as you do routinely, flatfish

    Nice goal post move.

    We are talking about LINES posted.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  9. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 18:20:02 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    >>> Nothing I post is even remotely close to the number of Linux
    >>> Schysterwitch posts.
    >>>

    >> Right. Roy does nothing as despiccable as you do routinely, flatfish

    > Nice goal post move.
    >
    > We are talking about LINES posted.

    Nope. "We" do nothing of that.
    And what *you* would want to talk about is your problem, not mine. As you
    routinely post messages far beyond 100 lines, making your complaint rather
    hypocritical
    --
    We are Linux. Resistance is measured in Ohms.

  10. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    Hadron wrote:
    >> Typical troll behavior is to *change the subject*, to pick on some
    >> minor point and amplify it into a federal case. In this case, the
    >> number of lines in a post and the poor dialup users who have to wait
    >> for Roy's posts to appear. I'm sure flatfish's heart just bleeds.

    > LOL. You do know he copied that line from another poster dont you?

    Really?
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  11. Re: Microsoft lobbies EU Parliament against Open Source

    Hadron wrote:
    > "nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu" writes:
    >
    >> So when they change the subject, it's a sure sign that they are
    >> trying to avoid a real subject they don't want to address.

    > And when High Plains Hypocrite does it?

    A rather sad commentary from someone who cannot express an opinion
    without slandering a nym. This is an example of:

    Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

    If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's ability to
    cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from obviously
    incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call them netcops,
    netnannies, homosexuals.
    and

    7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]

    [3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The liberal use
    of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective, particularly when
    used against you more dignified opponents. Your experience as a school
    yard bully can be handy here.
    [... and]

    21. Widen the scope of threads to swamp out the original issue.
    Widen the scope of the issues discussed in a thread to the point that
    the original issues are buried away and hopefully soon forgotten. [/quote]

    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

+ Reply to Thread