Linux based companies COLLAPSE while Microsoft stands strong - Linux

This is a discussion on Linux based companies COLLAPSE while Microsoft stands strong - Linux ; http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined For the last 5 days: MSFT = -3% Redhat = -8% Google = -8% For the last 30 days MSFT = + 3% Redhat = -24% Google = - 13% For the last 3 months MSFT = + 1% ...

  1. Linux based companies COLLAPSE while Microsoft stands strong

    http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined

    For the last 5 days:
    MSFT = -3%
    Redhat = -8%
    Google = -8%

    For the last 30 days
    MSFT = + 3%
    Redhat = -24%
    Google = - 13%

    For the last 3 months
    MSFT = + 1%
    Redhat = -28%
    Google = - 28%

    Idiots like Roy Schestowitz who know NOTHING about finances should simply
    keep their mouth shut.

  2. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    this bit o' wisdom:

    --
    program, n.:
    Any task that can't be completed in one telephone call or one

  3. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

  4. Re: Linux based companies COLLAPSE while Microsoft stands strong

    "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined
    >

    > For the last 5 days:
    > MSFT = -3%
    > Redhat = -8%
    > Google = -8%
    >

    > For the last 30 days
    > MSFT = + 3%
    > Redhat = -24%
    > Google = - 13%
    >

    > For the last 3 months
    > MSFT = + 1%
    > Redhat = -28%
    > Google = - 28%
    >

    > Idiots like Roy Schestowitz who know NOTHING about finances should simply
    > keep their mouth shut.

    Fish gotta swim and Roy has to bash Mr. Softee. It is in their nature. He
    should be pitied, not scorned.

  5. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:22 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined
    >>>

    >>> For the last 5 days:
    >>> MSFT = -3%
    >>> Redhat = -8%
    >>> Google = -8%
    >>>

    >>> For the last 30 days
    >>> MSFT = + 3%
    >>> Redhat = -24%
    >>> Google = - 13%
    >>>

    >>> For the last 3 months
    >>> MSFT = + 1%
    >>> Redhat = -28%
    >>> Google = - 28%

    > Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?

    Those aren't companies. But Linux based companies (just about all companies
    actually) are down.

    > Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively' to
    > make a
    > pointless point.

    Talk about making a "selectively choosing time periods in order to make a
    pointless point" - let's use the "Microsoft Collapses in Wall Street: Down
    7% in One Day" thead that Roy Schestowitz posted just a few minutes as a
    prime example of this.

    > Scott Douglas, AKA "Ezekiel", must be a Microsoft marketing person. They
    > use
    > the same techniques. ;-)

    And Roy Schestowitz runs and hides using the same techniques as a coward to
    avoid debating the facts.

    > - --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
    > http://Schestowitz.com | GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > Mem: 2075800k total, 1636428k used, 439372k free, 46432k buffers
    > http://iuron.com - next generation of search paradigms

  6. Re: Linux based companies COLLAPSE while Microsoft stands strong

    "amicus_curious" wrote in message
    news:48ea77f2$0$7404$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.c om...

    > "Ezekiel" wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined
    >>

    >> For the last 5 days:
    >> MSFT = -3%
    >> Redhat = -8%
    >> Google = -8%
    >>

    >> For the last 30 days
    >> MSFT = + 3%
    >> Redhat = -24%
    >> Google = - 13%
    >>

    >> For the last 3 months
    >> MSFT = + 1%
    >> Redhat = -28%
    >> Google = - 28%
    >>

    >> Idiots like Roy Schestowitz who know NOTHING about finances should simply
    >> keep their mouth shut.
    >>

    > Fish gotta swim and Roy has to bash Mr. Softee. It is in their nature.
    > He should be pitied, not scorned.

    Only a complete idiot (Roy Schestowitz) would be foolish enough to even
    attempt to make the recent *global* financial crisis appear as if it were
    somehow specific only to Microsoft.

  7. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:22 : \____
    >
    >> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    >> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined
    >>>

    >>> For the last 5 days:
    >>> MSFT = -3%
    >>> Redhat = -8%
    >>> Google = -8%
    >>>

    >>> For the last 30 days
    >>> MSFT = + 3%
    >>> Redhat = -24%
    >>> Google = - 13%
    >>>

    >>> For the last 3 months
    >>> MSFT = + 1%
    >>> Redhat = -28%
    >>> Google = - 28%

    > Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?
    >
    > Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively' to
    > make a
    > pointless point.

    Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

  8. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    ____/ QuantumLeaper on Monday 06 October 2008 21:18 : \____

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:22 : \____
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:

    http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined

    >> Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?
    >>
    >> Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively' to
    >> make a
    >> pointless point.
    >>

    > Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    > thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs are
    there --->

    The Linux-bashing NGs don't even exist.

    :-)

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | "Lions are like hippie tigers"
    run-level 5 Oct 6 11:20 last=S

  9. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:49:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    >> thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    > This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs are
    > there --->
    >
    > The Linux-bashing NGs don't even exist.
    >
    > :-)

    I see, so pointing out how your "linux advocacy" (of which the majority is
    anti-ms rhetoric) is untrue is considered offtopic.

    You and Karl Rove have a lot in common. You can't stand to be held
    accountable for what you say. That's the sign of a morally corrupt
    individual.

  10. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    In article <1557645.4gH5RI8njK@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?
    >
    > Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively'
    > to make a pointless point.

    Kind of like someone here who recently made a big deal of Microsoft's
    plans to issue bonds, saying it means the company is going under, while
    completely ignoring the huge bond issues from IBM? Do you need
    reminding of who that was?

    --
    --Tim Smith

  11. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    In article <1654339.ggjjChrzNO@schestowitz.com>,
    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > >> Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very
    > >> 'selectively' to make a pointless point.
    > >>

    > > Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    > > thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    > This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs are
    > there --->

    Roy's defense: it's OK to lie as long as it is a lie meant to promote
    Linux.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  12. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:18:45 GMT, QuantumLeaper wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:22 : \____
    >>
    >>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
    >>> this bit o' wisdom:
    >>>

    >> http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined

    >> Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?
    >>
    >> Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively' to
    >> make a
    >> pointless point.
    >>

    > Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    > thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    Of course he does.
    Schestowitz doesn't like it when others do the same thing though and
    usually he starts crying like a baby.

    Schestowitz complaining about people getting paid to post to digg:

    http://digg.com/tech_news/Google_sea...oxml#c10966125

    Schestowitz complaining about self promotion:

    (Read down)

    http://digg.com/linux_unix/Linux_Con...vices#c5779078

    Schestowitz complaining that people mod him down on digg:

    (Read the comments)

    http://digg.com/linux_unix/Linux_Con...vices#c5779078
    Attention, folks: Digg.com Has Become Microsoft's Nuthouse and Own (Astro)
    Turf

    [Note: this is a ramble and a rant, so do not expect a very consistent flow
    of arguments.]

    Digg is considered popular. If you have never been involved or registered
    with Digg before, don't bother. The site's quality has degraded in the most
    terrible of ways and it's surprising that it still manages to maintain some
    level of status. I have just sent out the following E-mail to Digg
    (consider this an open letter):

    ___
    Dear Digg,

    I kindly ask that you check the profile/history of the following users:

    *flatfish (recently banned from Propeller by the way and had 4 accounts
    terminated in Digg)
    *harlowmonkeys
    *kretik

    These people do nothing in Digg but stalking and harassing me. They spread
    lies about me to. Digg has become highly chaotic and people are turned off
    by such abusive and compulsive characters.
    ___

    This is based on observations made by peers, not just myself. It's getting
    out of hand.

    There are 3 or 4 people at the moment who mod all my comments down
    systematically (and bury my submissions too, I suspect). They are not
    Diggers. They came after me from other forums where they even admitted
    doing this. I have complained to Digg about this. One of them has already
    had 3 or 4 accounts terminated, but he keeps creating new ones.

    It's messy, but if I leave Digg, they'll get their way. Due to their
    slander, some people think I'm a troll, but need to look elsewhere for
    evidence, preferably in moderated forums that cannot be abused and gamed.

    There is a new time of libellous accusation being spread about me at the
    moment. They say that I am getting paid to object to the Microsoft/Novell
    deal. You know, kind of like the lies "PJ gets paid by IBM to write about
    SCO" or "PJ doesn't exist". These are lies that various try to use to shoot
    the messenger and create legal risk.

    In general, you are encouraged not to listen to whatever arbitrary Diggers
    say because some of them are affiliated with companies and I haven't the
    capacity to squash the lies, let alone keep track of them.

    In the past year, Microsoft has been regularly caught paying people to spit
    out such anti-Linux messages. In case you have not realised, they are also
    in Digg and the UNIX/Linux section is unsurprisingly losing attraction.
    Some people stalk and others patrol and complete their round where they mod
    all my comments down and maybe burying submissions.

    Microsoft has been employing people to do what they call 'marketing' or
    'evangelism' (nice words for "astroturfing) at Digg in attempt to defeat
    honest voices. This includes personal attack and slander.

    Does this affect the minds of peers? Well, lies that has been spread about
    me in Digg have not helped. Some suspicious characters have been in Digg
    for well over a year usually defending Microsoft and that drive away people
    who considered them shill.

    Digg seems to be another lost case where a community site loses control to
    corporations. Once in a while (although it's rare) people will add a
    disclaimer to say that they work for the company cited. It's rare. Either
    way, Digg has become like a battleground for companies and it can no longer
    be trusted. Just see examples of Microsoft astroturfing from the past year
    ( http://boycottnovell.com/2007/11/23/astroturfing-m ... ) . Time to wake
    up. If Digg does not take action against this, consider going to other Web
    site where behaviour is policed.

    And so forth.......

    Roy Schestowitz is a whiner, and a baby on top of it.
    If he doesn't like the heat, he should get out of the fire.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 18:06:37 -0400, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 21:49:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >>> Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    >>> thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    >> This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs are
    >> there --->
    >>
    >> The Linux-bashing NGs don't even exist.
    >>
    >> :-)

    > I see, so pointing out how your "linux advocacy" (of which the majority is
    > anti-ms rhetoric) is untrue is considered offtopic.
    >
    > You and Karl Rove have a lot in common. You can't stand to be held
    > accountable for what you say. That's the sign of a morally corrupt
    > individual.

    Roy wants to cherry pick and doesn't wish to be held to any standards.
    He's the boss.

    I think making him a fresher fluffer and putting him in charge of Fresher
    Week at University of Manchester has gone to his head.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
    Please Visit www.linsux.org

  14. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    > ____/ QuantumLeaper on Monday 06 October 2008 21:18 : \____
    >

    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> ____/ Chris Ahlstrom on Monday 06 October 2008 20:22 : \____

    > http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=G...urce=undefined

    >>> Is Debian down? How about shares of FSF in the NASDAQ?
    >>>
    >>> Ahh... the art of choosing stocks and time periods very 'selectively' to
    >>> make a
    >>> pointless point.
    >>>

    >> Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    >> thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    > This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs
    > are
    > there --->

    What an idiot. Roy Schestowitz is basically admitting that he's a liar but
    defends his lies because (in his diminutive mind) he thinks he's "advocating
    Linux."

    > The Linux-bashing NGs don't even exist.

    Nothing makes Linux users look bigger kooks than you Roy. Seriously.

    > :-)
    >
    > - --
    > ~~ Best of wishes
    >
    > Roy S. Schestowitz | "Lions are like hippie tigers"
    > http://Schestowitz.com | RHAT GNU/Linux | PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
    > run-level 5 Oct 6 11:20 last=S
    > http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine

  15. Re: Microsoft Win/Office monopoly stands strong

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    >> Don't like people playing by the same rules as you do? You do the same
    >> thing, or at least the articles links you post do the same thing.

    > This is a newsgroup focusing on Linux advocacy. The Windows advocacy NGs
    > are
    > there --->
    >
    > The Linux-bashing NGs don't even exist.
    >
    > :-)

    More accurately, the Windows advocacy newsgroups do not really exist. There
    is no need to advocate Windows, Windows is the far and away market leader
    and known to one and all who can decide for themselves if they want to
    purchase a Windows computer or not. Linux, on the other hand, is still,
    after almost 20 years of ineffective "advocacy" is still obscure. The Linux
    advocate's message is generally a strident form of unintelligible insults
    directed at Windows users along with some arrogantly phrased techno-dweeb
    jargon involving issues that no one really cares about.

    Keep up the good work.

+ Reply to Thread