[News] Ubuntu Prettiness Just a Tweak Away - Linux

  1. [News] Ubuntu Prettiness Just a Tweak Away

    Remastering Ubuntu With Better Art

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As you know, I am not very happy with the state of artwork in Ubuntu Intrepid
    | Ibex. It seems to me that Ubuntu has taken a small step back, while many of
    | the other distributions continue to head in the right direction. Today I
    | would like to propose a solution to two problems created by this state of
    | artwork:
    |
    | 1. Ubuntu users should not have to deal with the new theme if they, like
    | me, feel that the old theme was better.
    | 2. It would be good to pressure the Ubuntu team to improve the artwork in
    | future releases.
    |
    | The solution to these problems, or at least the one I see, is to create a
    | remix of Ubuntu with some of the great art that was proposed but not used.
    `----

    http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/1...th-better-art/

    Earlier:

    gOS 3 - the most beautiful Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Over all, I give it a complete thumbs up and I recommend that everyone who is
    | interested to use something other than Microsoft should give it a try.
    | Especially those who cannot afford to buy licenced windows.
    `----

    http://amumtaz.wordpress.com/2008/10...autiful-linux/

    Recent:

    10 Beautiful Themes for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The upcoming release of Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) is highly anticipated not
    | only for the system enhancements it will likely get, but also for its new
    | default theme. The visual refresh is a long time coming, so I expect the
    | Ubuntu artwork team is cooking something good for all of us.
    |
    | The October release date of Ubuntu 8.10 is fast approaching, yet until now,
    | we don’t know exactly what the finished product will look like. I don’t want
    | to make any guesses, instead, I decided to collect 10 beautiful existing GTK
    | 2.x themes that I think can be further improved or altered and be used as the
    | default desktop theme for Intrepid Ibex. Enjoy!
    `----

    http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/10-be...-intrepid.html

    20 beautiful dark themes for Gnome and Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Some weeks ago, I shown you a list of 30 themes for enhancing your Gnome
    | desktop. Many readers loved the dark themes from this list, so here’s a new
    | list of 20 dark and absolutely beautiful themes for your Gnome desktop.
    `----

    http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/feat...and-ubuntu-418

    4 Linux Distros Which Look Like Mac OS X

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Here’s an interesting compilation of Linux distribution which resemble
    | Apple’s Mac OS 10.
    `----

    http://www.internetling.com/2008/08/...like-mac-os-x/

  2. Re: [News] Ubuntu Prettiness Just a Tweak Away

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:47:53 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Remastering Ubuntu With Better Art

    How many times are you going to repost this same crap, Roy Schestowitz?

    Getting nervous now that Ubuntu 8.10 is going to be released and the masses
    are already upset about how ugly it looks?

    Damage control isn't going to work.
    Neither will your propaganda machine.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb