Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units - Linux ; http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-c...ls-coming-soon "We have done a lot of studies on the return rates and haven't really talked about it much until now. Our internal research has shown that the return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause ...

  1. Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-c...ls-coming-soon

    "We have done a lot of studies on the return rates and haven't really
    talked about it much until now. Our internal research has shown that the
    return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause of
    that is Linux. People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know
    what they get until they open the box. They start playing around with Linux
    and start realizing that it's not what they are used to. They don't want to
    spend time to learn it so they bring it back to the store. The return rate
    is at least four times higher for Linux netbooks than Windows XP
    netbooks.'"

  2. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > "We

    Old news, troll.

    If you're going to stink up the group again, make sure one of your fellow
    morons hasn't already taken a similar ****.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dishwashing liquid
    contains real lemons?

  3. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

  4. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    > http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-c...ls-coming-soon
    >
    > "We have done a lot of studies on the return rates and haven't really
    > talked about it much until now. Our internal research has shown that the
    > return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause of
    > that is Linux. People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know
    > what they get until they open the box. They start playing around with Linux
    > and start realizing that it's not what they are used to. They don't want to
    > spend time to learn it so they bring it back to the store. The return rate
    > is at least four times higher for Linux netbooks than Windows XP
    > netbooks.'"

    And yet:

    Interestingly enough, we struggled with the Linux version of the Wind
    U90. Are there plans to tailor a Linux OS for the Wind?

    We plan to bring the Linux version to the U.S by the end of the
    year. But we are working on some of the issues with the SUSE
    Linux and even continue to explore other flavors of Linux. We have
    discussed Ubuntu with a Mac OS type of look and feel. We are
    talking to different suppliers to figure out the best user
    experience.

    In other words, they're still confused about their own offering, and
    others aren't being careful to explain their systems as being different
    up front.

    And you guys are always dinging Roy about misleading Subject lines.

    --
    The man who sees, on New Year's day, Mount Fuji, a hawk, and an eggplant
    is forever blessed.

  5. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:16:56 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> "We

    > Old news, troll.
    >
    > If you're going to stink up the group again, make sure one of your fellow
    > morons hasn't already taken a similar ****.

    Interesting how you never seem to complain when Nessuno posts the same
    articles Roy does.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 19:43:32 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

    > After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
    > this bit o' wisdom:
    >
    >> http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-c...ls-coming-soon
    >>
    >> "We have done a lot of studies on the return rates and haven't really
    >> talked about it much until now. Our internal research has shown that the
    >> return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause of
    >> that is Linux. People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know
    >> what they get until they open the box. They start playing around with Linux
    >> and start realizing that it's not what they are used to. They don't want to
    >> spend time to learn it so they bring it back to the store. The return rate
    >> is at least four times higher for Linux netbooks than Windows XP
    >> netbooks.'"

    > And yet:
    >
    > Interestingly enough, we struggled with the Linux version of the Wind
    > U90. Are there plans to tailor a Linux OS for the Wind?
    >
    > We plan to bring the Linux version to the U.S by the end of the
    > year. But we are working on some of the issues with the SUSE
    > Linux and even continue to explore other flavors of Linux. We have
    > discussed Ubuntu with a Mac OS type of look and feel. We are
    > talking to different suppliers to figure out the best user
    > experience.
    >
    > In other words, they're still confused about their own offering, and
    > others aren't being careful to explain their systems as being different
    > up front.
    >
    > And you guys are always dinging Roy about misleading Subject lines.

    It's not misleading at all.
    It's the truth.
    Take it or go back to the comfort of Roy's anus.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  7. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    On 2008-10-06, Erik Funkenbusch claimed:
    > http://blog.laptopmag.com/msi-wind-c...ls-coming-soon
    >
    > "We have done a lot of studies on the return rates and haven't really
    > talked about it much until now. Our internal research has shown that the
    > return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause of
    > that is Linux. People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know
    > what they get until they open the box. They start playing around with Linux
    > and start realizing that it's not what they are used to. They don't want to
    > spend time to learn it so they bring it back to the store. The return rate
    > is at least four times higher for Linux netbooks than Windows XP
    > netbooks.'"

    What an admission! Windummies can't read, in addition to all of their
    other failings. How else to explain why so many don't know they're
    getting linux until the turn it on and see linux?

    --
    Microsoft: The Taliban of the software world.

  8. Re: Linux based netbooks have 4x the return rate of Windows based units

    Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    >"Our internal research has shown that the
    >return of netbooks is higher than regular notebooks, but the main cause of
    >that is Linux. People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know
    >what they get until they open the box. They start playing around with Linux
    >and start realizing that it's not what they are used to. They don't want to
    >spend time to learn it so they bring it back to the store."

    Poor Erik. Does that mean "Linux bad"?

    --
    'What amazes me is the "zealots" continually harp on about the "number
    of apps". The fact that more than half are incomplete, forgotten,

+ Reply to Thread