NH Hoteles Selects Red Hat and JBoss Solutions for Its Business-Critical Web

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions,
| today announced that NH Hoteles, a well-known European business hotel chain
| with 350 locations across 21 countries, has launched its business-critical
| web platform based on a combination of Red Hat and JBoss solutions. The NH
| Hoteles platform was developed using JBoss Enterprise Application Platform,
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux and JBoss Operations Network.

Trojan Lurks, Waiting to Steal Admin Passwords

,----[ Quote ]
| They have managed to infect hundreds of thousands of computers -- including
| more than 14,000 within one unnamed global hotel chain -- by waiting for
| system administrators to log onto infected PCs and then using a Microsoft
| administration tool to spread their malicious software throughout the
| network.

Amadeus moves all hotel GDS operations from TPF to open-systems Linux platform

,----[ Quote ]
| Amadeus this week will unveil the first components of a new next-generation
| distribution technology platform for the hotel industry. As a first step,
| Amadeus has completed the migration of the 75,000 hotel properties that
| participate in its GDS from a system based on TPF (transaction processing
| facility) to a Linux platform, Jerome Destors, deputy managing director of
| Amadeus' Hospitality Business Group, said. All hotel GDS operations are now
| running on the open-systems platform. * * *

Microsoft sues Fattal Hotels

,----[ Quote ]
| BSA Israel's legal advisers, Adv. Naomi Assia and Osher Ben-Ezri claim that
| Fattal and its managers had "blatantly violated Microsoft's intellectual
| property rights, harmed its reputation and good name, and made unjust gains
| at its expense by copying and installing original software without proper
| licensing or authorization." * *

Christer Edwards: Ubuntu 7.10 vs Windows XP : The Story of the Hotel Printer

,----[ Quote ]
| I then click print in Evince and out comes the document. *Done. *You know,
| people still insist on telling me that they don’t want to run Linux because
| its harder, or that Windows XP just works for what they want to do. *Are you
| kidding me? *Just this evening it took me twice as much work to try and
| print something, which never worked. *Ubuntu “just worked”… go figure. * *

Microsoft Booted! And by The Marriott? *

,----[ Quote ]
| The hotel then shut down Microsoft's wireless and Ethernet Internet
| access at 4 p.m., leaving reporters scrambling to file their stories
| and Microsoft flaks looking on apologetically.
| "They need the room for a birthday party," one of the reps
| explained.
| What the heck is going on here? Doesn't the software behemoth
| from Redmond inspire fear anymore? Apparently not so much.

Four Seasons agrees to Gates, Alwaleed buyout bid

,----[ Quote ]
| Four Seasons Hotels Inc. said on Monday it has agreed to a $3.37
| billion offer to be taken private by a group that includes the
| Canadian company's chief executive as well as Saudi Prince
| Alwaleed bin Talal and Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill
| Gates.

Four Seasons: Gates & Co May Get a Higher Tab

,----[ Quote ]
| One analyst thinks the investment group bidding for the hotel chain
| may have to sweeten its $3.7 billion offer

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)